• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2nd Annual Okthrowberfest DGCR Dyers' Contest

Maybe its to much for one man to do. Here's a idea start a club call it the men how organize… judge… and deal with all Okthrowberfest DGCR Dyers' Contest stuff. Charge them $25 to join and delegate all problems off to them. This way you can still be in charge and have $$$$ to offer up as prizes.

I really hope that alot of people come out for the Octhrowberfest. I think that it makes people try things they haven't done before. n00bs and vets alike can participate and have fun.

Last year, that haunted house disc that I made was only my 2nd or 3rd dye, and I was really nervous about if it would be good enough for this crowd. Just being a part of it and getting a good reaction made me want to dye all the more.

I'm making 2 this year, one that should be really fun if I don't f*** it up, and another that is more scary/halloween based that I'm hoping will be pretty bad ass.

I'm sort of having trouble deciding on what to do for the "prize disc" though. any suggestions would be appreciated.

are we going to have the chance to possibly trade with the other entrants?

any CE disc is cool with me :cool:

of course, but that's really up to the dyers to decide if they want to do it.

yeah... um... about that... unless someone has a rare or OOP disc that they want to donate, the disc itself with be not be anything special, I was looking for suggestions as to the dye I will put on the disc.

maybe you won't have to dye the winner's prize. you could get a sweet gold Latitude 64 disc...

I would just make a trophy type disc that says Okthrowberfest 2010 blah blah blah. Maybe mix in a pumpkin and some leaves or something along those lines.

1. buy yellow sparkle core (for golden effect).
2. dye it "okthrowberfest 2010, no regrets".
3. ????
4. profit.

EDIT: adding "no regrets" at the end of any statement makes it seem that much more legit. (as proven by science)

I move this from another thread.

I'm liking some of these ideas... it may endup being the most camoflauge disc of all time, but I have some ideas for a leaf design that, at least in my head, should be awesome...

honestly, one of my ideas for a halloween themed disc was something to do with the Exorcist, but I don't know if I can. That movie scared me so bad as a kid that just looking at the pictures in a GIS is freaking me out more than I care to admit.

F*** that movie.

personally, when i win, i want a disc that i can throw...not a big fan of hanging discs on my walls...unless it's my first ace disc

question, when you post the pics for voting, are you going to put the artists' name with their picture? might be better if no one knows who did what

can i pimp this contest by putting the link in my sig?

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea for all the dyer's involved to toss it in if they wanted too. I'm sure we all don't visit all of the threads here and the more of us with the link may help get the word out a bit more.

can i pimp this contest by putting the link in my sig?

By all means. I would like as many people to at least see it as possible.

question, when you post the pics for voting, are you going to put the artists' name with their picture? might be better if no one knows who did what

I think I'll put the names on there. I would like everyone to get credit for thier stuff when it's seen.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea for all the dyer's involved to toss it in if they wanted too. I'm sure we all don't visit all of the threads here and the more of us with the link may help get the word out a bit more.

+1

Also, I'm not a member of many other forums, so if someone could please post a link to this thead on some other places I like that would be awesome. I lurk on DGR, but don't have an account. I'm going to post this up on my local board too, but if you guys know of or are members of other forums, please spread the word.

already started cutting mine. it's too intricate, so i'm taking a break. my neck hurts from hunching over my "light box"

skinner, when we send you a picture, do you want it "trimmed up" so it's just a round image of a disc? like how BennetUA posts his dye pics?

Okay, Since I was personally invited... I guess I will throw my hat in the ring.

I will talk to the owners of Sun King Disc and Discgolfcenter.com about donating. I will also see if I can talk one of the somewhat local Pros to Judge. I don't personally know him but I do know a lot of people that do, so if I can arrange it what do you think about getting Ken Climo to be one of the judges of contest?

I guess I will have to stop at Discgolfcenter at lunch and get a couple disc to dye... Even though I have more than 20 unthrown disc at home, I think for this I need something thing different.

Latest posts