• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Master Cup Santa Cruz, CA

Same reason?

Doubtful. She was scheduled to start today's round but never did. My assumption would be she withdrew of her own accord. Maybe an injury, maybe she missed her tee time, maybe a personal issue cropped up.

I'm sure there will be some sort of statement from the PDGA if it was a DQ.

As an i suppose, if the caddies were volunteers, it hardly seems fair to be assigned a caddie and then held immediately accountible for that caddie's misbehavior. On the other hand, showing up withnyour friend who's drinking at a major, in the middle of tge day seems like a bad friend choice.

As an i suppose, if the caddies were volunteers, it hardly seems fair to be assigned a caddie and then held immediately accountible for that caddie's misbehavior.

There's a nearby annual tournament where I (and everyone else) are offered caddies. I decline partly for this reason. Also, I just don't want to be responsible for another human being while I'm competing, particularly one I don't know.

I may be in a very tiny minority but I just Dont like Dela. Such a lucky course with weird lines, but not in a good way.

I think that is the point. It seems to me that they intentionally tried not to have any "duplicate" holes. That's not an easy thing to do on a 27 hole course, especially one that has so many holes that are pretty close distance wise.

Paige waltzes away with the win. You put her on a golf course and kiss your chances goodbye.

As an i suppose, if the caddies were volunteers, it hardly seems fair to be assigned a caddie and then held immediately accountible for that caddie's misbehavior. On the other hand, showing up withnyour friend who's drinking at a major, in the middle of tge day seems like a bad friend choice.

Can't even conceive of a tournament where caddies are assigned against a player's will or better judgement. The player always has a say whether it's a good friend, a family member, a casual acquaintance, or a complete stranger carrying their bag. Even in a situation where the player doesn't really know the person carrying their bag and never sees that person possessing or consuming alcohol during the round, that doesn't really get them off the hook because they're still choosing to have this person represent them by carrying their bag. It's not as though the rules are ambiguous or new, either. If you're taking on a caddy, you're taking on the responsibility of their behavior. If you don't like that, you can carry your own bag.

Val was leading after round 1, and if it wasn't for miscues, would have likely maintained the lead after 2. So it's not like Paige is unstoppable. Lisa Fajkus also gave her a great run at GBO. I wonder what's going on with Cat.

I wonder what's going on with Cat.

If you (plural) look at Steve's charts, in several tourneys this year, Cat seems to start off strong then her scores start deteriorating as the round and tourney go along. She carries her own (very large) DG bag, and I wonder if she just gets physically tired and her play gets worse as a result. Sheer speculation on my part, and I still volunteer to be her caddy for her (and no beer).

Whatever it is, I hope she gets back to championship form...

CAZ_CJuUgAAGXRv.jpg