• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Healy, AK

49th State Brewing Co.

Practice Area
05(based on 0 reviews)

lion

I'm feeling frisky.
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member

Join the discussion about 49th State Brewing Co.

I visited this brewery in late August 2021. I did not know that there are baskets here prior to visiting, so I did not come prepared to throw discs into them (and thus did not "play" the practice area and thus will not be posting a review).

However, I can confirm that (as of that time):
- There are two yellow banded DISCatcher baskets here. They are in good condition.
- This is NOT a course, just the two baskets spaced maybe 25' apart.
- There are some obstructions near the baskets that are either inconvenient, or make having a beer and tossing a couple discs more interesting, depending on your perspective. See photos.
- There is good food and drink inside the brewery.

This obviously isn't somewhere to go out of your way to play from a disc golf perspective - and unless you are visiting Denali National Park (about a 15 minute drive away) or traveling between Anchorage and Fairbanks, it is likely far, far out of your way. However, if you do find yourself in the area I recommend the brewery, and if you stop at the brewery why not toss a couple putts?

I also strongly recommend visiting Denali National Park, and Alaska in general. I have done a lot of travelling over the past five years or so, and the Denali area was one of my very favorite destinations. I plan to return within the next few years. If you are interested in visiting Alaska but don't know where to begin, feel free to send me a DM - I'd love to chat about the trip I took and am willing to provide some general insights.

Cheers!