• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All bout 12xkc pro aviar?

rxflores

Bogey Member
Iv seem a lot of threads about the kc aviar but none really describing everything! I'm using wizards and I'm starting to dislike the feel but like the bead. And I like the flight of the dx aviar but the bet in to fast. So hears the big questions! How does it feel compared to dx aviar and wiz? Does it have a bead? Bigger or smaller then wizard bead? How does it fly compared to the wiz? What weight should I get. Is it good driving putter under 150ft? Domey or flat?
I'm talkin bout the 12x kc pro aviar.

I no soo many questions but all I've seen is for the 11x and nothing bout the bead.
Thanks in advance!

Well.... not quite sure what your trying to get info wise, but I'll say a few things. I started using the 12x KCP Avairs they are a fantastic putter, and a great driving putter. I used to use them till I picked up a Wizard and haven't looked back. The wizard and the KCP Aviar are similar in feel, they both have a bead that is just about the same and are considered a stable putter. Get whatever weight you want, like everyone says the heavier the putter the less affected by wind it is. As far as flight imho, I'm the worlds worst thrower, they flew essentially the same to me. Also, every putter flies the same within the circle. I hope that helps to answer your question, if I were you I'd try it out, they are worth it.

The KC Pro Aviar is a "deeper" putter than the wizard. The beads on them are comparable. The dx aviar is stable where the kc pro/bb aviar molds are stable/overstable. I don't recommend driving w/ putters less than 170g, but thats me. If you like the bead, and still want a different putter other than the wizard try the ion.
What about the wizard do you not like? Is it too shallow? Is your wizard too beat in? What plastic blend is your wizard?

Pretty much all 12x KC Pro Aviars anymore are a little soft compared to the 11x and the earlier run san marino 12xs. Honestly you will probably not throw the kc pro aviar as far as the wizard. The newer run 12xs that i have felt all feel very waxy.

Pretty much all 12x KC Pro Aviars anymore are a little soft compared to the 11x and the earlier run san marino 12xs. Honestly you will probably not throw the kc pro aviar as far as the wizard. The newer run 12xs that i have felt all feel very waxy.

I took a piece of sandpaper and went over the whole disc, even inside the rim, that took the waxy feeling away. As they break in that feeling goes away also.

I got a sss wizard in 171. The flight plate is super beat more then the room and it just feels weird.
But knowing that it's deeper then the wiz. Kinda a turn off. I'm just gonna get another wiz or a voodoo in harde plastic so it don't feel like its more beat then it is.
Thanks do all your thoughts.

Latest posts