• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 Pro Worlds Picks

nothinbuttree

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
OK, so you all got in your top 5 for MPO and FPO? Any order, plus winners for each.

I'll start it out:

FPO: 2-5 (no particular order)
Gannon
Pierce
V. Mandujano
Tattar
Winner--Salonen

MPO: 2-5 (no particular order)
Buhr
McBeth
Lizotte
Gibson
Winner-Mcmahon

FPO
Tattar (1x)
Pierce
Mandujano
Allen
Salonen

MPO
McMahon (1x)
Wysocki
McBeth
Lizotte
Dickerson

Now that the easy part is done,;) I need to decide:
Famous Dave's or Bone Yard? :confused:

Last edited:
Dickerson has been my dark horse pick the past few years. I keep expecting great things from him. But, it'll probably be Ricky with McBeth taking another second.

It's a bummer that they won't let Lloyd Weema compete. That guy put up some amazing numbers at the 2019 Worlds.

Hard to pick against Tattar but based on her post event post, she's still hurting. Not sure she'll be able to hold it together for five rounds with significant power required, especially if the wind kicks up more than normal. I think V. Mandujano and Cat might be duking it out. Pierce may have the hot round once maybe twice but OB troubles and her admittedly inconsistent upshot might delay 6X happening this year. Missy has played well but it seems her superpowers arise on more wooded courses.

If Eagle continues his left-hand excellence, that should be more controllable than his previous forehand in those Kansas winds. Ricky and Calvin are the other two podium picks in either order with Calvin favored if higher than average winds and Ricky with normal or lower winds. It's unfortunate that OB count more than the number of actual number of throws made by each player is likely to determine the winner on these courses. Hard to pick against McBeth at least making the podium but I'm not sure any "handicapper" in our sport would be confident he has the consistency needed to do it, even with an expected hot round or two out of the five. Buhr is on track to make the top five or better this year.

MPO winner: Ricky

MPO 2-5: Buhr, McMahon, Lizotte, McBeth

FPO winner: Tattar

FPO 2-5: Mandujano, Gannon, Salonen, C. Allen

I'll have sushi instead instead of ribs too ;)

MPO winner: Paul
2-5: Ricky, Eagle, Lizotte, Heimberg

FPO winner: Tattar
2-5: Allen, Mandujano, Salonen, Pierce

Ricky won DDO earlier this season so he has momentum going into Emporia for Worlds. but statistically, it's pretty hard to bet against Paul. prior to this season, he won 3 DDO's in a row and he has won 5 of them since 2015, never going 2 years without a win. and since 2012 he has won 5 Worlds and never taken lower than 2nd. plus he got barely edged out of another Major win last month. with something to prove and the 10-year anniversary of his first Worlds win, i think Paul does that thing he does.

MPO
McMahon
Wysocki
McBeth
Buhr
Lizotte

Tempted to take Simon but will take Eagle ftw.

FPO
Tattar
Salonen
Pierce
V Mandujano
Scoggins

Have been saying a lot of the year that Mandujano was the next world champ but am taking Tattar.

MPO:

Wysocki (3x)
McBeth
McMahon
Lizotte
Buhr

FPO:

Pierce (6x)
Tattar
C Allen
Gannon
Salonen

FPO
Valerie winner, Catrina, Paige, King, Hanley

MPO
McBeth winner, Ricky, Simon, Brodie, Eagle

More in hope than expectations but I'd love to see final day Lead Card with Paul, Ricky, Brodie and either Simon or Eagle

FPO
Valerie winner, Catrina, Paige, King, Hanley

MPO
McBeth winner, Ricky, Simon, Brodie, Eagle

More in hope than expectations but I'd love to see final day Lead Card with Paul, Ricky, Brodie and either Simon or Eagle

Not that there are any wrong answers here but Brodie coming in ahead of McMahon, Dickerson, etc. is a pretty baller pick. I had Hammes sneaking into a top five finish as my "dark horse" pick. Pun intended.

Surprised I'm the only one to call this yet, but IMO Matt-y O makes the top 5. He's been playing his best in years and always finishes well at Worlds.

Solid top five pick for sure. I stuck Hammes in my top five earlier as kind of a gamble but if I could do it over I'd definitely stick Marty-O in there instead.

Latest posts