• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green April 22-24 Bowling Green, KY

Since there are only 2 pools for both Kereiakes and Chalybeate, you could use Kereiakes for Chalybeate and Only two pools are using White and Moore so you could use Moore for White and no one would have to drive so far North. I'm in GM so I would prefer to have those swapped. I liked the format for the past 5 years but I dislike not getting any of the courses I am used to. I know I'm in the minority but I even like Tech. It's a challenge. I even liked the old order: Tech, Kereiakes, Hobson, Moore. 1st round survive. 2nd round move. 3rd round move or at least survive fatigue. 4th round finish strong. I'm listening to your speculation NOS but until it's on the page, it's only speculation. I'll be there. I may move up to masters though. It's not like I'm going to be out of the bottom third anyway. 8th consecutive year coming up!

Is this all speculation going on here or do any of you have an actual idea of what courses will be played?

Gotcha. I'm subscribed to this thread (hoping to make it for the first time this year) and I guess I'm looking more for official info.

Any historic date/month when H.B. traditionally announces the pools or do we just wait it out?

The final schedule for what pools are on what courses, should be out before spring... I would imagine. They usually place the players in their respective pools after the last ratings update before the tournament.

Gotcha. I'm subscribed to this thread (hoping to make it for the first time this year) and I guess I'm looking more for official info.

Any historic date/month when H.B. traditionally announces the pools or do we just wait it out?

The Pools are divided a week or two before the event. This really only matters for ADV, INT, and REC as those are the ones with multiple pools. As far as the course schedule, it has been the same format the past 4-5 years due to 8 pools. The extra 2 pools (especially the third rec pool) complicates things.

Prodigy 2016 Fund Raising Disc avalable

Prodigy has sent us 50 H3 - 400 series with glow plastic!

We are selling these to help fund The 2016 Bowling Green Amateur Championships . . to pay for the ace pool, course rentals, and all the other items we do not take out of the players' entry fees.

They are $25 each (includes shipping in the US) with a limit of two per person.

pay pal F&F to [email protected] and we will send out ASAP!

Attachments

• BG Prodigy glow H3.JPG
    BG Prodigy glow H3.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 18
Pool schedule

see attached - the assignment of pools with in a division is based on ratings and will be posted o the PDGA results page about a week before the event.

Attachments

• BG 2016 pools.JPG
    BG 2016 pools.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 138
I'm going to miss Tech... But Not Phil Moore!

MM & GM both get Keriakas & Miller, So choosing between Hobson/Franklin(MM) vs Chalybeate/White(GM). Leaning towards MM just to get Hobson.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the par's are for white, griffin, lovers, and chaly? Are they all 54 for rec division?

Does anyone know what the par's are for white, griffin, lovers, and chaly? Are they all 54 for rec division?

These aren't official ("what is par, anyway?" official 'par' will be in the players' pack course guide), but will give you something to shoot for...in increasing order of difficulty:
  • Chalybeate is a shorter par three course where even Recs need to try to go as bogey free as possible and finish a few under 54
  • Basil Griffin has a mix of hole types, but all holes are attainable for Recs in three. Consider it a 54 (plus or minus)
  • Lovers Lane has a couple of really long holes for Rec arms, so it's probably about a 56
  • Ephram White plays a pretty realistic 60 due to the lengthier holes, OB paths, and the usual winds
If you shoot consistently around these numbers, you'll likely finish in the top half to top quarter of Rec. Some number of folks will really shoot well, and finish a few strokes under each of these all four rounds, and make the finals.

White was 61. I think I am gonna play INT this time. With the schedule change I can play 3 new to me courses if I do...

Discraft fund raising disc in!

Discraft has sent us a limited number of Z Flex Buzzz smoked color discs for fund raising efforts. these are $25 each (limit o two per person) shipped in the US.

pay pal to [email protected] and include address and choice of stamp colors (rainbow and flag sold out).

Attachments

• bg 2016 buzzz.JPG
    bg 2016 buzzz.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 25
  • bg 2016 buzzz single.JPG
    bg 2016 buzzz single.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 24
So, it looks like you have to be '16 current to just register this year? When does the open registration actually start, the night of jan1 at midnight or jan2 at midnight? I imagine, even with the increased entry fee, that it is gonna fill up even quicker this year, so I just want to make sure I am ready when the time comes...