• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace Race Prize

Kwick

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Does anyone know what the Ace Race prize is?

I know the site says "ten premium discs and a bag".

I recently played the event, tied in the amatuer division with two other people.

After winning a tiebreaker, I won 4 discs and the bag.

The discs I own were:
Pro D Rattler
Pro D Ringer
Pro D Magnet
ESP Impact

I was a little suprised about the Pro D being considered a premium disc. Furthermore, it seems a little silly to have 3 putters in the prize pack, when the ace race disc, which you get two of, is a putter, leaving me with 5 new putters from the contest.

Is anyone aware of what discs where prizes in their respective ace race?

Thanks...

The prize was supposed to be a discraft bag plus 10 discs (mix of Z and ESP, maybe FLX) and an Ace race winner's mini.

The Ace Race that I was in had only one division, if yours had pro/adv and int/rec than maybe the prize was split between the two divisions.

On second thought, the Pro-D discs shouldn't be part of the prize. Strange stuff

Ours had divisions but overall got the bag and discs and womens got a dyed disc and best team each got dyed discs...all of it donated to the event or whatever.

I don't think they are "legally" supposed to be able to break it up and there shouldnt have been any pro-d in it.

Thanks for the help, it really does seem fishy.

Pro's played for money. Am's played for the discs, it was going to be 6 or 7 discs and the bag for first, and 3 or 4 discs for second.

Me and two other guys tied, so we decided 3 discs each. They all quickly grabbed three (I was part of the last group that came in and seemed to know what was in there)

I won a CTP to get the official win, the bag and the four discs.

That link you posted had an incredible prize pack. I'm really upset and hope discraft makes it up to me.

Thanks again everyone.

The 09 discraft ace race and putter is a joke. It is a complete promotion for discraft. you get discraft disc, sticker, hat, mini, and sticker.

And what is wrong with promotion. If Innova did something similar you know everyone would pour out and participate. Nothing wrong with some fun and promotion all at the same time.

The 09 discraft ace race and putter is a joke. It is a complete promotion for discraft. you get discraft disc, sticker, hat, mini, and sticker.
HUH!!I had a blast!!I am still a noob but I still had alot of fun. Some people liked the putter some didn't. I liked it and have been using it since. It seems to really hold a line and I really seem to be putting great with it.
This is what the guy won at the ace race I was at in NKY. I will stop by the guy that ran it store next week and ask for specifics but sounds like you got shafted.
He won a Discraft Tournament Bag filled with drivers, midranges and putters, a Supercolor "Ace Race Winner" mini ultrastar and a Discraft towel.

Last edited:

So did you go to it? If you don't like it, don't support it, it's that easy. For the rest of us who like to go try out new discs...I think it's great. It's a great tool for getting out newer players to come to a "tournament light" environment. Regardless of how they play, they still get a hat, mini, and two new discs. If they happen to win then they're set for a while. They get the feel of a tournament without all the pressure of follow up shots. It's a springboard for a lot of people into competitive disc golf, and for Discraft, it's a great testing ground for a new disc. Would you rather they just release new stuff all the time, or put the discs in a whole lot of people's hands first and make adjustments after the feedback?

As for the non thread-drifting part of this... that's kind of weird that they split it up into places. Where did they get the extra discs? There is typically no Pro-D in the winner's pack. I can see people running a bigger ace race with an actual money pot for the pros concurrently with the am's race with just the players pack, that's not surprising. The surprising part would be how they split the discs up. You may want to contact the TD and ask them how they decided who got what discs. If that isn't satisfying enough, report them to Discraft.

I ran an ace race this year and the prize package included 3 Pro-D putters. If I remember correctly it also had an Elite X Buzzz, a Z Stalker and 5 long range drivers (1 FLX & 4 ESP). My guess is the other two guys got the premium plastic.

I ran an ace race this year and the prize package included 3 Pro-D putters. If I remember correctly it also had an Elite X Buzzz, a Z Stalker and 5 long range drivers (1 FLX & 4 ESP). My guess is the other two guys got the premium plastic.

You ran a very fine ace race btw. When are we getting back out to play again?

Ran my Ace Race back on the 17th.......... here's what the winner got:

23638_g.jpg

The 1st Prize Booty includes:
Elite-Z
Stalker
Elite-X
Buzzz
ESP
Force
Flash
Meteor
Impact
FLX Avenger
Pro-D
Magnet
Rattler
1st Run Ringer

and

A Special Ace Race 09 Winners Mini
Towel
12 Disc Tournament Bag (not shown)

The 2008 prize package had no Pro-D plastic......... this is what it looked like:

15362_g.jpg

okay..that dude pissed me off, and I almost posted stupid stuff. so I deleted it, and am just going to say.

I like Discraft products, but I'm not a loyalist, and I'd go to a Quest AT ace race if they had them, and wear my shirt and hat with PRIDE.

\/\/

Discraft's ace race website tells another tale. According to them (they are the authority since its their thing) the prize pack is not supposed to be distributed among multiple players. I played in two Ace Races this year, co-hosted the second one. I though the pack was nice and worthy. We did not have any separate divisions. Discraft's site said you could have separate divisions as long as the top division was paid out in the prize pack. The first place player was an Am. I even hit an Ace and I am Rec-Int at best. The 1000 level player playing did not hit any aces, but a long string of metals. We had a CTP and Ring of FIre to ensure that most everyone walked away with something good.

I agree with Will if there was a Gateway Ace Race, Lat 64 Ace Race, Innova Ace Race, Discwing Ace Race or any other disc mfr. I would be out playing it even though I am a Discraft Boy.

I'd play a freakin' whammo ace race...the stuff is fun and it was a good break from "serious" disc golf.

CraigD and I want to run a deuce race...not only do you shoot for birdies but maybe we could have a chili eating contest and have a race to the portapotty....a true deuce race!

The past two AR tournies i've run I added a second place prize that was a couple full color discs......... but as far as the grand prize goes, Discraft asks that you NOT split it up. So i didn't.

Latest posts