• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 USDGC (Jomez lovefest optional)

The snark is a pretty weird overreaction.

One of the places doesn't require watching with the sound off...

Probably there's a lot of personal preference too. But man, announcers gotta get better now, by and large they're awful. Some of it is the voices (don't believe your parents when they say you can do anything you try hard enough at...), and some of it is the poor wording and limited register—repetitive commentary that still lacks anything iconic. It assaults the ears.

So as I reviewed the entered players, I saw Klimo has entered. Nice to see he is back from the hip thing. Hope he plays well. I might have to watch coverage if he makes it on a featured card.

So as I reviewed the entered players, I saw Klimo has entered. Nice to see he is back from the hip thing. Hope he plays well. I might have to watch coverage if he makes it on a featured card.

Didn't he "play" this event last year, but only play one hole? I think it was like a ceramonial thing. Not saying he is doing that this year, but if this is his first tourney in a while, it seems weird it would be USDGC.

Didn't he "play" this event last year, but only play one hole? I think it was like a ceramonial thing. Not saying he is doing that this year, but if this is his first tourney in a while, it seems weird it would be USDGC.

Iirc, he said during the live stream commentary last year, that he was intending to play but just tried to come back too soon and his hip started bothering him during a practice round.

He was really good on the mic last year...So if at the very least this means he will do the ceremonial teeshot and then be on the commentary team again this year...:thmbup::thmbup:

Last edited:
He's got a case of the Casey's...

Alas, I once tried to make a warning thread in the newbie section to warn of Casey. It was then I learned that non newbies cannot make threads there.

Sometimes I wonder if he is actually a person or a psyop being ran on us. It seems he is too consistent on being wrong for it to be an accident.

Its somebodies alt account. Someone that has enough disc knowledge to know how to screw things up just right to piss people off...

To add to this. Innova's biggest spokesperson are the discs themselves. How many times have a competitors disc have been described as aviar like, roc like, teebird like or destroyer like? Numerous times. Players come and go but molds stick around.

i'M gLad I lOst with My GenUIne iNNovA diSCs!

Alas, I once tried to make a warning thread in the newbie section to warn of Casey. It was then I learned that non newbies cannot make threads there.

Sometimes I wonder if he is actually a person or a psyop being ran on us. It seems he is too consistent on being wrong for it to be an accident.

Its somebodies alt account. Someone that has enough disc knowledge to know how to screw things up just right to piss people off...
My theory, for whatever it's worth—

Casey's just a dude who enjoys our sport and has an idiosyncratic manner and a shaky grasp on the facts. Actually seems like a nice guy. Never insults people or gets belligerent. Sometimes acknowledges that he's been proven wrong (for which he deserves some kind of internet medal). Newbs will figure out pretty quickly that he's not a reliable source of information. So let him post. Correct him if you must, and respect his positive attitude.

That, or else he's the Leonardo da Vinci of trolling, and he deserves a different kind of internet medal. Either way, respect.

I'd bet he is doing the same thing as last year by throwing a ceremonial first hole and then moving to the broadcast booth.

Not that places in the tournament are so scarce that they can't spare it, but Climo can be the ceremonial opener (a la the tradition at the Masters currently fulfilled by Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player) without being on the official registrant list. If he's on the list, I believe he's intending to play full rounds.

In which case, perhaps he has no expectation that he'll be competitive, and thus expects to be done with his round in plenty of time to jump in the booth with Jamie for the lead card coverage.

Not that places in the tournament are so scarce that they can't spare it, but Climo can be the ceremonial opener (a la the tradition at the Masters currently fulfilled by Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player) without being on the official registrant list. If he's on the list, I believe he's intending to play full rounds.

In which case, perhaps he has no expectation that he'll be competitive, and thus expects to be done with his round in plenty of time to jump in the booth with Jamie for the lead card coverage.

Champ would NEVER play an event with no expectation that he will be competitive. He either thinks he has a chance to win or he won't play. My guess is he's probably doing the same thing he did last year (where he was on the list but had no intentions on playing the event).

Champ would NEVER play an event with no expectation that he will be competitive. He either thinks he has a chance to win or he won't play. My guess is he's probably doing the same thing he did last year (where he was on the list but had no intentions on playing the event).

My understanding was that he had every intention to play the tournament last year but after a practice round, decided he wasn't physically up to it.

This article on PDGA.com seems to support that.

Champ will play to win always, but he's not sure if he's healthy enough to go all 4 days at this point. He basically has an open invite to join Hannah and I on stage whenever he's ready each day, we'll just see how it plays out.

My advice before all of the drama comes in - let the Jomez stans say what they like. They will have their strong opinions about the arrangement, and their speculation about what, why, and how - just let them vent/express themselves. For my part, I think it's a win-win that USDGC and Jomez came to an agreement to bring another card of coverage. I'll be very happy to see those guys out there doing their thing, and of course I'm honored by the opportunity to work my 7th consecutive USDGC!

I'm stoked to be hosting with Hannah as well, she's really put a great deal of effort into preparing for her media roles this year, and I believe she has grown tremendously because of that. She got herself noticed with her performance in the booth at Worlds, and has wholly earned this opportunity.

I can't wait to see the new fan zone/warmup/stage area and the new holes!