• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Tourney Videos

What killed them? I agree, I've seen so many tree deaths due to drought in Texas that it is hard to take. Very sad....

Emerald ash borer. Most of the ash trees in the Chicago area are dead or dying. Pretty much every disc golf course that had ash trees at this point has had them all cut down, many parks losing hundreds of trees. I think Michigan went through this not too long ago.

@ thedisceye, will there be another winter tour (of sorts) like last year/early 2015? Even though it was weird as hell at times seeing snow on the ground but people throwing in teeshirts ;) , I think those were the videos I first noticed from you.

I'm finishing my last two USDGC videos for SpinTV, then will be working on the tournament I filmed this past weekend (Volunteer Classic X). 3 rounds plus a Final 9 with the usual TN suspects (Schusterick, Melton, Dickerson, etc.). Also had a guy running a second camera for me and recently bought a microphone for possible commentary. Hopefully some cool additions for you guys.

I'll also be collaborating with someone to do some commentary on my Disc Eye versions of the USDGC footage :D

What killed them? I agree, I've seen so many tree deaths due to drought in Texas that it is hard to take. Very sad....

Emerald Ash Borer is working its way across the Midwest. They target ash trees and the treatment to save them can be costly. The adults lay eggs in the bark and the larvae eats the inner bark. This make it so the tree cant get water from the roots to the leaves. The town I live in has started to confirm cases of Emerald Ash Borer which is a pretty big issue around here as Ash trees are plentiful because they are cheap and quick to mature.

Emerald Ash Borer is working its way across the Midwest. They target ash trees and the treatment to save them can be costly. The adults lay eggs in the bark and the larvae eats the inner bark. This make it so the tree cant get water from the roots to the leaves. The town I live in has started to confirm cases of Emerald Ash Borer which is a pretty big issue around here as Ash trees are plentiful because they are cheap and quick to mature.

Thanks for the replies, there were at least three! What a disaster. Hope they find an answer.

Really? Three posts before yours, in response to the same post...

I checked out r/discgolf, and Royalhghnss/Ian states that Jomez was instructed to film player reactions, not the actual action on the final day lead card. So no final round vid from him.

That would leave SmashboxxTV's footage to be edited down in some way, which Smashboxx is not doing, (at least at the moment) according to their podcast.

But...what good are reaction shots outside of an edited final round vid?

Jussi's revenge, if you ask me. Trying to pump up views on other round vids and the 4 hour Smashboxx vid. I tuned in at the end of the live broadcast, but I'm not sitting through or skipping through that shiz in it's current lenghth. Everyone go click the vids to pump up those views!! Media! Marketing! Etc

Last edited:
Really? Three posts before yours, in response to the same post...

According to CCDG on Reddit Jomez was directed to film player's reactions, not the golf. Smashbox live stream is apparently the only recording of the actual final round golf.

No one did.

So disappointing... :|

I suppose it's time to use that "contact us" button on the usdgc website and provide some constructive feedback and sacrafice a few đisc in hopes the message isn't ignored as criticism from a black spot.

Even if the intent was not to release the final round as an edited version, it's a media failure not to capture it at all. What if there was an epic hole-in-one, and they wanted a perfect clip for distribution to ESPN. What if they're interviewing Paul next year and wanted to do a "let's look back to last year's championship" segment. What if, god-forbid, they wanted to sell the tournament footage for TV re-broadcast or publish it as a package, no one is going to accept footage for a tournament that doesn't include the final round.

On a side note, I regularly pay for online streaming both to content providers through patreon and other sponsorship as well as service subscriptions, so this isn't a complaint from someone that wants quality for free.

Latest posts