• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships Aug 12-17

IMO, past champions (especially legends like Greenwell) should get an automatic spot at Worlds. Isn't that how golf does it, too?

Dont you have to qualify for worlds? I wonder how Greenwell got in, only guess would be a wildcard for the old guy so he can claim he played all worlds since 19XX.

Also wondering about starting spots per nation, is there some sort of ratio? There are plenty more good finnish players out there for example, I wonder if they all declined their invitation. As it is now, there isnt much difference to the USDGC. Mainly american players.

To be invited to Pro Worlds, you need to be a professional member of the PDGA and have played a rated round in the preceding year. Other than that, it's about the registration tiers...

The first tier is for any players meeting the invitation criteria who are rated 1000+ for MPO or 900+ for FPO (as of the end of the previous year). After a period, tier 2 registration is for MPO 985+ and FPO 850+. After another period, tier 3 registration is for MPO 970+ and FPO 800+. Tier 4 registration is for all current professional members of the PDGA. Then, if there's still space, tier 5 registration is open to amateurs rated 970+ for MPO or 825+ for FPO.

David Greenwell was invited in tier 3 (rated 976 at end of 2018), not on any sort of special exemption. Until Worlds fills to capacity, there's no real reason to limit qualification any further than they have.

IMO, past champions (especially legends like Greenwell) should get an automatic spot at Worlds. Isn't that how golf does it, too?

Senior grandmaster worlds, sure.

To be invited to Pro Worlds, you need to be a professional member of the PDGA and have played a rated round in the preceding year. Other than that, it's about the registration tiers...

The first tier is for any players meeting the invitation criteria who are rated 1000+ for MPO or 900+ for FPO (as of the end of the previous year). After a period, tier 2 registration is for MPO 985+ and FPO 850+. After another period, tier 3 registration is for MPO 970+ and FPO 800+. Tier 4 registration is for all current professional members of the PDGA. Then, if there's still space, tier 5 registration is open to amateurs rated 970+ for MPO or 825+ for FPO.

David Greenwell was invited in tier 3 (rated 976 at end of 2018), not on any sort of special exemption. Until Worlds fills to capacity, there's no real reason to limit qualification any further than they have.

Thanks for the explanation.

Ugh so I actually have to give a DD video a view to watch Barry, Dickerson and Earhart play? :wall:

EDIT: And Risley is on that card too...good grief.

im not watching it out of principle

dd :sick::sick::wall::wall::gross::gross:

I'm not sure you understand how YouTube algorithms work. /s :\ :|
If somebody chooses to boycott something, it shows intelligence, restraint, and fortitude. All admirable qualities. Also, big surprise, it was one big DD ad.

There is nothing admirable about the behavior of Streets and elmexdela in their actions toward Dynamic Discs and others in these forums.

They remind me of that snotty little kid in middle school, along with his dopey sidekick, that together are always attempting to inflict every injury on some other classmate(s) that they can, which includes rallying everyone else against the unfortunate targeted ones.

I really don´t want to talk about him, but it IS kind of fascinating that we after just two rounds have a player 110 throws behind the leader. . . i kind of want to see him play ( or really not haha ), i think i´m bad but i´m still rated 140 points higher than him. . so he must be really bad ;)

I really don´t want to talk about him, but it IS kind of fascinating that we after just two rounds have a player 110 throws behind the leader. . . i kind of want to see him play ( or really not haha ), i think i´m bad but i´m still rated 140 points higher than him. . so he must be really bad ;)

I could take someone of moderate athletic ability who has never touched a golf disc and have them playing at a higher level than he is in 2 weeks time.

Dont you have to qualify for worlds? I wonder how Greenwell got in, only guess would be a wildcard for the old guy so he can claim he played all worlds since 19XX.

Also wondering about starting spots per nation, is there some sort of ratio? There are plenty more good finnish players out there for example, I wonder if they all declined their invitation. As it is now, there isnt much difference to the USDGC. Mainly american players.

Of all the players in this event and you somehow manage to single out one of the greatest of all time and ask why he is allowed to play? Do you have to be watered twice per week also?

Of all the players in this event and you somehow manage to single out one of the greatest of all time and ask why he is allowed to play? Do you have to be watered twice per week also?

Interesting how you take your opinion and call others stupid cause they dont share it.

I singled him out cause he is way too old for open and I did not know that he still has such a high rating.

Goat is either Climo or McBeth.

Should i personally attack you now for having a different opinion?

People here really dont have any clue how to have a civil discussion. If that is any indication of average americans it's no wonder your politics are totally ****ed up.

Lol especially when we have Lloyd "World Record" Weema out there.

Internet blowing up over KJUSAs eagle on #14...

But how did I miss Jalle taking the eagle three on #13?? Crazy!! 11:20 at Jomes R1B9

107m throw in..nice. . i don´t think i can even throw 107m :)

I think Hokum had a 71m throw in Eagle in R2. .that´s more in my "realm of possibility". . in my dreams ;)

Interesting how you take your opinion and call others stupid cause they dont share it.

I singled him out cause he is way too old for open and I did not know that he still has such a high rating.

Goat is either Climo or McBeth.

Should i personally attack you now for having a different opinion?

People here really dont have any clue how to have a civil discussion. If that is any indication of average americans it's no wonder your politics are totally ****ed up.

You are not making a very strong case for being able to have an intelligent conversation.

Back on topic, McBeth by 8+ strokes. We have been watching this train build momentum all year.

Maybe its just me in my situation but I have an annoyance with the video coverage. I dont like that they are putting out the next day coverage right when next round is starting. Im off of social media, udisc, pretty much everything so that I get no spoilers. Id like to watch the live coverage but with them putting out the next day coverage right when the round starts it makes it impossible to follow it all. To me this takes away from how many people will watch the live coverage. I know that there are only a handful of people that are doing it the way that I am and it wont effect the numbers to greatly but its just something Ive noticed. Also, Im not watching any of the womans coverage because it has spoiled the mens results too many times for me.

Emerson went in to Worlds with a goal to end up in the top 10. . .McBeth´s ONLY goal is to win. . . so you can argue that the pressure is on Paul.

But i do think Paul got this, and it must be nice to have several of the big names far back. . takes a little pressure of Paul

Will anyone make a charge today? . .i hope Paige P does

All eyes on 21 year old Emerson Keith today. His wife could go into labor at anytime. So much on his mental plate right now. If he pulls this off, total disc golf stardom for the young man.

Day 3 leadcards.

2x Innova
2x Lat64
2x DD
1x Prodigy
1x Discraft

Trilogy is doing well

It's usually the Americans saying crap like this, didn't realize the Swiss had it in them... :D

Latest posts