• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ABC Money

Technohic

* Ace Member *
Just got an email from GGGT featuring the ABC Money putter. Anyone try it yet?

They compare it to an Aviar and an Ion.

I'm still more interested in the rest of their line-up.

I do not need to play around with more putters. I've filled my practice duffle now with all different putter molds. I hate it.

i have held one they feel like a beadless aviar there r some pros around here using them. im sticking with my wizard

Yeah, I was suprised to see a putter from them first. I thought they were working on a similar disc to a Teebird.

As much as I'd like to try one, I'm afraid it sounds to hood for me. I'm not gonna support a dumb a$$ name like that. Let me know if I'm missing out;)

As much as I'd like to try one, I'm afraid it sounds to hood for me. I'm not gonna support a dumb a$$ name like that. Let me know if I'm missing out;)

But its "money"

I'm still more interested in the rest of their line-up.

fwiw...

entering in the Mission, Secret Weapon, and Flying Squirrel into our system as we speak...

I'm obviously taking a break from it right now... haven't had a chance to throw them yet.

See, now flying squirrel, that sounds funny- secret weapon, way cheezy.
Were all the good car/animal names taken?

I got a money at a local tourney our club held. We each got a Money putter and a Secret Weapon. The Secret Weapon was so hot off the press they still had not weighed them. It flies similar to a roadrunner or sidewinder. But back to the topic. I grabbed a Money putter and thought I liked the feel of it at first. It was WAY diffent than my Omega SS, so I thought I could drive with it. Hit one tree and it took a pretty good nic out of it. I guess they are Money on the putts. Not a driving putter, but it feels nice to me. I have only tossed my Omega SS and a 149 Aviar. It seemed like what a heavier Aviar would feel like I imagine. But I will stick to getting a heavier Aviar for drives and probably let my wife or children use the Money. ("hey baby here's the money, that's why you married me anyways."):Dhaha

Just got one in the mail today. Not sure how I'd compare it right now...But it feels pretty decent in my hand. I might keep it around for push putts.

\/\/

I got the Money Putter and the Secert Weapon at tourney. The Money Putter..Sucks......Secert Weapon..is OK

it feels and looks exactly like an Aviar
maybe you got a different batch than me and chuckdisc, but i'm thinkin a fresh donut would take less of a beating than my putter did hitting one tree. I haven't had that problem with an aviar. Even my dx aviar is still holding up well compared to my money and its 3 years older than my 3 week old money putter.

I have a money putter and just picked up a Flying Squirrel at illinois state championships over the weekend. Haven't really had a chance to throw the money putter as I trust my Warlocks too much but I am really digging the Flying Squirrel as an approach disc and sometimes off the tee.

The owner of the ABC discs is from IL and he is a great guy. If you haven't had the chance, try out a Gamma Ray, ABC's stable driver. I have heard some great things about it and will be picking one up for myself within the next couple weeks.

I hope to hear more reviews on some of their discs but I might try something from them just for the hell of it. I doubt it will be the Money though as the putter just doesnt seem to interest me at all.

They probably should have went more of the way of MVP and just put out one disc that they think will be their staple to get us all hooked.

I hope to hear more reviews on some of their discs but I might try something from them just for the hell of it. I doubt it will be the Money though as the putter just doesnt seem to interest me at all.

They probably should have went more of the way of MVP and just put out one disc that they think will be their staple to get us all hooked.

That was sort of the plan...then life happened, plastics didn't mold up as well as they should...one disc came out to be like 225 grams when it needed to be a max of 176...yeah. The money was supposed to be like the 5th disc out but the plastic got worked out first.

\/\/

I got one of the first run or Proto Moneys. So there might have been some changes made since.

They do resemble an Aviar, or like a Warlock.

:popcorn: Driving: I have to say, for the dozen or so times I drove with it, it was absolutely dead nuts straight. It had good resistance to turn. Release it flat, and it would hold. Release it with slight or mild hyzer, it would flip up and hold a straight line with a wizard-esque fade at the end. A really nice driving mold.

:| Putting: A bit OS for me. There was a significant fade at the end. But if you like KC Aviars, Wiz, Challengers, etc. it might be more up your alley. A lot of glide to it.

:( Plastic: I'd equate the plastic to the worst SSS Gateway plastic you've ever gotten. Grippy until you sweat on it. And the first tree smack will alter its flight path considerably. After 2-4 times driving it through (and into) the woods, the rim was bent down and the dome had caved in slightly--really nasty plastic.
Again, the newer runs may be very different.

The plastic on the money putter feels like candle wax, IMHO. Just throwing it four or five times into the basket scarred it a lot.
And you can almost mold the thing by hand. Don't like it at all really.

I sadly have to disagree with Maverick,

I played in Chain Reaction at Community Park (Channahon IL) and the guy who owns ABC Discs showed up. Aside from introducing himself as "ABC Discs," which weirded me out a lot, he also was just really cocky and had a bad attitude. My other gripe was several of the guys he sponsored spent their time in between rounds sitting in the parking lot drinking beer and bashing other competitors, and not just for their play, idk, very unsportsmanlike IMO.

Sadly, this interaction has swore me off ABC discs.

Latest posts