• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

So Ultiworld has a seriously truncated "player tracker" and only 1 unknown spot now with Ricky.

Quick check : how many top 25-50ish people do we have as unknowns still? FPO/MPO

Yeah if you know pros locally going through free agency please have them reach out to the UWDG staff.

This was a spur-of-the-moment idea given the McBuzzz around free agency that has popped up in the last couple of years (these threads have been a catalyst, no doubt).

The biggest issue with the player tracker is we don't really know who is a free agent oftentimes until they've announced they have a new deal. Companies are just hesitant to offer that info. There's no judgment behind who is/isn't listed - it's just who we find out about.

So...help us help you! :D

Any chance Rick ends up at Discmania?

I think it very unlikely that DM has that much money to throw around (or the interest to do so even if they did). I firmly believe they are continuing to bank on growing up the next echelon of Eagles. They have such a wide crop of teenaged prodigies coming up that at least one of them will likely be the One. Silas Schultz may be a good candidate. Oskar Vikström is probably the hottest Finn right now but honestly they will never* be on the same line as their US brethren who dont have a real winter to contend with.

* Seppo is trying to prove this untrue but he is doing it by spending a large part of the offseason in the US, so kind of breaking the paradigm.

Simon's Instagram would certainly make it look like Rick and Jones are being wined and dined by DiscMania. But maybe they're just buddies

Sockbomb to Discmania? I can see that. Does anyone know if the agreements/contracts with the Innova "sisters" are separate from a direct Innova contract? I know they all typically allow "sister" molds in the bag. But now it seems most can throw only Discmania or only Millennium and be successful. Could we see a full Discmania spin-off in the near future?

Sockbomb to Discmania? I can see that. Does anyone know if the agreements/contracts with the Innova "sisters" are separate from a direct Innova contract? I know they all typically allow "sister" molds in the bag. But now it seems most can throw only Discmania or only Millennium and be successful. Could we see a full Discmania spin-off in the near future?

Talking with a former Innova guy, it sounds like DiscMania really prefers an exclusive bag with them but has the odd exception.

Innova really doesn't mind as much - look at Barsby. I bet Ricky is going Innova with all that cash they were freed from, and I bet Ricky adds 2-3 Discmania. Probably:
P2 from Dagger (unless Innova brings back DX BB)
MD3 from Compass
Maybe some Driver if he can't pick from the 50 Innova has.

Wasn't Rick with Innova before? I think he would fit in with the other tall skinny guys at discmania

Alex Geisinger seen throwing a Discraft bag over the winter, heard it was on a bet. Anyone think he would switch?

Oskar Vikström is probably the hottest Finn right now but honestly they will never* be on the same line as their US brethren who dont have a real winter to contend with.

Oskar Vikstrom is rated 1006. Vaino Makela is rated 1026. They both are from Finland. So unless Osker is younger, and by a pretty good margin, Makela is better. However, you do have a point thay they are limited by the weather they live in.

Talking with a former Innova guy, it sounds like DiscMania really prefers an exclusive bag with them but has the odd exception.

Innova really doesn't mind as much - look at Barsby. I bet Ricky is going Innova with all that cash they were freed from, and I bet Ricky adds 2-3 Discmania. Probably:
P2 from Dagger (unless Innova brings back DX BB)
MD3 from Compass
Maybe some Driver if he can't pick from the 50 Innova has.

You know, for me MD3's and compass's are quite different. Quite the noticeable difference in the hand and upon flight. My sparkle opto compass can really shape lines, similar to an old Champion Cobra. Where as my Eagle McMahon Glow MD3 is more similar to a Roc3.

You know, for me MD3's and compass's are quite different. Quite the noticeable difference in the hand and upon flight. My sparkle opto compass can really shape lines, similar to an old Champion Cobra. Where as my Eagle McMahon Glow MD3 is more similar to a Roc3.

Never thrown a compass, just thinking about a beadless Stable mid from Innova? Coyote maybe.

Also I'm getting myself worked up at the idea of a stock DX BB Aviar coming back for Ricky