• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 PDGA Am Worlds - YORK, PA

As someone who was obsessed with BMX growing up, York, PA will always be associated with flatland riding.

Last year it looks like they used 9 courses. With 684 potential golfers. With only 8 courses are we looking at less spots?

Thanks

Was thinking about flying up to play this year. Had a few questions for anyone that may know. I see the dates are set from 6/20-6/27. Is the first round that we would play on that Sat the 20th? And is it only one round a day? Or how does it typically work. Trying to figured out what day I would need to fly in on and all those logistics. Anyone have any knowledge of a schedule at all? I can't seem to locate one. Thanks!

Was thinking about flying up to play this year. Had a few questions for anyone that may know. I see the dates are set from 6/20-6/27. Is the first round that we would play on that Sat the 20th? And is it only one round a day? Or how does it typically work. Trying to figured out what day I would need to fly in on and all those logistics. Anyone have any knowledge of a schedule at all? I can't seem to locate one. Thanks!

The side games (doubles, distance, putting, skills competitions) usually happen first, on Saturday and Sunday. The tournament proper typically runs from Tuesday through Friday with a cut to Saturday's semifinal and final rounds.

If you have no interest in the side stuff, as long as you are there and checked in before Monday evening (player meeting), you should be good to go. Though obviously arriving earlier gives you time to practice the courses.

PDGA site lists Am Worlds 2019 as 500-700 competitors, and I think they originally listed the number at 600-800 many months ago. Because some divisions will use the same courses more than once and some older aged divisions (60-70+) don't play certain courses, i'm guessing the number of courses being used won't be the main reason the original competitor number was lowered. It may have more to do with the general area/course locations for York Co PA as compared to Charlotte NC (2018) and Orlando FL (2020).

Looking to make a trip in a month. Any guesses which division play what courses? MA1?

Looking to make a trip in a month. Any guesses which division play what courses? MA1?

If I had to guess, MA1 will be playing Codorus State Park's Red and Blue courses in their worlds layout. I think that is the only layout currently available on Red. They'll also definitely play the long layout on the Quaker's Challenge at Pinchot State Park, the gold layout at Muddy Run, and the new course at Heritage Hills Golf Resort.

Codorus Township and Boulder Woods at Pinchot are shorter courses that may be reserved for other divisions. And I don't know much about Kline's Run in eastern York. They just put the baskets in for that course and I'm not sure if the teepads are finished yet.

Shiprock DGC in Lancaster, Pa has been added as a Worlds course.

Course list is now:
Shiprock
Muddy Run
Codorus State Red
Codorus State Blue
Codorus Township
Pinchot Park - Boulder Woods
Pinchot Park - Quaker's Challenge
Coyote Hills
Kline's Run
Heritage Hills Golf Course

The courses for each division has been posted.

MA1:
  • Codorus State Park Red
  • Codorus State Park Blue
  • Heritage Hills
  • Kline's Run
  • Muddy Run
  • Quaker's Challenge - Long

FA1:
  • Boulder Woods
  • Codorus State Park Red
  • Codorus Township Park
  • Coyote Hills
  • Muddy Run
  • Quaker's Challenge - Short

MA40:
  • Boulder Woods
  • Codorus State Park Red
  • Coyote Hills
  • Muddy Run

FA40:
  • Boulder Woods
  • Codorus Township Park
  • Kline's Run
  • Ship Rock DGC

MA50:
  • Boulder Woods
  • Codorus State Park Red
  • Coyote Hills
  • Muddy Run

FA50:
  • Boulder Woods
  • Codorus Township Park
  • Kline's Run
  • Ship Rock DGC

MA55:
  • Boulder Woods
  • Codorus State Park Red
  • Coyote Hills
  • Muddy Run

FA55:
  • Boulder Woods
  • Codorus Township Park
  • Kline's Run
  • Ship Rock DGC

MA60:
  • Boulder Woods
  • Codorus Township Park
  • Kline's Run
  • Ship Rock DGC

FA60:
  • Boulder Woods
  • Codorus Township Park
  • Kline's Run
  • Ship Rock DGC

MA65:
  • Boulder Woods
  • Codorus Township Park
  • Kline's Run
  • Ship Rock DGC

FA65:
  • Boulder Woods
  • Codorus Township Park
  • Kline's Run
  • Ship Rock DGC

MA70:
  • Boulder Woods
  • Codorus Township Park
  • Kline's Run
  • Ship Rock DGC

FA70:
  • Boulder Woods
  • Codorus Township Park
  • Kline's Run
  • Ship Rock DGC

Side note: There are a TON of divisions these days lol.

Also it seems strange that MA1 is playing Kline's Run when only the older divisions are playing it as well, would make more sense to move them to Ship Rock (which is a bomber course) or Coyote Hills (Ugh please no)

The courses for each division has been posted.

MA1:
  • Codorus State Park Red
  • Heritage Hills
  • Kline's Run
  • Muddy Run

FA1:
  • Boulder Woods
  • Codorus State Park Red
  • Codorus Township Park
  • Coyote Hills
  • Muddy Run
  • Quaker's Challenge - Short

Does this mean MA1 is playing 6 rounds and FA1 is playing 7? If so, how many days are these rounds spread over?

I took that week off for work, hoping to get out there early to learn the courses. If I'm playing 6 rounds and the event ends Saturday I am sadly going to be playing some/all of those courses blind.

Does anyone know when the Kline's Run course is likely to be playable?

I was out that way a couple of weeks ago but ran out of daylight.

Does this mean MA1 is playing 6 rounds and FA1 is playing 7? If so, how many days are these rounds spread over?

I took that week off for work, hoping to get out there early to learn the courses. If I'm playing 6 rounds and the event ends Saturday I am sadly going to be playing some/all of those courses blind.

My guess is that MA1 just plays one of the courses twice (Fingers crossed for Muddy Run lol). I know the Final 9's will be at the Codorus State Park Red Course.

My guess is that MA1 just plays one of the courses twice (Fingers crossed for Muddy Run lol). I know the Final 9's will be at the Codorus State Park Red Course.

Draft Schedule has been release. It looks like almost everyone is playing 6 different course other than pools S, F and L. Also the F (52) and L (24) are on the smaller size of the pools.

https://www.pdga.com/files/2019_pdga_amateur_worlds_course_schedule_v1.png

And anyone playing Codorus State Blue course or Codorus Township should start working on some elevated putting as both have a number of raised baskets.

Ton of work has taken placed at Codorus State Park with new tees and baskets. Red is par 62 and Blue is a par 63.

And anyone playing Codorus State Blue course or Codorus Township should start working on some elevated putting as both have a number of raised baskets.

Ton of work has taken placed at Codorus State Park with new tees and baskets. Red is par 62 and Blue is a par 63.

Still trying them to put barrels or something around the elevated baskets. Make it a little more aesthetically pleasing lol.

But with the exception of maybe one hole on the Red Course, this is the best Codorus has played in my years playing there!