• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] A Comprehensive Speed 12 Poll

Which speed 12 driver do you prefer?

• Discraft Force

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Innova Destroyer

Votes: 87 44.2%
  • Dynamic Discs Tresspass

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • Westside Sword

Votes: 34 17.3%
  • Prodigy D-series

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • DGA Hurricane

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Millennium Scorpius

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Discmania DD Hysteria

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Latitude 64 Havoc

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Gateway Slayer

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
Ok, so the frontrunners right now are the Trespass, the Tern/Destroyer combo, the Krait, and the DD.

Ok, so the frontrunners right now are the Trespass, the Tern/Destroyer combo, the Krait, and the DD.

...and the Sword. If I use a Sword, would I need a stable compliment, or is Opto sufficiently beefy?

I like the Sword and Destroyer although the latter is harder to find the ones you like. I use the Trespass though. A lucid misprint and dyemax fuzion. Those two, a VIP Giant, and a pair of lucid/bio renegades cover every line I need in a max distance scenario. I just wish sometimes the opto/lucid plastic would wear quicker. It's like a tank.

Hmm... Now I'm thinking about a Sword/Giant combo. There are too many options haha.

It seems that the 12 speed Tern is a disc that a lot of people are throwing and should be included

It seems that the 12 speed Tern is a disc that a lot of people are throwing and should be included

I would have if I knew it would be this popular. Unfortunately, it's too late for me to change the poll.

IMO, the Sword and Trespass are very close to the same disc. Both great and are the best by a nose over...

The Destroyer is greatness, but there is such a huge difference between some of the runs... I have one that's great, but I searched for months to find one the way I like them. If you're getting your first one, get it in pro plastic. The Scorpius is a Destroyer in Millennium clothing.

All of them are great discs... the Hurricane bombs, but is more wind sensitive IMO. At least in proline plastic.

Pierce just won a major with an all Prodigy bag ...

Paige and Sarah are the only Prodigy players I've seen using an all Prodigy bag. Of the 12 or so players that are sponsored by them 10 of them have destroyers in their bags so.......

Paige and Sarah are the only Prodigy players I've seen using an all Prodigy bag. Of the 12 or so players that are sponsored by them 10 of them have destroyers in their bags so.......

I know :)

IMHO, there's no point in throwing anything faster than a TL or a roadrunner unless you're going to go big. And when I say go big, I'm talking about a 139 Blizzard Boss. I throw a TL 350 and my blizzard discs (boss, katana, destroyer etc) about 400 with much less accuracy. What's the point of using something in between?

I do like destroyers but haven't tried much on your list.

IMHO, there's no point in throwing anything faster than a TL or a roadrunner unless you're going to go big. And when I say go big, I'm talking about a 139 Blizzard Boss. I throw a TL 350 and my blizzard discs (boss, katana, destroyer etc) about 400 with much less accuracy. What's the point of using something in between?

I do like destroyers but haven't tried much on your list.

Because discs are not legal under 160g in PDGA events except the (Japan Open). I get where youre coming from I love Leopards.

Last edited:
Because discs are not legal under 160g in PDGA events except the (Japan Open). I get where youre coming from I love Leopards.

I wasn't aware of such a rule. A maximum weight yes, but I didn't know there was a minimum weight at all. What PDGA rule or competition rule is this minimum weight noted?

Sword hands down IMO. For winds I throw a Trespass or Villain depending on severity.

Unfortunately, the Lace has a 2.4 cm rim, so I'm not really considering it.

I only mentioned it since it's being compared to a beat Destro.

I wasn't aware of such a rule. A maximum weight yes, but I didn't know there was a minimum weight at all. What PDGA rule or competition rule is this minimum weight noted?

^this :popcorn: