• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Can't trade a free agent can ya. People in the know are saying Discraft, I see no reason to argue that.

Who says they are free agents? Just because they first announced they are leaving doesn't mean they aren't already set with a deal.

Actually I think they would get a worse deal with little negotiating power if they left and then started fielding offers.

Would they just give Ricky a sig disc before winning a world's under their umbrella? If so, that might put an end to the sig destroyer questions...

As for the tour disc... SockiPro Bullfrog??..

Would they just give Ricky a sig disc before winning a world's under their umbrella? If so, that might put an end to the sig destroyer questions...

A signature line of frogs? The bull, the tree, the poison dart and my favorite, the road kill.

I'm pretty sure Juliana Korver came over from Discraft and got the JK Aviar as part of the deal to switch. She had won two or three World's while she was Discraft-sponsored.

Who says they are free agents? Just because they first announced they are leaving doesn't mean they aren't already set with a deal.

Actually I think they would get a worse deal with little negotiating power if they left and then started fielding offers.

Either way, a "trade" seems unlikely don't it?

I thought the McBeth interview at the end of Monster on the Mountain was very out of character. It's hard to see how this will benefit him overall, but it will definitely benefit Discraft. The guy sells discs.

It will be interesting to see the rollout and the changes in marketing.

I thought the McBeth interview at the end of Monster on the Mountain was very out of character. It's hard to see how this will benefit him overall, but it will definitely benefit Discraft. The guy sells discs.

It will be interesting to see the rollout and the changes in marketing.

I'm pretty sure it benefits him with more money.

i had slowly become pretty much a Discraft (my fingers always seem to want to type Discfart first, every time) believer in terms of Paul landing with them... And after the mountain interview I am like 99% (gotta leave that one per cent until they announce it officially). They were basically shoveling it down your throat. Like WE CANT REALLY SAY IT ALOUD BUT READ BETWEEN THE LINES... AND THE LINES ARE THIS BIG, READ IT YOU MORON

i had slowly become pretty much a Discraft (my fingers always seem to want to type Discfart first, every time) believer in terms of Paul landing with them... And after the mountain interview I am like 99% (gotta leave that one per cent until they announce it officially). They were basically shoveling it down your throat. Like WE CANT REALLY SAY IT ALOUD BUT READ BETWEEN THE LINES... AND THE LINES ARE THIS BIG, READ IT YOU MORON

That interview seems pretty much like him saying it. It's the first company he mentions, the discraft banner in the back, him talking about Nate (ledgestone TD) trying to get him to move to Discraft for years..
He's talking more wistfully in terms of everything he accomplished with Innova, not as if they're sticking together. Like that whole chapter is written and he's moving on.

That interview seems pretty much like him saying it. It's the first company he mentions, the discraft banner in the back, him talking about Nate (ledgestone TD) trying to get him to move to Discraft for years..
He's talking more wistfully in terms of everything he accomplished with Innova, not as if they're sticking together. Like that whole chapter is written and he's moving on.

Regarding the second part of your post - Yea its been announced he is leaving Innova.

I guess the thing which this whole shakeup is driving home in my head is the discs dont matter....at all. Like they mean 0. I have been growing toward this belief, but this is hitting me over the head with a hammer. Favorite discs, certain levels of wear/beat in, etc, runs, plastic type, etc....none of that matters one little bit and if it does, its all psychological.

Regarding the second part of your post - Yea its been announced he is leaving Innova.

I guess the thing which this whole shakeup is driving home in my head is the discs dont matter....at all. Like they mean 0. I have been growing toward this belief, but this is hitting me over the head with a hammer. Favorite discs, certain levels of wear/beat in, etc, runs, plastic type, etc....none of that matters one little bit and if it does, its all psychological.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that interview filmed before the announcement?

Last day of Monster on the Mountain - OCT 28, Announcement - OCT 31

Discs don't matter? Time to throw everything away and rebuild my bag around the Groove and the Wolf

No, discs matter, otherwise pros would not have demands for new, or modified, discs as part of their agreement. It doesn't always happen, but it has several times.

I don't think Paul will have an issue as I think Discraft fits his power-control style fine; that and he supposedly putted with a Magnet as an amateur anyway.

I would think it might be tougher on Ricky moving to Innova, as he has to get used to lower glide drivers....his putting will be fine though..... I could be wrong, time will tell.

Btw, I am not claiming any of the companies are better than any other, but they tend to have different 'themes on how the discs feel/fly.

Last edited:
As for the Monster on the Mountain interview, remember that it was done on 10/28, three days before Harold Duvall and Dave Dunipace made the announcement that solidified all the rumors. It wasn't published on YouTube until 11/9. (Speaking of which, Terry, that could have been gold to publish that interview by itself on 10/29 or so!) It seemed in character to me, unless we're talking the "character" of being an Innova promoter. Still professional and "professionally personable," maybe a little unsure of how much to say or how much not to say. And even if he's made a deal at this point, or before 10/31, he may not have made one at that point. Now the main thing out of character was the triple bogey on hole 4 and the fact that he was giving the interview as the 2nd place finisher.

One of the biggest advantages (for DC) of McBeth moving to Discraft would be that they would suddenly have a much easier time signing top level pros. Their "signature" pros have been Nate Doss and Val (awesome but both past their prime and seemingly moving on to other things rather than PLAYING dg), Michael Johansen (legendary but not exactly winning Worlds or NTs, and not really touring nationwide), Austin Turner (good but young), and Tim Barham (seems a primarily regional player?). So those guys are good but nowhere near, say, the large lineup of Innova signature players. Add PMac to Discraft, and I'd imaging it's much easier to get top tier players over there. Then it's not just Paul selling discs, but some others in that 1020 and up range.

I don't think it would take him long to figure out what works for him. Gotta remember that we're talking about the best of the best. Yeah people have preferences if you could throw anything you want, but these guys and gals are at the top. In other words, Discraft driver A and Innova driver B might be similar, but you don't think his skill set is good enough to make adjustments? In a blind taste test he might prefer B to A but he'll find a way to win with A.

Us ams would just complain about it instead of making the appropriate adjustments. I think the toughest part will be getting enough stuff seasoned in so he's got a good rotation going and learning the plastics as they wear.

I put together a complete Vibram bag, never thrown one before. Like 14 new to me. Went and shot my favorite course and shot 1 off my best.

Discs don't matter.