• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] 375’ power flip and glide right

I got an Escape in a mystery box, it seemed to fly the same shape as the Essence but didn't go as far. So I shelved the Escape and am bagging the Essence. I'm using the Essence for the shot shape you're talking about, but I'm about 50' shorter on distance than you so I'm not sure if it would meet your needs or if it would be too flippy at an extra 50' of power.

Plasma? For understable? I have a plasma Trace that took loads of beating to start developing turn. Just double-checking.

Plasma adds dome. Depending on the mold, that can make it either more or less stable than Neutron/Proton. For Waves that extra dome makes it a little less stable.

The closest to what I want is a DD Escape, similar to the Essence. I keep landing about 40' short and miss the putt. That's the line though.

I have thrown both a lot, Essence and Escape. They are both in the bag right now, although putters are taking a lot of the shots from the Escape any more. I can get my Escape to flip a bit but it is markedly more stable than my Essence. Essence does take some angle control at 350+ but seriously, they made that disc with glide sauce.

My two longest ever no-wind flat grass field no skip shots ever (420') were from my Essence on the perfectly launched flex line and from my Westside Destiny (my wide-open max distance bomber).

Over the course of hundreds of field throws and course throws, I'd highly endorse both Escape and Essence, but if distance is at all part of the problem-set, in my experience, the Escape is inferior to the Essence.

I spent an hour in the field with three Pharaohs and a Captain. I discovered that tha Captain IS slightly more stable than the I-Blend Pharaoh. The other two S Pharaohs are progressively more stable yet.

I can't dial in the shot. Either cutroll or too much fade. Usually cutroll. I suspect a different disc might not even help...
:wall:

It's inherently more difficult for a wide rim to have little fade, math and stuff. Either you get extra turn with little fade, or less turn with more fade.

I don't truly have a suggestion, figured you should at least be aware of that fact. Good luck on your search!

Beat me to it. What you're looking for is a slower disc. The only exception I can find is beating in a stable disc. Right now for that shot I would throw a gateway journey. It's beat enough that it'll hold the line. It's a 12/6/-2/1.
A slower variation would be a TD based on numbers alone(haven't thrown). The shot you're describing is a classic TL line at enough power(have thrown).
The other disc in my bag that could do it would be a discraft heat, I would just need to put it on a deeper hyzer

Beat me to it. What you're looking for is a slower disc. The only exception I can find is beating in a stable disc. Right now for that shot I would throw a gateway journey. It's beat enough that it'll hold the line. It's a 12/6/-2/1.
A slower variation would be a TD based on numbers alone(haven't thrown). The shot you're describing is a classic TL line at enough power(have thrown).
The other disc in my bag that could do it would be a discraft heat, I would just need to put it on a deeper hyzer

I have a TL, but usually throw the Escape farther.

How far do you need to bend the shot? is there an option to start a little bit more stable or a longer disc out flat rather than on hyzer? From your other threads I feel like you've probably tested near every popular fairway that exists so if none of those are fitting the shot it might be tough to find something that will.

Could you stand to land somewhere else and still have a putt? That's been one of my sticking points I've noticed, I always try to throw a shot that has my disc stopping in line with the pin as viewed from the teepad and 15-20' short of basket. But on some greens without too much danger I can have the same 15-20' putt if I go a bit deep and right of the basket, And that changes the disc selection or shot shape to get there into something I'm more comfortable throwing.

Beat up (or lower end) Wraith or Destroyer? I have no idea how a DX Destroyer might fly for you, but the LSS beats out of it first.

How far do you need to bend the shot? is there an option to start a little bit more stable or a longer disc out flat rather than on hyzer? From your other threads I feel like you've probably tested near every popular fairway that exists so if none of those are fitting the shot it might be tough to find something that will.

Could you stand to land somewhere else and still have a putt? That's been one of my sticking points I've noticed, I always try to throw a shot that has my disc stopping in line with the pin as viewed from the teepad and 15-20' short of basket. But on some greens without too much danger I can have the same 15-20' putt if I go a bit deep and right of the basket, And that changes the disc selection or shot shape to get there into something I'm more comfortable throwing.

324' roughly, and slightly uphill. That early bump out of trees is much more prominent than it looks here, and it is a Velcro pine tree. Straight shots get too wide left. A forehand risks skipping into the woods, and they are thiick 100% thorn bushes, poison ivy and tree branches hanging to the ground - zero looks at the basket.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 011D9F96-3C19-47C5-AC04-FFEBE141513C.jpg
    011D9F96-3C19-47C5-AC04-FFEBE141513C.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 76
324' and slightly uphill shouldn't need 375' of power to reach...and definitely doesn't need a high speed flippy driver (which are pretty unpredictable anyway)

Ever tried to throw a backhand roller on that hole? Same disc you'd need for an air shot (sidewinder, roadrunner, mongoose, heat, avenger ss, or your choice of understable fairway) Seriously, if you're finding those discs to be too flippy at that distance then we're back to an 'archer not the arrow' type of problem

324' and slightly uphill shouldn't need 375' of power to reach...and definitely doesn't need a high speed flippy driver (which are pretty unpredictable anyway)

Ever tried to throw a backhand roller on that hole? Same disc you'd need for an air shot (sidewinder, roadrunner, mongoose, heat, avenger ss, or your choice of understable fairway) Seriously, if you're finding those discs to be too flippy at that distance then we're back to an 'archer not the arrow' type of problem

Yep. Worked on my archery yesterday, and that is exactly the problem.

Beating up a Pro Corvette has accomplished this goal. Honorable mention to the ESP Heat right off the shelf.

Nice, I would have said a SW when hearing the shot. That or add a little more height and anhyzer. If you get the right anny and height a disc should hold turn then flatten out to the basket.

I was actually playing a tournament recently on a course where 3 out of 4 holes in a row ask for this sort of shot from me. One is a little shorter but uphill and two are a little longer but downhill.

I had never played the course before my practice rounds for the tournament so I took a lot of discs with me I don't normally use.

To my surprise I had the most success with a high 13xg board-flat blizzard Katana. That's probably not useful at all, since there's probably not a more inconsistent mold/plastic/weight combination out there, but it taught me to try discs I wouldn't normally think of.

I also had success with a 175g G* Corvette, but it was a little bit too overstable, so a beat-in Pro makes perfect sense to me.

I have similar distance and I use an old star sidewinder for this slot. I've found It tougher to truly trust a higher speed disc to not come out at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beat up (or lower end) Wraith or Destroyer? I have no idea how a DX Destroyer might fly for you, but the LSS beats out of it first.

Came to post DX Destroyer. One of the more underrated discs, mainly because it is sandwiched between the underwhelming DX Wraith and Boss. But the DX Destroyers bomb.