• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] 2018- What is everyone's longest disc these days?

Orbital... had some crazy hyzer flips with it.. Best was a downhill with a 40' elevation change.. Popped it out on a 70 degree hyzer.. It slid left turning over right then came back left. Of course I haven't duplicated the shot again... but it's MVP hyzer flip goodness that my little arm can do.

400G D3 of the disc that I regularly throw for max distance. Out to 450 if I get my footwork and all the release angles right.

I've thrown a Proton.Catalyst farthest, @ 500, but I don't bag it anymore.

400G D3 of the disc that I regularly throw for max distance. Out to 450 if I get my footwork and all the release angles right.

I've thrown a Proton.Catalyst farthest, @ 500, but I don't bag it anymore.

I dug an X out D3 out a lake a month ago. Thing is MASSIVELY long. Its a little flippy, but when you get the line right it goes as far as anything I've ever thrown.

Similar to a Shryke. Tons of glide.

Longest ever was with a bran new Dragon at 500 feet on a 800 foot hole but then I was mad about hitting a tree 50 feet into that hole.

Most constantly long disc has been a Champion Valkyrie or Star 2009 ice bowl Valkyrie 171 grams at about 300 feet now, with now the Champion one being a newer Glow Champion Valkyrie 170 grams as of August 2017. The Valkyries are more flat topped but not completely flat.

The Champion Destroyers my lighter 167 gram one is the farthest disc have as I did get a 320 foot from it once last year but the discs are not as Constant for me as the speed of the disc is my max for throwing That disc when thrown right does the l with a c to the bump out to the left and back in line to the l. My heavier Champion Destroyer is the 170 gram disc is more a gentle hyzer disc like a bow shape, long bow style and can't get the max distance to the disc. I am going to be looking for a Destroyer in Champion at the 165-167 gram weight at my local store That sells only Innova discs, getting one with a low mini dome to it like the two I have.

Local store does not get in Groves much maybe a small small section left from when they first got them in during the second run with the stock Innova logo. I know they have lots of 175 gram R-Pro Hydras labeled as DX Hydras at 170 grams on the selling sticker making it harder to sell the discs to people. The DX Hydras that were sold as 170 and 175 gram discs. My dad has one of the 170 gram Hydras from when the disc first came out, in 2006. I still wonder what happened to his Skeeter and his Archangel?

Valk right now, I've decided to put away everything faster for the time being.

Until I found the Champion Destroyers in 2014 I had Valkyrie's a Champion and a Star one, exact star one is still in the bag from 2009 Ice bowl. I could not follow the Star Destroyers at the time as they had Avery Jenkins ones, the other AJ ones, and some early Paul McBeth ones. It was as confusing as the pro touring series Pro plastic discs out at the time in the old Pro Plastic.

For fieldwork, 148g HoF Wave, but any wind and its outta control.

Open golf lines, N Tenacity.

For tight golf lines, Plasma Volt.

Yeah, for bombing around the field I'll sometimes bring blizzard Bosses and such. Nothing can touch them for distance. The risk is high though and they'll fly all over the place. I don't use any light drivers on the course.

Light discs are terrible in anything but downwind conditions. Even then they can be iffy.

Update: for me, the Tern. Period. End of story. Done trying to beat it, it ain't happenin' for me...

Yeah, your arm might be just short of really seeing what a Shryke can do. For me the Shyrke blows by the Tern easily.

Yep. For me, the Shryke doesn't get anything over the Tern, and I am more comfortable with the Tern's rim. And it may be that I'm at my "point of diminishing returns" at the Speed 12 level... the Sheriff, Bolt, Destiny, Octane, and Freedom don't outpace the Tern for me, either.

Also, my hope was that the CD3 and/or Star Mystere could get close, so that I could disc down. But today on the range, the Champ as well as Star Terns were well past the S-CD3, C-CD3, Flow, and Shimmer Star Mystere. So I give up. I'll bag the Tern, keep playing with the CD3, and throw glide-bombs with the Falchion. :thmbup:

Yep. For me, the Shryke doesn't get anything over the Tern, and I am more comfortable with the Tern's rim. And it may be that I'm at my "point of diminishing returns" at the Speed 12 level... the Sheriff, Bolt, Destiny, Octane, and Freedom don't outpace the Tern for me, either.

Also, my hope was that the CD3 and/or Star Mystere could get close, so that I could disc down. But today on the range, the Champ as well as Star Terns were well past the S-CD3, C-CD3, Flow, and Shimmer Star Mystere. So I give up. I'll bag the Tern, keep playing with the CD3, and throw glide-bombs with the Falchion. :thmbup:

If you like speed 11, give the Thrasher a try. Big Z. Longest 11 speed disc I've thrown, other than maybe the Mamba. Thrasher is way straighter.

If you like speed 11, give the Thrasher a try. Big Z. Longest 11 speed disc I've thrown, other than maybe the Mamba. Thrasher is way straighter.

I was realizing earlier today that I haven't really tried any Discraft drivers, except the AvengerSS. How would you say the Thrasher's flight compares to the AvengerSS?

Leopard 3 DX 167g Orange...longer than Beast, Valkyrie, and Tern for my arm speed. Only thing that comes close is a 167g DX Teebird.

TripleB