• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Am Worlds - Madison, Wi

I cut and pasted the info from the PDGA page when it was initially announced as an FYI to those players interested in 2016 Worlds. Sorry they got some details wrong and I passed it along. As far as why I didn't check - I had to reason to. Point was the announcement regarding the 2016 site, didn't expect someone to be offended with it over a year later.
Not offended at all I did not notice this thread till a few weeks ago to be honest , I sent you a message here before posting thats it nothing more

No problem, when I posted I did a cut and paste to just post the info to DGCR. I went back and checked e PDGA site and the initial announcement has since been modified. Good luck in Madison, maybe we'll get a round together in GM.

Yessir! See you soon, good luck this year!

Thought it was you. Haven't played much and when I have it's been bad (got a 840 rated round and a couple very low 900's waiting to hit soon!). Trying to play a few times a week now to get back in sync. I wish Madison had a few more trees on some of these courses!

Anybody have any thoughts on a good order of operations for my practice schedule? My game plan is that I don't need to go back to token creek, but I would like to get all the other 4 courses in over the weekend before. I feel like taking Monday off as a non throwing day will be ideal, but that means I need to hit 2 courses both days over the 9th and 10th. The only restriction is that junior dubs is at Heistad on Saturday. Any thoughts? Also I'd be totally down to meet with anyone who wanted to practice together that weekend.

Thought it was you. Haven't played much and when I have it's been bad (got a 840 rated round and a couple very low 900's waiting to hit soon!). Trying to play a few times a week now to get back in sync. I wish Madison had a few more trees on some of these courses!

As much as I like trees I look forward to blasting off on those wide open holes. Good luck this year, I'm sure you'll find a way to play well.

Anybody have any thoughts on a good order of operations for my practice schedule? My game plan is that I don't need to go back to token creek, but I would like to get all the other 4 courses in over the weekend before. I feel like taking Monday off as a non throwing day will be ideal, but that means I need to hit 2 courses both days over the 9th and 10th. The only restriction is that junior dubs is at Heistad on Saturday. Any thoughts? Also I'd be totally down to meet with anyone who wanted to practice together that weekend.

My suggestion is to play Elver & Cap Springs on Saturday...Hiestand & Bird's Ruins on Sunday. No doubles conflicts on Saturday. Close to field events and check-in on Sunday.

My suggestion is to play Elver & Cap Springs on Saturday...Hiestand & Bird's Ruins on Sunday. No doubles conflicts on Saturday. Close to field events and check-in on Sunday.

Hey Mike, are Sat/Sun set as free practice days for competing players? If so, how do we show that we are indeed competing?

I may be interested in shooting down on one of those days to get some practice in...

Hey Mike, are Sat/Sun set as free practice days for competing players? If so, how do we show that we are indeed competing?

Competitors will not need to pay for any permits while practicing or competing at any of the pay to play courses from July 9-16. The park rangers will simply not be checking.

Do you think Hiestand will be clear to play after 2pm on Sat/9th? Thanks!

Do you think Hiestand will be clear to play after 2pm on Sat/9th? Thanks!

Hard to say. Junior Doubles is two rounds from the short tees following a brief players' meeting at 9:00 a.m. with about an hour for lunch in between rounds. Around 3:00 might be more realistic.

Played Elver and Hiestand yesterday. Pins are all in the tournament positions, and the courses are in good shape, assuming Elver gets a good mow before the tourney starts.

Elver had an especially nice mix of holes, and the pin positions offer max variety. Talked to Mike for a bit, and it sounds like everything is on pace for a great event!

We're close now...I'm really starting to get amped up!