• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green April 22-24 Bowling Green, KY

Typically major events open up at midnight on Jan 1st. So the night of December 31st, when it becomes midnight, boom...registration open.

Typically major events open up at midnight on Jan 1st. So the night of December 31st, when it becomes midnight, boom...registration open.

The problem is the bluegrass website says registration opens Jan1 and the registration website says jan2...

Sorry if this might be a silly question. How long does it take for a tournament to factored in to your pdga rating? I am one point away from having to play in a different division, and want to play in tournaments before BG ams, just didnt know how long it took to factor in to rating. Thanks.

It depends on when the tourney was and when the TD turned in his report. Usually two months at the most. Last year the first update was in March for '15 events.

Sorry if this might be a silly question. How long does it take for a tournament to factored in to your pdga rating? I am one point away from having to play in a different division, and want to play in tournaments before BG ams, just didnt know how long it took to factor in to rating. Thanks.

Also, I just looked at your pdga profile and it says you are 901 rating. If you fall below 900 you are not required to move down(actually most people I know would give you crap for moving down). It only works going up If you are 899 and hit 900 you have to move up.

1 point away, just move up and nothing to worry about.

I emailed him earlier, he said the registration opens jan2 at 6:00 am CST. The event page was wrong and said he corrected it.

Last edited:
Received this email today:

Registration is open until midnight 12/31/15 for players who want to sponsor a tee sign and receive a personalized shirt with name and PDGA number on it

Registration opens for all players January 2nd at 6am cst.

YOU MUST BE CURRENT 2016 PDGA MEMBER TO REGISTER

Divisions have limits: rec 260, int 170, adv 170, MM1 85, GM 85 and all women and the SGM men 85. any extra slots will be filled from the wait list by division openings after the March ratings as we will move players to where they are rated!

Last edited:
Seems like an updated pool schedule? At least it's slightly different than the one I had been looking at, and even makes it more tempting for me to try to take down intermediate this year - I love all 4 of those courses, while MA1 I wouldn't be too excited to play Franklin, and Keriakes isn't my favorite while I would be bummed to miss Hobson, and I really would love to play in a final 9 and battle it out for one of those baskets!

Looks like most of ya'll have current info - from the mass e-mail.
Registration for any player opens 6am cst on Jan 2nd.
Sponsor registration closed 11pm tonight (12-31-15)

I will transfer the sponsors to the new DGU web registration prior so keep an eye on the limits in your divisions (as stated above)

feel free to get fund raising discs with registration . . . the current ones in stock are here: http://www.bluegrassdiscgolf.org/BGamDISCS.html

Yawl have a save HB birthday - - or new year eve as some call it, and look forward to a great event as our BG Club is all working on sponsors, courses, and details for must fun and competition!

4 hours in, I thought there would be more people signed up by now... 363 total with 150 of those being tee sponsor early sign-ups

Why can't I register without a current pdga number. In the past it just needed to be current by March. I would like to wait to renew once I have a pdga discount code.

Why can't I register without a current pdga number. In the past it just needed to be current by March. I would like to wait to renew once I have a pdga discount code.

Here ya go.

Received this email today:

Registration is open until midnight 12/31/15 for players who want to sponsor a tee sign and receive a personalized shirt with name and PDGA number on it

Registration opens for all players January 2nd at 6am cst.

YOU MUST BE CURRENT 2016 PDGA MEMBER TO REGISTER

Divisions have limits: rec 260, int 170, adv 170, MM1 85, GM 85 and all women and the SGM men 85. any extra slots will be filled from the wait list by division openings after the March ratings as we will move players to where they are rated!