• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A good disc that turns right.

Summit for a putter.

Ooo, I like what the mamba has to offer, looks like exactly what I am looking for.

Though the mamba has -5 turn it is a speed 11. Which means you have to throw it pretty damn fast in order to fly like the chart says. I see you havent been playing very long and no offense but Im pretty sure you wont be able to get it up to speed so its not going to turn like you think you will. Id recommend a leopard or river.

Though the mamba has -5 turn it is a speed 11. Which means you have to throw it pretty damn fast in order to fly like the chart says. I see you havent been playing very long and no offense but Im pretty sure you wont be able to get it up to speed so its not going to turn like you think you will. Id recommend a leopard or river.

It's pretty touchy on the nose-angle sensitivity as well, since it is a higher speed disc.

For what its worth, I just started as well, and was on the same path as you. MUST FIND DISCS TO PLAY FOR ME! Learn to build basic lines with straight discs, then build from there. The best thing that happened to me was I lost every not straight disc i bought (probably because i couldnt throw them straight!). I was left with putters and a shark and a cheetah. I forced myself to learn to throw my shark on alot of different shots because it was the only one I could throw and make it stay on a anhyzer at all. That is what I'd suggest. :) Also, loving my river as other people have stated. Carry on

OP - at .1 years playing, you are going to have a hard time getting a disc to go right unless you are turning your wrist over (OAT). Learn to throw a disc straight with neutral fade, and work on one that turns right from there. It is very hard to get consistency on a turnover disc when you are just starting out.
Alternatively, work on your forehand. I wish I had done that - I am working on it now, but it is so very frustrating when I am throwing 350+ BH and can't get forehand to do anything good!

A flat GL River is a good right turning disc. Domey Rivers tend to be more stable.

A flat GL River is a good right turning disc. If it's a light one and once you start to break it in. Domey Rivers tend to be more stable.

FTFY.

AS others have stated. Work on using a neutral disc or get an understable mid or putter for those shots. A high speed understable driver will still act "speed stable" if it doesn't get up to speed.

Fuse is a good neutral disc that's sneaky long and you can pretty much shape whatever line you want with it.

I really like a dx stingray.... I haven't seen a disc yet that will turn that far right.... lots of glide to it too.

pure for under 250 feet

comet for 250 to 330

Leopard for 300 to 360

Valkyrie or nuke for more

OP - at .1 years playing, you are going to have a hard time getting a disc to go right unless you are turning your wrist over (OAT). Learn to throw a disc straight with neutral fade, and work on one that turns right from there. It is very hard to get consistency on a turnover disc when you are just starting out.
Alternatively, work on your forehand. I wish I had done that - I am working on it now, but it is so very frustrating when I am throwing 350+ BH and can't get forehand to do anything good!

Yeah, although I just "officially" started playing, I had played a good amount of times throughout the passed couple years so its nothing to new to me. Love the sport though!

Latest posts