• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2nd Annual Okthrowberfest DGCR Dyers' Contest

Okay, Since I was personally invited... I guess I will throw my hat in the ring.

I will talk to the owners of Sun King Disc and Discgolfcenter.com about donating. I will also see if I can talk one of the somewhat local Pros to Judge. I don't personally know him but I do know a lot of people that do, so if I can arrange it what do you think about getting Ken Climo to be one of the judges of contest?

I guess I will have to stop at Discgolfcenter at lunch and get a couple disc to dye... Even though I have more than 20 unthrown disc at home, I think for this I need something thing different.

that'd be sweet if Climo chimed in.

What 1300 1300 is talking about is I took the initiative to contact some cool dyers to see if we could turn this into some kind contest. So far I've gotten 8 to commit . So it looks like I'll have to do one too.

way to take the bull by the horns, guys! And I thought I was on top of stuff just because I started the thread and pm'ed timg about judging... guess not.

I wet myself just a little bit when I read that KC would be asked to judge. Even if he can't, I think it's cool that he knows about it, just because I'm a geek like that.

After a pm from MOON, I have decided to throw in as well.

Kinda cool me being considered since the dyes that I do are no where near the artistic achievements seen by you guys. :thmbup:

Kinda cool me being considered since the dyes that I do are no where near the artistic achievements seen by you guys. :thmbup:

that's how feel as well. Most of the dyes that I do are simple fun ones. This makes me want to go out of my comfort zone. It should be fun. :hfive:

Doin the same thing Skinner. This will be my 5th dye (maybe 6th if I dye one this weekend) and I'm getting crazy on the design with my lack of experience. Kinda feel like I have to though just to feel like I can compete lol.

I'm not really concerned about "competing" per say, but I never force myself to put the time in to do the crazy dyes. This contest kind of gives me the excuse to spend way too much time and effort on a dye. Like I said, it should be fun.

^^My thoughts exactly^^
I feel that I have accomplished enough by just being asked to submit one.

Guess what I'm doing this weekend while the wifey is outta town :thmbup:

I'll be doing the same thing MFI. Wife is scrapbooking tomorrow so I am taking my boy out to pick up my disc for the dye and maybe a lightbox if I can find a decent price on one. (could build one but that cuts into my dyeing time lol). Then the rest of the weekend will be drawing, weeding, and dyeing. I can't wait.

Maybe non-dyer judges should be people from this site who have purchased dye jobs (in the last year) from dyers on this forum.
Just speculating.

lulz. i've sold quite a few, but still, more people would vote if it was open. plus, you couldn't really regulate that.

I'd agree that the submitters names should be hidden until after the voting results are in.

Even though I'm going to enter a dye, I'd probably be inclined to vote for somebody who has done some good discs in the past.

Purely psychological.

that's why i suggested that no artists' names be included with the photos. prevent the bias a little bit. shot down by skinner

that's why i suggested that no artists' names be included with the photos. prevent the bias a little bit. shot down by skinner

I like this idea. With all the talk of different divisions of hand-cut and plotter, it would be nice to just put them out there and try to let the work speak for itself. There are hand cutters that put plotters to shame and vice versa. Most people have a certain style, so it should be easy for those that care to figure out which member cut what.