• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am I a bagger?

10 years is not novice no matter how you want to look at it.

Like I said, I've been playing for 9 years and I'm not very good. I would love to "get out and play more" but my job/wife/house/school tend to get in the way. Play where your skill level dictates. If you go low and do really well, the only way you are doing something wrong is if you do it again.

Lol most of this thread is ridiculous. Novice should only have to do with your skill level. For example, say you have some high schoolers that just started playing, and they have nothing to do all day, and play maybe 10 rounds a day just for kicks. So in a few months, they'll have played several hundred rounds. Then take some old dude who's played for 15 years but has only played roughly the same as the high schoolers. How could you possibly say that the old guy has more experience then?

Is this the new "what is par?" ?

BTW....

BRAVO DGCR, you took a boring week at work and filled it with transexuality, broke-armed baggers, and numerous other mind numbing topics.

Take a freakin' BOW!!

curtain_call.jpg

Wow, glad my thread stirred up so much emotion, didn't know people in Oregon felt so passionate about their divisions. Seriously though guy, why dont you throw FH your entire life then get in an insane car wreck and have your shoulder ripped out of socket through the backside tearing everything with it, breaking your top two ribs from the force of the tendons attached to them, throwing your vertebrae out of alignment, have more than one major surgery, months of PT and Pain management with cortisone shots in your neck and shoulder every couple of months. Then try and play disc golf, but you cant drive, approach, or even putt like you've always done in the past because your shoulder simply doesnt work the same, it doesnt move in the same way, it has absolutely no muscle whatsoever since your entire arm has been immobilized for six months. After about a month of play you feel like having a little fun with the game and you decide to enter in a tournament, what division do you enter? Keep in mind you havent played a tournament this millennium and you really dont have a clue about most of the rules.
Actually dont go out and do that because I wouldnt wish that kind of pain on even my worst of enemies.

Save your money and sit this one out. Use the money to get your mother or wife something nice for Mothers day.

Like the word 'dumb' much?

Good for you, that was pretty dumb though. No one should ever start in Adv. Playing up is dumb. Play with guys you can be competitive with.

You are dumb. What if the division was just named AM3 or AM4? Would he still have to play up? Do you base all you decisions on labels that have arbitrarily assigned by other people?
"No one should ever start in Adv. Playing up is dumb. Play with guys you can be competitive with."
In my first tourney, I played in Advanced & I got 2nd. Who's dumb now clown?:p

Playing in a higher division in a tourney is not how a person improves. That is how you get your butt whooped and end up playing the last card with guys who are also getting their butt whooped. You improve by practicing in the field and playing casual and practice rounds with a person who is better than you and willing to teach you.

I do agree with your last sentence here Frank. But not all of us are friends with the guys that are better than us. I learned the most and made my biggest skill level jump by paying $10 entry fee to the "Pro-Shootout" every Wednesday night at a local course. I watched, learned, and got dusted by some of the best players in the state. My driving accuracy improved and my putting raised almost to their level. I took moral victories by beating one or two of them and won nothing at all but a single CTP that summer. What I did receive was confidence, and playing against the Adv guys now is no big deal compared to running with the top dogs. My 2 cents.

Oh interwebs, always bringing out the best in people...

I have to agree with Frank. Skill-level based divisions are just that...based on skill. Seems straightforward to me. I can't believe there was actually an argument made here against this concept.

Number of years playing, or number of rounds played, will likely have a correlation with skill level in general, but clearly cannot be used to determine division (Cubby should be playing MPO!). Play the division that best suits your skill level, it's as simple as that.

Latest posts