• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Let me know when Nybo does something headline-worthy and then you can come back and try to reinstate the initials. I believe in this thread if were talking about a hot mover KJ, everyone knows who we really are talking about. Other that insisting just because.

But I like "Kevin" too.

Kevin Jones is a great get for Prodigy. Paul and Ricky have gotten most of the attention lately for their moves, but Jones landing with Prodigy is a significant. That dude has superstar written all over him. Not only does he have the potential to be an elite player in the MPO division, he has the potential to move a lot of plastic: People like Kevin Jones. He's young, he bombs, he actually looks like an athlete, he's well-spoken as far as pro disc golfers go, and it's cool to root for him already. Based on the jumps he's made in the last year he could be Prodigy's best known pro by the end of the year if he continues on the same trajectory.

Everyone acts like Prodigy is crashing, but they still sell tons of plastic in the Southeast and have a very good MPO team. Jones is on the up and is exciting to watch. Dickerson wins tons of tournaments, just won the Pro Tour Championship event, and is poised to break onto the national scene even more as he plans to tour more next year. Seppo Paju's putt looked MUCH better at the end of the season after he re-worked it, and now he has all winter to cement his new putting style. Seppo with good putting is a dangerous, dangerous player. Will returning to form is still a possibility and even if he doesn't he's still a big name, a great teacher, and an excellent ambassador for Prodigy. Cale still owns Minnesota and remains perennial top 15 when he plays big events. Matty O is the Alabama equivalent of Cale.

Prodigy's pro lineup matches up pretty well against any other manufacturer's.

Last edited:
Let me know when Nybo does something headline-worthy and then you can come back and try to reinstate the initials. I believe in this thread if were talking about a hot mover KJ, everyone knows who we really are talking about. Other that insisting just because.

But I like "Kevin" too.

I play with two KJ's who have never done anything newsworthy. And neither Nybo or Jones have done anything to deserve a monopoly on KJ.

And while I'm waiting for rain to stop so I can walk the dog and talking about initials, Discraft isn't DC. If anything it is just D, or easier to just say Discraft.

X1's have been out of production for more than a year. The mold broke, I believe.
The X2 is probably overstable enough for him.

Molds don't just "break"....unless the manufacturer put absolutely zero money into building it. But even then, they generally are fixable.

Catching up a little bit, and going back to the P McB nova talk: he could bag an ultrastar and throw that around if he wanted

Kevin Jones, if you read this forum, send email to your current sponsor and tell them that you are changing the team and thank them before you put out the video with your forthcoming sponsor. Real sportmen / women do that.

But I like "Kevin" too.

He got his name on the Teebird. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!
iu

Didn't eagle just move to Colorado where Discmania is moving their facilities. Also, he was just in DM media with Steve Braud about course design/building. Doubt he is going anywhere anytime soon.

Didn't eagle just move to Colorado where Discmania is moving their facilities. Also, he was just in DM media with Steve Braud about course design/building. Doubt he is going anywhere anytime soon.

I think it was Simon who may have been moving to CO IIRC

He got his name on the Teebird. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!
iu

Hey a lot of people not hot right now have their names on discs. I'm not ragging on the guy, hes a formidable player for sure, but you could hardly mistake him for an up and comer. just kind of bugs me when people pretend they mistake that somebody is talking about him re: big name sponsor move

To everyone saying over and over again "Discraft isn't DC": this is a Disc Golf forum. I realize there are other, more famous DC's out there, but we're not talking shoes or comics here. People don't like typing things out every time and there's no other DC's in disc golf so get over it already.

To everyone saying over and over again "Discraft isn't DC": this is a Disc Golf forum. I realize there are other, more famous DC's out there, but we're not talking shoes or comics here. People don't like typing things out every time and there's no other DC's in disc golf so get over it already.

Wow some folks get really butthurt about abbreviations, huh?

You lost me though. So you are saying people in disc golf forums are more accepting of lazy nonsensical acronyms? Discraft is one word, why do you insist that we accept DC?