• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Advice: FADE Gear Tourney Bag or DD Soldier Bag

TheC-Hill

Bogey Member
So I am planning on asking for a new bag (in the 18-22 disc capacity range) for Christmas this year and want to see if I could get some advice on here about a couple bags. I have been looking mainly at the Dynamic Discs Soldier Bag and the FADE Gear Tourney Bag.

These two bags are very similar which is why I am having a hard time deciding. Right now I am leaning towards the FADE Gear bag simply because I like the Camouflage option and I like having that pocket for the mini on the front. However, I was hoping to have a bag with the shoulder strap option, which the Soldier Bag offers and I don't think the FADE bag offers.

If anyone can shed some light on these bags, or has a bag in the same disc capacity range they would recommend, I am all ears.

Both bags can accept the backpack straps. I would lean towards the fade gear bag because its water resistant nylon.

Check out the MVP Nucleus. Similar capacity as the other two. It also accepts quads and the included shoulder strap has a four point connection.

This is my favorite bag category for sure. I'm owned several different offerings in this category and I am currently using a Voodoo Mojo as my main bag.

If you'd like the best bag in this category, look no further than the Voodoo Mojo.
It is more expensive than the other options but you will not regret your decision.

No other bag combines the style, durability & function of the Mojo. They have a broad capacity for disc storage, a fantastic internal frame and have ample storage on either side.

Check it out and you'll certainly be impressed.

This is my favorite bag category for sure. I'm owned several different offerings in this category and I am currently using a Voodoo Mojo as my main bag.

If you'd like the best bag in this category, look no further than the Voodoo Mojo.
It is more expensive than the other options but you will not regret your decision.

No other bag combines the style, durability & function of the Mojo. They have a broad capacity for disc storage, a fantastic internal frame and have ample storage on either side.

Check it out and you'll certainly be impressed.
$100 without straps ouch. I would probably just upgrade to a backpack style.

Of the two you are debating I have had the Fade gear. I used it with phenix quads because I had them or else I would have bought the fade straps. I absolutely loved the bag. I felt as if it had plenty of storage and was pretty sturdy. And, I liked the color options that Fade offers.

Thanks for your responses. The voodoo is a little expensive for me so that's out of the question. And I'm still leaning towards the Fade tourney bag, especially after seeing people give it good marks here. Is there a way to buy cheaper, standard backpack straps instead of paying 34$ for the FADE ones with a rain cover that I will likely never use? Can the FADE tourney bag accept other straps?

I wanna say all the straps are made the same. I've had Innova, DD and FADE straps on my DD bag in the past. You can also get tool belt straps from you local hardware store that'll work.

Thanks for your responses. The voodoo is a little expensive for me so that's out of the question. And I'm still leaning towards the Fade tourney bag, especially after seeing people give it good marks here. Is there a way to buy cheaper, standard backpack straps instead of paying 34$ for the FADE ones with a rain cover that I will likely never use? Can the FADE tourney bag accept other straps?

Backpack popularity is starting to displace a lot of tournament (purse) bags, especially as players are looking to upgrade with this holiday season approaching. I imagine you'd easily be able to find a used bag and or straps in relatively good condition on the market place here, on the facebook page disc golf bags sell/trade or eBay.

Thanks for the advice and tips everyone. I am gonna go with the Fade Tourney bag and get the dynamic discs straps as I saw some good reviews of them on youtube.

Latest posts