• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace to the Face...

EeBeKay

Birdie Member
I was playing lakewood hills today, and we had a twosome come up from behind us. it must have been on 13 or 14. it is about a 280-300 foot dog leg, blind tee shot. anyways i just finished putting and i picked my disc up from the basket, took one step away and........

*CHA-CHING* (exploding chain sound) dude behind me tosses in an ace!! he didn't hear it go in, and my friend and i were completely shocked!! guys come walking up and i said, "Normally i would be pretty pissed because that went right in front of my head, but you hit an ace Congratulations!! :hfive:... the dude was psyched, and he thought we were ****ing with em.... it was pretty bizarre..

hopefully i'll get one, one day :wall:

I was playing lakewood hills today, and we had a twosome come up from behind us. it must have been on 13 or 14. it is about a 280-300 foot dog leg, blind tee shot. anyways i just finished putting and i picked my disc up from the basket, took one step away and........

*CHA-CHING* (exploding chain sound) dude behind me tosses in an ace!! he didn't hear it go in, and my friend and i were completely shocked!! guys come walking up and i said, "Normally i would be pretty pissed because that went right in front of my head, but you hit an ace Congratulations!! :hfive:... the dude was psyched, and he thought we were ****ing with em.... it was pretty bizarre..

hopefully i'll get one, one day :wall:

:hfive: nice! would be cool to see THAT close :p

it was pretty cool!!

(and in my mind i thought, you got to be f_ing kidding me ..)

Last edited:
hit a black ace there once throwing I think hole 5 or 6 downhill right shot and flexed straight into the other pin just straight ahead of that tee. Aces are luck it seems like more than skill!

Haha that sounds awesome. I think my reaction would be something along the lines of 'congratulations on your ace :D you dumb _______'

right after that hole was installed this summer it was aced two weeks in a row (at league). you should have messed with him and told him it missed and was in the forest to see how long he would look for it. when he gave up you could show it to him and say, "that's why you always wait for a 'clear'"

lol,

yeah normally i would of said something, but i was in shock as to what just happened in front of me. and i didn't want to ruin his first ace, (so it happens) i hate people that throw onto a blind hole without looking first.its actually a big pet peeve of mine! especially when we were the only ones out there, and didn't see anyone the whole round until then.

hit a black ace there once throwing I think hole 5 or 6 downhill right shot and flexed straight into the other pin just straight ahead of that tee. Aces are luck it seems like more than skill!

I used to think that it was more luck than skill too, but not any more. There's a hole at my local course that's 220 feet where I can hit the basket 1 out of 3 throws. I've aced it 3 times with the same throw, same speed, same angle. Some Luck is involved (especially on higher speed and longer aces) but it is 90% skill.

Aces are luck it seems like more than skill!

There is an element of luck sure, but [aside from black aces] most anyone who hits one was aiming for the basket and put their shot exactly where they were aiming. I say there's more skill than luck involved with any ace.

nice!!

but on a blind tee shot with a huge dogleg left, i would say 99% Luck!!! (or im just telling myself that because i am aceless, and jealous)..... i have one black ace tho...

going over my scorecard, i must have been pretty excited because i had my first bird of the day on the next hole. which made his ace on hole 13

You'll hit one soon enough. My buddy hit his first a month ago. I threw first bouncing off the bottom of the basket, he followed me with an ace. Two weeks later I finally sunk one too making that my second ace so far. If you practice they will come...

Meh,

I've been playing for five years pretty seriously.. I have been super close a bunch of times, hit metal on a couPle of occasions, and still nothIng. Oh well.. I don't let it bother me :)

Your right though... Someday jus maybe I'll defy the the odds and get one.. Cause if you think of it the odds get Better every throw.. Don't they?

Last edited:
Meh,

I've been playing for five years pretty seriously.. I have been super close a bunch of times, hit metal on a couPle of occasions, and still nothIng. Oh well.. I don't let it bother me :)

Your right though... Someday jus maybe I'll defy the the odds and get one.. Cause if you think of it the odds get Better every throw.. Don't they?

I only have two aces, and one of them came long before I signed up this site. It'll come.

It does take a lot of skill to increase your chances of getting an ace. I play with a friend who is rated 980/990. In the past couple of weeks, he hit an ace on one hole, and hit the baskets three times! (different holes on same course)

Me? I can only dream of hitting metal that many times.

i wouldve left it and not said anything, he prob would have came up to yall all quick like, "did you f*ck with my disc??!"

I got hit right in my left peck with a Beast on a blind hole today. Totally my fault, I was walking on the hole that runs parallel to it right on the edge of the fairway not paying attention at all. Dude was really concerned and apologetic but I just laughed it off and gave him a high five and told him not to worry about it lol.

you should have messed with him and told him it missed and was in the forest to see how long he would look for it. when he gave up you could show it to him and say, "that's why you always wait for a 'clear'"

j.+walter+weatherman.jpg

AND THAT'S WHY YOU ALWAYS WAIT FOR A CLEAR!

90127_1213948895175_full.jpg

I always get thrown into on that hole. I keep spreading the word about 'clears', but it's always hard to not sound like an a-hole when explaining it.

Reminds me of that video of the Pro Worlds a few years back, where one of the ladies uncorks a "top of the world " shot that travels FOREVER down the fairway until finally it caroms off the chains while the people on the previous card, just finishing up, scatter all over the map like they were being strafed! They had absolutely no clue where that disc came from!

Yeah... Thankfully I have never been hit...yet *knocks on wood*

I have almost got hit in the face once. I was chatting with this guy walking to our discs that we had thrown. I can't hear for squat, so the guy I was with suddenly looked away from me.....

*Whooooosh*

The idiot on next hole threw his disc so badly that it veered wide, and went between our heads maybe 4 inches from my nose! He apparently yelled "Fore" just like 1/2 second before the disc whizzed by me.

Another time... I was warming up... I threw some discs on 1st hole, and went to pick up discs... A guy I play with (local club) wanted to throw while I was at the basket area... I was watching intently for his throws.... I thought he was done, so I looked away... Bam, a disc skipped and hit me hard in the calf.... It hurts pretty bad and it felt like a severe rug burn!