• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 Pro Worlds Picks

Corey Ellis for the win!
McBeth
Eagle
Mr. Gannon
K Jones

Pierce (winner)
Tattar
Miss Gannon
Salonen
Hailey King

Hard to pick against Tattar but based on her post event post, she's still hurting. Not sure she'll be able to hold it together for five rounds with significant power required, especially if the wind kicks up more than normal. I think V. Mandujano and Cat might be duking it out. Pierce may have the hot round once maybe twice but OB troubles and her admittedly inconsistent upshot might delay 6X happening this year. Missy has played well but it seems her superpowers arise on more wooded courses.

If Eagle continues his left-hand excellence, that should be more controllable than his previous forehand in those Kansas winds. Ricky and Calvin are the other two podium picks in either order with Calvin favored if higher than average winds and Ricky with normal or lower winds. It's unfortunate that OB count more than the number of actual number of throws made by each player is likely to determine the winner on these courses. Hard to pick against McBeth at least making the podium but I'm not sure any "handicapper" in our sport would be confident he has the consistency needed to do it, even with an expected hot round or two out of the five. Buhr is on track to make the top five or better this year.

True. But maybe she could get healthy enough to get a huge lead on days 1-2, then hold on as her injuries start creeping up. We've seen that before at, well, the last tournament and the DDO earlier this year...

MPO winner: Wysocki
2-5: Barella, Lizotte, McBeth, Orum

FPO winner: C. Allen
2-5: Pierce, Tattar, King, Weese

MPO:

Simon wins
Calvin, Ricky, Conrad, and Eagle 2-5. James just doesn't miss worlds final day lead cards.

FPO

Kristin wins
Salonen, Pierce, Val Mandujano and Ohn Scoggins 2-5

. Ricky and Calvin are the other two podium picks in either order with Calvin favored if higher than average winds and Ricky with normal or lower winds. .

No way that Calvin outputs Rick in windy conditions, C1 or C2. Rick wins in Texas every year, won worlds in Kansas and does well at the GBO/ DDO for a reason.

MPO
1. Simon
2. Ricky
3. Paul
4. Freeman
5. Calvin

FPO
1. Paige
2. Kristen
3. Valerie
4. Cat
5. Oliva

MPO:
Winner = Paul Mc6X

Ricky, Simon, Heimburg, and a fanboy pick for Matty O because it's hilarious when his sunglasses fall off.

What is with the folks thinking Brodie can be top 5? No way. If he proves me wrong then I guess I'll eat these words.

I want to root for Eagle but I don't think he's a good play by the numbers. Durability is a concern, especially because he's gonna try to leave it all on the course.

I kind of like AB as a sleeper pick. Courses set up nicely for his power.

I am thinking the same thing about Maria Olivia. She bombs far and putts really well in the wind. Had the lead at USWDGC before imploding under pressure down the stretch. The courses set up well for her game. She's from Texas so she's got lots of experience playing on big open windy courses like Emporia.

I got her with a top 5 finish.

MPO
Winner - Simon Lizotte
2-5 - Mcbeth, Heimburg, Eagle, KJUSA

FPO
Winner - Tattar
2-5 - Pierce, Cat Allen, Evelina, Missy

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Simon has been great in the wind this year and his putting is tops. It's hard to bet against Tattar.

FPO:
1) Tattar
2-5) Pierce, Val Mandujano, Handley, Allen

MPO:
1) Eagle
2-5) Paul, Ricky, Simon, Buhr

Honorable mentions:
Barela, Eveliina

I'll play with my relatively uninformed takes lol. MPO Picks now, FPO picks in a later post.

MPO Winner: Ricky - he's in great form right now and historically does really well in these conditions. Plus he's been there before, at this location, and won DDO this year.

MPO 2: Simon - he's in his best form in years, finished second in DDO this year, and has finished 1st in three other "bolf" DGPT events. He has all the tools to break through and make this his year.

MPO 3: McBeast - I'm predicting his first non-2nd-or-higher finish at worlds in a decade, but I'm not predicting him off the podium until he's actually off the podium. He may have "peaked" but he still has one win and 4 second place finishes in DGPT events.

MPO 4: Dickerson - He's been so close for so long, and he's going to remain so close. Wouldn't be surprised if he makes a big move in Rounds 3-4 to make the lead card for the final.

MPO 5: Matty O - In the 9 DGPT events he's played he's finished 2nd twice, 5th twice, 6th twice, 7th once, 11th once, and 15th once. He's shown enough consistency this year to be considered a legit competitor for the title.

MPO...10: Gannon - He's had a real coming-out year and I would guess that he starts off really strong, but I think if he's in contention in Round 4 he's going to drop off the pace a bit. He's projecting to be the best player in the world in the very near future, but he isn't quite there yet.

MPO...13: Brodie - Since he's a DGCR-discussion point, I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring here. He's 30th in DGPT points (which is pretty reflective of his average finish in DGPT events), but he did finished T3 in the DDO and his game (huge bomber) translates well to Emporia. And for the mental aspect, I think his athletic background prior to disc golf should help if the nerves start settling in.

More relatively uninformed picks, FPO edition:

FPO Winner: Tattar - The most consistent, dominant player in FPO right now, and has reached the podium in every event she's finished since last year's worlds (where she finished 5th).

FPO 2: Paige - If she avoids OB, she will win. But I think Tattar will play too steady for Paige's risk/reward game to work out this time.

FPO 3: Kat Mersch - Probably a reach, but FPO can be crazy sometimes and she's had enough Top 10 finishes to show she can reach the podium in this event.

FPO 4: Valerie Mandujano - Her coming-out party of 2022 continues with a strong finish at worlds.

FPO 5: Missy - Her power isn't overwhelming, but I think she has a higher floor than most the FPO, which helps her here.

FPO...9: Catrina Allen - This is also probably a reach, but in the other direction.

FPO...14 - Eveliina - She's as good off the tee as anyone in FPO, but I think she's going to lose focus on the putting green and end up below 30% in Circle 1X putts.

FPO...27: Kona - This is for mikemiller and shallows lol, she can throw with almost anyone when she's on...but her putt gets crushed by the Kansas wind.

Last edited:
FPO...27: Kona - This is for mikemiller and shallows lol, she can throw with almost anyone when she's on...but her putt gets crushed by the Kansas wind.

With the help of her new mental health coach Kona's gonna be rock solid.

MPO Winner - Paul McBeth
MPO Other Top 5: Simon Lizotte, Ricky Wysocki, Calvin Heimburg, Eagle McMahon

FPO Winner - Catrina Allen
FPO Other Top 5: Paige Pierce, Kristin Tattar, Eveliina Salonen, Kat Mersch

No idea who wins it (Eagle or Paul maybe) but I'd like to downvote a couple picks I see:

I think Ricky has lymes flareup again, bad timing bro. Also Simon, yeah would be hella nice but self admittedly doesnt play his best at Majors. Could break the habit of course. Barela will not get hot for all of the rounds unfortunately. Bad putting round is practically guaranteed to happen.

No idea who wins it (Eagle or Paul maybe) but I'd like to downvote a couple picks I see:

I think Ricky has lymes flareup again, bad timing bro. Also Simon, yeah would be hella nice but self admittedly doesnt play his best at Majors. Could break the habit of course. Barela will not get hot for all of the rounds unfortunately. Bad putting round is practically guaranteed to happen.

I agree. 5 rounds is a big deal and one reason Paul is dominant. A healthy Ricky and he would be my pic, but I think he is not 100%.

Eagle played incredible at EO, but I don't think he can duplicate that performance for 5 rounds having not played an event since the EO.

My pics would then be Simon or Paul. At DMC, I felt that Simon was very measured. Didn't try for the hot round, just solid every day.

With that mental game, he will be in the hunt.

Paul is Paul and Worlds is his reason for playing. He will be there.

PM, SL, EM, RW, GB.

FPO: KT, PP, ES, CA, MG.

Oh—Gibson for a dark horse top 5.

Brodie will struggle in R3 and on due to knee issues.

Latest posts