• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

BTW - I think Innova is smart to get KJ. The maturity and focus under pressure that he showed was pretty amazing. I think we'll see more of him at the top than Paul next year. He is the future

Prediction:

Barring injury. Paul will still finish with more top 10s more top 5 more top 3 more wins and more earnings than Jones in 2019 and 2020.

Kevin Jones future is still debateable at this point. When he wins an NT he can have a seat at the big boy table.

Feldberg won his world title in his mid 30s. His game was bound to start declining sooner than later no matter the discs he carried.

It's always been the archer, not the arrow. People who think McBeth will not be good because hes carrying different discs should probably revisit the starter pack challenge where he threw a ~1000 rated round woth 150 class dx discs.

Agree. Look at Paige Pierce. Made the switch to DD, did very well once she got to know her discs. I suspect McBeast will do well with his chosen Discraft (or whoever's) discs once he gets to know them.

Remember that McBeth had his bag stolen in the middle of a tournament, and with all-new discs almost won (lost on the first playoff hole).

Side note: if Madison Walker leaves Innova, would it not be more likely she goes to DD with her buddy Paige Pierce than to Lat64?

GvcEITE.png

From my understanding, one big concession for Paul in getting the 3 year deal after 2015 was that he'd have to rep their (upcoming at that time) backpack bag (HeroPack). I'm not sold on the idea that he ever loved the bag itself, but he was seemingly able to leverage more value out of that concession than if he had refused and continued to rep Grip Eq.

That makes sense because the Hero bag isn't even worth the cost in my opinion. I'm all about the backpack style bags and I'd rather carry the old school Innova bags with backpack straps than a Hero bag.

Please don't compare McBeth to Feldberg. I saw Feldberg on a recent card from either CCDG or Jones and the dude looked like Senator Palpatine post force lightning. He obviously smokes a ton which takes a toll on him, nothing like McBeth.

I couldn't disagree more with your entire post.

People don't throw destroyers because Paul does, or Anthon. They throw them because the wide rim promises more distance. And it actually does give more distance, relatively speaking. The Destroyer is an iconic mold that just plain outperforms others in its class, just like the Teebird, just like the Roc.

When the max d drivers first came out they didn't have a name on them and they absolutely sold like hotcakes. It was because of their unique properties, and the promise (if not delivery) of performance gains.

Ask new players and people who have friends that play if they know any pros. I'd bet that a lot of them would only know Paul. He sells plastic. Innova is number one, I don't think that'll change. However, Discraft's sales will no doubt see a significant increase.

Give any Archer a brand new bow after two decades using a different bow and you will see a ton of difference. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

He'll most likely have a slight slump during the learning curve, but I could 100% see him winning another USDGC or Worlds. To say otherwise is even more ridiculous. It's the archer, not the arrow. Sure, it'll take him time to adjust. But, you don't think he had to adjust to different runs of all the discs he threw? You don't think he had to adjust to the discs he cycled? Paul will probably still be top 3 in the world at the end of 2019. Top 5, no doubt.

Someone mentioned Paul having a lot of money and JT mentioned DC offering something special, is it possible they are giving Paul a discount on buying a share of the company? It's also been mentioned that maybe they offered something that gave him a more secure future, and a stake in the company would certainly fit the bill.

There was an interview a few years ago where he basically said he had no plans of being a touring pro into his 40's. He's definitely thinking big picture.

Man, you guys are missing the most blatantly obvious positive from this situation.

WHO'S READY FOR P McB DUBSTEP DISCRAFT COMMERCIALS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noooooooooooooooo! Seriously though, I bet part of his deal was to immediately cease using those for commercial spots. Those were horrible.

Alright new source says Kevin not going to Innova, I trust this one more than the to Innova one. Gossip is fun! lol.

DD it is :). Honestly I think not going to Innova is a good move for him if that's the case. While I think he is very talented he's kinda like Eagle before this year, and can't quite close out right now. The pressure of "filling McBeth's shoes" would be a lot. On DD he could keep pumping out top 5/10s and not have people saying he's a bust.

Speaking of Eagle, not sure what his contract with Discmania is like but I could see Innova trying to pull him over to be the face.

I could see DC offering him something outside of straight up cash. Something like ownership or stake in the company along with salary and bonuses. Something long term where he can make more money into his later years when he slows down playing than he could have with Innova.

Prediction:

Barring injury. Paul will still finish with more top 10s more top 5 more top 3 more wins and more earnings than Jones in 2019 and 2020.

Kevin Jones future is still debateable at this point. When he wins an NT he can have a seat at the big boy table.

Agreed, everyone is acting like Kevin Jones is already the next McBeth.

Latest posts