• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Discraft Ace Race

The towel & t-shirt are very cool. Now I don't give a rats hiney about the disc. ;0

Do they sometimes modify the course at all to make some of the holes easier to ace? Especially if the disc is a mid or putter?

There is an ace race at my home course in august, and there are several holes on the course that aren't ace-able mainly due to poor hole design (90 degree angles and poor flow to the hole). And a bunch others where you would easily find water (deep muddy water) 9/10 times if you're truly going for an ace.

I'd like to sign up but 9 out of 18 holes either are impossible to ace or you'll most like find water and then almost certainly lose your disc and you only get two.

Would they change some of the tee pad locations to make it more fun?

Do they sometimes modify the course at all to make some of the holes easier to ace? Especially if the disc is a mid or putter?

There is an ace race at my home course in august, and there are several holes on the course that aren't ace-able mainly due to poor hole design (90 degree angles and poor flow to the hole). And a bunch others where you would easily find water (deep muddy water) 9/10 times if you're truly going for an ace.

I'd like to sign up but 9 out of 18 holes either are impossible to ace or you'll most like find water and then almost certainly lose your disc and you only get two.

Would they change some of the tee pad locations to make it more fun?

Up to the TD running the event. But as said above, most will.

From the Q&A on Discraft's website for Ace Race TDs:

Q: Discraft recommends I shorten the holes on my course to between 180 and 250 feet for the Ace Race. Can I go shorter? How do I best shorten up some of my course's long holes?

A: You may shorten your holes to give more players a chance. Remember that the more aces hit during your event, the more fun it is! Discraft will provide you with free flags that you can use to create Ace Race tee areas on the day of the event. You can order these (limit 48 flags per event) when ordering your player packages.

For the Ace Race that I run, I shorten all 18 holes (my home course is on the long side with only 4 holes less than 300ft.) I prefer the more Aces more fun route, so I have several less than 180 feet an none at 250 feet.

You could always email the TD running the one at your home course to see what his plans are. Odds are he is waiting to see what the disc will be before he makes a final decision on tee placement.

"Hybrid driver/midrange" & "Design goal: a more controllable and durable Stratus"
AND Go!!

2016disc_lg.jpg

Thanks for sharing! It says "a more controllable and durable Stratus." I'm wondering if it would be worth practicing with the Stratus some more. I happened to find one a couple weeks ago. What do you guys think?

oh hell yes! stratus is one of my favorite discs, and been wishing they'd put it out in a durable plastic forever!

Latest posts