• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Adidas sponsors Paul McBeth

Disc Golf fits into that profile well and in future has far more potential for retail sales than footgolf, which is a bit limited - got a football? Got the weird attire? Done. Disc golf purchasing goes on forever, much like Golf.
Soccer ball. I think footballs would be the understable version.

I know it is none of my business, but I am extremely curious about McBeths income from disc golf. It could be anywhere from 50k to 400k for all I know.

Football! Dammit. Football.

Damned uppity colonials, why's it a football when you throw the damned thing

;)

I know you don't really care, but since I actually know the answer....When the game was originally played you could only move the ball forward by kicking it.

I played in a pair of these for about six months.

http://www.zappos.com/adidas-outdoor-terrex-fast-x-gtx-blue-black-clear-onix

They were great to play in but the area near my left big toe disappeared because of how I drag it on my BH. Never had this problem with Keen. I'd be willing to give Adidas another try just from how well they fit but they are really expensive! Hard to pay $150+ every time you need to replace a pair.

I know you don't really care, but since I actually know the answer....When the game was originally played you could only move the ball forward by kicking it.

Ahhh, what? I'm sure you mean other than by running with it?

Football! Dammit. Football.

Damned uppity colonials, why's it a football when you throw the damned thing

;)

Because passball, or runball sounds stupid. Is it our fault that the better name got taken by those across the pond? They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Go Spurs! They might even make it into Champions next year! For that we must thank Chelsea, such a beautiful fold.

Ahhh, what? I'm sure you mean other than by running with it?

The first American football game was played on November 6, 1869 between Rutgers and Princeton. The game was played between two teams of 25 players each, used a round ball that could not be picked up or carried, but it could be kicked or batted with the feet, hands, head or sides, with the ultimate goal of advancing it into the opponent's goal.

--Rutgers - The Birthplace of Intercollegiate Football

This is great for Paul, but I can't help but feel like that's where the line ends. Until we see Adidas also sponsoring Wysocki, Nikko, etc. - similar to how Nike or UA sponsor multiple athletes in the same sport - I think this is simply something to help support Paul, not the sport as a whole.

I would agree with that, but I can't blame them if they're "testing the waters". No reason to sponsor multiple people without knowing there'll be a return.

If you want big sponsors like Adidas in the sport you have to support them, or else you're to blame for why they left. :\

I would agree with that, but I can't blame them if they're "testing the waters". No reason to sponsor multiple people without knowing there'll be a return.

If you want big sponsors like Adidas in the sport you have to support them, or else you're to blame for why they left. :\

Good point, and I think this is a positive in-road. But I won't get breathless about it until they spread the love a little.

The first American football game was played on November 6, 1869 between Rutgers and Princeton. The game was played between two teams of 25 players each, used a round ball that could not be picked up or carried, but it could be kicked or batted with the feet, hands, head or sides, with the ultimate goal of advancing it into the opponent's goal.

--Rutgers - The Birthplace of Intercollegiate Football

But that isn't why they named it football. "Rugby football" predated that game and used the word football while using a ruleset more similar to modern football. That single game was far more similar to soccer football than modern American football, which comes from rugby.

Give him a signature waterproof pair of Sambas reinforced at all the right spots.

I would just hand Adidas my wallet and say take what you need.

Until we have a Adidas NT event, they really are not sponsoring the game, just Paul. It is awesome for Paul even if he is only getting free shoes out of the deal. I mean that's probally what Dave F, Climo, Doss, and Paige get from KEEN. KEEN has also supported the Japan open and the Beaver State Fling for as long as I can remember, if we see that kind of sponsorship from Adidas it could draw the attention of other larger companies. Will be interested to see if they design a shoe just for DG, might be hard for them to tract if Paul's sponsorship actually brought in any new customers considering the volume of shoes they already sell.

i personally think disc golfers need to get more big name sponsors if they can. even if its an individual it'll bring these sponsors to the game and then maybe they'll see an opportunity.

One thing I thought I would throw out there, I find that Adidas tend to be narrow and long, which is awesome if that is what your foot type happens to be. In my experiences, they all tend to fit oddly because of this. So it is advisable to try on one that is half a size to one size smaller than what your shoe size actually is. I am a 10.5 foot but I am a 9.5 in Adidas sizes haha.