• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Steady Ed HOF Classic PDGA NT

He also mentioned Kevin throwing a comet as well. I'm sure he's just trying out a bunch of stuff to see what he likes best.

Interesting situation in the FPO. Cat hit the band and the disc rolled back and hit her bag before she was able to move it away. I was under the assumption this should be some sort of penalty. Looks like none was taken.

JeCroisQue; said:
Interesting situation in the FPO. Cat hit the band and the disc rolled back and hit her bag before she was able to move it away. I was under the assumption this should be some sort of penalty. Looks like none was taken.

Yes, looks like that should have been a 1-stroke penalty for violation of rule 810.F:

If a player or their equipment interferes with their own throw, the player is assessed one penalty throw. The disc is played where it first comes to rest.

Wait...are you saying that a bunch of pros missed a call? I'm shocked. Shocked, I say.

The current rule states it's a one-throw penalty for interference by the thrower or the thrower's equipment. No caveats about whether it is intentional or not, nor an out if the player attempts to avoid the interference (trying to move the bag, for instance). It even specifies in the summary of rules changes that "accidentally interfering with your own throw (for example, if your putt rolls back and hits you or your bag) incurs a one-throw penalty." There's absolutely no ambiguity about this one.

I'd bet anything that they didn't even give a thought to this new rule and played on as if the old rule, in which only intentional interference is penalized, was in play. I get that it's not an oft-needed rule, but for people who play at a high level every weekend like they do, a working understanding of our rules isn't so much to ask.

Nice commercial for one's sponsor. ;)

Prodiscus only has 12 molds total, so it's not hard to expect some gaps. Innova has 40 molds of midranges alone. But you're right, it's not a good look for the sponsor, and one of the downfalls of allowing a mixed bag from a marketing perspective.

Cory Murrell will pick up on any Innova product in someones bag. That's where his true brand loyalty lies. Then he'll claim to not know much about the rest of the players bag. Note to manufacturers... send Cory a little something for the effort to help improve his memory and get your product mentioned.

Cory Murrell will pick up on any Innova product in someones bag. That's where his true brand loyalty lies. Then he'll claim to not know much about the rest of the players bag. Note to manufacturers... send Cory a little something for the effort to help improve his memory and get your product mentioned.

Umm... no? Cory says good things about other companies all the time. He throws a couple trilogy discs iirc, and also has a Zone(or Harp, cant remember which)

Umm... no? Cory says good things about other companies all the time. He throws a couple trilogy discs iirc, and also has a Zone(or Harp, cant remember which)

Umm...where did I say he doesn't say good things about other companies discs? Innova is his special favorite to talk up. Not even close.

Umm...where did I say he doesn't say good things about other companies discs? Innova is his special favorite to talk up. Not even close.

He talks about Innova sponsored players and the discs they throw because he happens to know what they throw and/or they told him.

And besides Innova helps support them, so ya know...

Good that Cat won by enough that the penalty throw her group failed to assess to her in round one is irrelevant. She's rather quietly had a very good year. Two NT wins, second overall in the NT, a DGPT win, and a bunch of other A & B tier victories. She's justifiably in the running for player of the year.

Latest posts