• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

The general consensus seems to be that his contract goes through the end of the year, so not likely the new company will see any benefit this year.

I like that he's having fun with the whole thing though.

Ooohhh...ok if that's the case then that makes complete sense why we haven't heard anything official yet.

Discraft: It makes a lot of sense, of course. They could proably pay up, have a large disc line up (except the putter plastic thing) and have no touring names anymore.
The biggest business thing I see though is the crossover marketing they can do with Ultimate is mindblowingly huge. I came from college ultimate days, and there are maybe a hundred thousand more playing ultimate that could buy up a few golf discs. I don't know what ads look like on AUDL broadcasts but I bet they'll have some disc golf ads soon.

Boy this is coming true before he even signs. (Toldyaso)

Gather the big eyeball grabbers Brodie and Simon and do some viral videos. Going to grab up a lot of Ultimate player's eyeballs. Discraft is gonna cash in hard here.

Best thing about Memphis is the Memphis Mud ribs. Dry rub and sauce combined together; perfect! The sauces are a nice sweet heat. Pulled pork isn't bad but Carolina is best (as a South Carolina native I'd say we do it wayyyy better than those Yankees north of Rock Hill but eh). As for brisket, eh, gimme the pork ribs.

However, a word of advice for all coming to Memphis; don't go to Rendevous for the ribs, go for the history and atmosphere and get bbq chicken nachos. The old heads who cooked passed on and it just isn't as good. Can't go wrong with Central BBQ though!

What's your stance on Corky's?

This thread is starting to make me want it allllllll and Gus's Famous fried Chicken

What's your stance on Corky's?

This thread is starting to make me want it allllllll and Gus's Famous fried Chicken

I like it, but my girlfriend's company uses their DC in town for frozen food services and they make her life a living hell so we don't eat there out of spite. But also good ribs and other BBQ.

Honestly, the place place to get BBQ in the city is in Collierville, at a little strip mall place called George's BBQ. They make everything fresh each day and whatever doesn't sell at the end of the day gets donated. But they frequently run out of items because of that! They also do fried Mac and cheese bites, which are just perfect.

Now Gus's is just perfect, I don't think anyone can disagree with that at all

I've only had Skyline (all that is in NE Ohio), but from what I hear, GoldStar vs Skyline is a religious war in Cincinnati.

Never went to either place when I was in Cincy; only chili I had was at one of the local parlors. It was...alright. I'll stick to craft beer and food trucks if I ever end up back up there

Prepare for blasphemy. The best bbq is...

Texas style brisket with East Carolina style vinegar sauce.

woah.gif

The best BBQ is . . .

. . . the one closest to the disc golf course I'm playing.

Exploring new disc golf courses just makes a person hungry for BBQ.

Oh and Paul Discraft something something . . .

Latest posts