• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Tourney Videos

That aint me!

That's DiscChainBasket18. I love his stuff. My favorite is last year at the USDCG when he followed Simon and Jussi - Team Discmania Battle.
I (Hatchet Harry/DiscChainBasket18) was filming the round with the "photographer" walking around in the background! I am not that dude! I would never be that dude as he was (I thought) very distracting to the players on more than one occasion. But I did see him talking to the ladies before the round. I guess that he was informing them that he would be taking pictures while they played the round although I bet they didn't count on him being so visible!?:confused:

I (Hatchet Harry/DiscChainBasket18) was filming the round with the "photographer" walking around in the background! I am not that dude! I would never be that dude as he was (I thought) very distracting to the players on more than one occasion. But I did see him talking to the ladies before the round. I guess that he was informing them that he would be taking pictures while they played the round although I bet they didn't count on him being so visible!?:confused:
Sorry, I thought Ian was ask who is Videographer not the Photographer :hfive:

thanks for great covereage buddy! I didnt realize that you and Hachet are one in the same... i enjoy the videos!! And yeah glad it was only for those few holes that guy .. wow .. but yeah keep up the great work!

OK here's some more:

thanks for great covereage buddy! I didnt realize that you and Hachet are one in the same... i enjoy the videos!! And yeah glad it was only for those few holes that guy .. wow .. but yeah keep up the great work!
"Hatchet Harry" was a name I grabbed out of the air a long time ago when Youtube was forcing me to change my original channel name "DiscMotoSlots"! I've got a fresh upload for your continued viewing pleasure. Round 2 at the beautiful Wintersun resort:

"Hatchet Harry" was a name I grabbed out of the air a long time ago when Youtube was forcing me to change my original channel name "DiscMotoSlots"! I've got a fresh upload for your continued viewing pleasure. Round 2 at the beautiful Wintersun resort:

Coby is hilarious, a la Zach Melton. Glad to see some footage of him. I'd say you'll be getting a lot of him now that he's moved to up to Asheville.

Coby is hilarious, a la Zach Melton. Glad to see some footage of him. I'd say you'll be getting a lot of him now that he's moved to up to Asheville.

Foot fault: Barry-Hole 2

Coby needs to play a lot better than that if you want to see him on these videos in the future. The kid couldn't catch a break in that 9.

Is Wintersun where Sun Spree used to be? I didn't know Coby moved to Asheville. Played with him at Flying Eye last year, great guy
Never heard of "Sun Spree". I don't know if it is the same place, sorry. Wintersun is an inn located south of Asheville, NC. Here's a link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g49129-d80466-Reviews-Inn_at_Wintersun-Fairview_North_Carolina.html
Yes Coby is in Asheville now. It's great to have players of his caliber & style move to our city! He is already making many friends here!

Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort was in Asheville but I think it's closed now, I haven't lived over there since the early 2000's. It was a big place, hoped maybe somebody had thrown a course in!

Foot fault: Barry-Hole 2

Coby needs to play a lot better than that if you want to see him on these videos in the future. The kid couldn't catch a break in that 9.

Saw that, though it was neither egregious or an advantage. Made his anny-line sharper if anything, but still illegal.

I had a hard time watching that round for other reasons, though. If I could stomach it, I would watch that again and count all the illegal jump putts. Hear me out, I could not care less if people want to do that during a casual round, or even during a mini, but in a tournament that's just poor form. I even have an ongoing friendly wager with a great friend at a $10 per round (just for the fun of it), and that dude is legendary for never lining up with this marker, jumping and almost setting the disc in the basket, and taking foot wedges to replace his disc 3-5' one direction or the other in order to get out from behind a tree or bushes. But, he's just a super smart guy who is totally clueless most of the time (think: absent minded professor), and he means well, so I don't really care. I continue to play totally legal, as I like to practice as I play and I'm also all about ethics, and him saving a few strokes because of bettering his lie makes the score at the end a little closer. All in good fun.

However, with these dudes the discs were being released when their plant foot was almost peaking some of the time. It was really obvious and consistently repeated. Drives me bonkers to watch top level players not be aware of that, or worse, just assume that they'll get away with it since it has to be called by the players on their card.

However, with these dudes the discs were being released when their plant foot was almost peaking some of the time. It was really obvious and consistently repeated. Drives me bonkers to watch top level players not be aware of that, or worse, just assume that they'll get away with it since it has to be called by the players on their card.

What does that even mean, "plant foot was almost peaking some of the time"? And if it's only "almost" a violation then what's the argument?

Can you identify a specific example with the exact time it occurs, so I can look at it?

What does that even mean, "plant foot was almost peaking some of the time"? And if it's only "almost" a violation then what's the argument?

Can you identify a specific example with the exact time it occurs, so I can look at it?

Yeah, I can see how that statement could be be ambiguous. I meant that their foot that is supposed to remain grounded until the disc is released ("the plant foot") is so high in the air once the disc is released that it is almost to apex of their jump. I'm only willing to scan for a moment and see if I can find a specific example, but this might be a conversation for a different thread.

Had I the inclination, time, or equipment, it would be interesting to watch Nikko's jump putt in frame-by-frame slo-motion to also count the foot faults. But that's just more involvement than I have the faculties for at this moment.

file%20sep%2030%2C%2012%2059%2026%20pm.png

Here's just a quick example. Sorry. Not the best quality as it was a screenshot off of a Youtube video that I couln't get to play in slow motion on my ipad. Pausing at just the right time that the disc was leaving his hand was impossible, so this was as close as I could get.

Last edited:
Impossible to tell from the angle, but my bet is that it is not a foot fault or a fault of any sort.

Take a look at the final 9 of Pro Worlds this year, just about all of Schusterick's jump putts were foot faults. I remember watching them at normal speed, saying to myself "foot fault", then slowing it down and sure enough his foot is unquestionably off of the ground with the disc still in his hand.

Take a look at the final 9 of Pro Worlds this year, just about all of Schusterick's jump putts were foot faults. I remember watching them at normal speed, saying to myself "foot fault", then slowing it down and sure enough his foot is unquestionably off of the ground with the disc still in his hand.

Maybe you're right, I'm not disputing it, but like the other guy upthread, your point would be way stronger if you provide some evidence. For example, "go to 3:35 in the following video" [link]

Maybe you're right, I'm not disputing it, but like the other guy upthread, your point would be way stronger if you provide some evidence. For example, "go to 3:35 in the following video" [link]

Hard to pinpoint some as jumping through video is tough on my phone. The CCDG Worlds round 6 lead card pt 1 at 16:20 & 22:50 you should be able to catch one. A lot of the videos Will is in are shot by Marty 'McFly' and he crops the shot for most putts so you can't see people's feet.

Last edited:
Hard to pinpoint some as jumping through video is tough on my phone. The CCDG Worlds round 6 lead card pt 1 at 16:20 & 22:50 you should be able to catch one. A lot of the videos Will is in are shot by Marty 'McFly' and he crops the shot for most putts so you can't see people's feet.

No way anyone is going to call that...if you have go into super slow mo and ultra zoom to prove it, then it falls under reasonable doubt goes to the player. Probably all wake riders worries are similar cases. Good of you to provide a specific example but I'm not going to argue it further especially not in this thread. :) Cheers!