• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Glass Blown Open

Which "chase" card in first round? There are a couple groups that would be good. The Sexy/Koling/McCabe card looks interesting...

I am sitting here in my dark hotel room in Emporia next to Terry sleeping. He is a night owl and even 8am is early for him. BUT... here is SmashBoxxTV's plan for coverage.

All live broadcasting will be done on SmashBoxxTV's live page (www.youtube.com/smashboxxtv/live) We will be covering the lead (or featured) card every day.

We have 3 cameramen for this event. Day 1 we will most likely have all 3 at the ECC covering the MPO division. 2 on the featured and 1 on another that we can cut to. This is because the FPO division has very little cell signal at their first course.

Days 2 & 3 we will have one of our camera men wherever the FPO lead is playing. AS WELL AS our 2 cameras following the lead MPO.

It should be a fun event. Looking forward to having a great time and a great broadcast. And look for nightly podcasts wherever the GBO action is.

Days 2 & 3 we will have one of our camera men wherever the FPO lead is playing. AS WELL AS our 2 cameras following the lead MPO.

Awesome plan, I'm glad to see y'all are finally in a position to really push the envelope on what can be done with live coverage (I'd love to see more booth-style commentary for sure, but I don't necessarily want Terry forced out as a commentator).

A question though; will the FPO footage be live or on a delay? And if it is live, will there be any coordination to try to make sure the FPO/MPO action don't reach "dead zones" at the same time?

Those are some same-as-always-for-feature lead cards.

ftfy

I'm sure we will see one or two of them on the lead cards the rest of the tourney... wouldn't mind seeing some other faces. Oh well... I'll still try to watch the live coverage.

No, we can not "coordinate" the two cards on different courses. But we will hopefully have other ways. If they both hit dead zones then we will go to the booth that we have setup with Terry and Robert. Yes, we are using a booth this week too. It is the only way we can do multiple cards reliably.

Oh, and I was wrong before about where we will be broadcasting. Because UDisc needs direct links to put the feed in their app, we have created day specific event links.
Day 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH6MmRy7gfI
Day 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu5aawktOss
Day 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDl_wLq-xek

Hope that works out for everyone.

ftfy

I'm sure we will see one or two of them on the lead cards the rest of the tourney... wouldn't mind seeing some other faces. Oh well... I'll still try to watch the live coverage.

Sure but theure peiple i enjoy watching play especially cox

No, we can not "coordinate" the two cards on different courses. But we will hopefully have other ways. If they both hit dead zones then we will go to the booth that we have setup with Terry and Robert. Yes, we are using a booth this week too. It is the only way we can do multiple cards reliably.

Honest question, no need to be snarky about it. You could have had the video crews communicating or had a delayed tape device to record the FPO and then cue it during the MPO dead zones when they're walking between holes or shots. Considering live broadcasts have been doing this for a while I thought maybe the technology was inexpensive enough to be used.

Glad to hear the booth is being continued this weekend

Is Gurthie playing this tourney? could show these wanna-be's what a real distance shot on a golf line looks like. Ok, ok, so Simon is the world record holder...but honestly, can he (or anyone) throw further than Gurthie?

Sure but theure peiple i enjoy watching play especially cox

Then watch our FPO coverage :)

Is Gurthie playing this tourney? could show these wanna-be's what a real distance shot on a golf line looks like. Ok, ok, so Simon is the world record holder...but honestly, can he (or anyone) throw further than Gurthie?

He is.

Simon thinks Drew throws farther than he does.

David Wiggins Jr is the world record holder.

Will do. I like all of our media outlets and while im hardly wver the first one to watch (life) im the only person I know who watches all of the coverage of every event. Eventually.

David Wiggins Jr. Holds the world distance record. Eagle and simon both show us all the time how to bomb golf lines. It is nice to see Gurthie's resurgence onto the scene though. It's interesting to see this kind of power with sexton smarts and what a power golf game looks like for real.

Latest posts