• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

am i doing something wrong?????

midmittendgfiend

Par Member
i took my bag out to the local high school baseball field today to get some driving down so i didnt have to run up to the course and on some drives i was launching my groove further than my nuke????!?!? i was like wtf? but that was only like 10 out of 100 drives i did today. it was quite odd. there was a steady headwind of about 10+ mph too. but i was doing pretty sweet after a while when i got my technique down but i mean i was quite weird that i see so much crap talk about the groove on here when i actually respect it. maybe because its only one out of the three drivers i have now( i need to get more... im running really low!) all i have is my nuke, dragon, and groove left you can check my weights if you want but i think i might be compensating mentally because i usually dont do well with it haha. either way im pretty happy that my throws are now more consistent that i had the room to open up and rip it. either way has anybody else had this much luck controlling a groove as i had today??:confused:

As long as the shots accurate and sets up next to the trashcan for an easy drop-in....distance doesn't matter that much.:hfive:

How far are you throwing the groove,lol.

my ol baseball field went our to 375' from homebase so i was sending that and the groove out at about 350'ish and it was always ending center field so i was pretty happy haha i never get to throw that far. i always thought i never had the power, but i guess i do !!! it send the dragon off on a hyzer and it would flip over at 200 or so then it roll like 75 foot cuz of the headwind and how hard i was throwing. i was def overthrowing the dragon. f that disc haha. atleast i got a new dedicated roller out of my three discs for now!

As long as the shots accurate and sets up next to the trashcan for an easy drop-in....distance doesn't matter that much.:hfive:

very true but sometimes i like to step on the gas a lil cuz its just fun to see the nuke flex into a headwind!! i mean i was practicing at all sorts of speeds and distances just to get my form down and it helped.

a lot of people can talk sh*t and sway other people on the internet, but truth be told, the groove can be thrown right. ignore the dumbass groove in the rim, and throw the damn piece of plastic. i dont throw one any longer, but i used to, maybe a year and a half ago, and on occasion, the mf'r would soar. its like an understable ds. my only prob was they were extremely inconsistent from one champ groove to the next. i got an ace with the punkass piece of plastic, so its got some place in my heart, but i dont throw it anymore. i just use them as paint trays anymore. it aint you, its the plastic and its inconsistency that has you occasionally throw far as fark.

a lot of people can talk sh*t and sway other people on the internet, but truth be told, the groove can be thrown right. ignore the dumbass groove in the rim, and throw the damn piece of plastic. i dont throw one any longer, but i used to, maybe a year and a half ago, and on occasion, the mf'r would soar. its like an understable ds. my only prob was they were extremely inconsistent from one champ groove to the next. i got an ace with the punkass piece of plastic, so its got some place in my heart, but i dont throw it anymore. i just use them as paint trays anymore. it aint you, its the plastic and its inconsistency that has you occasionally throw far as fark.

wow .. you're talking the same sh*t that everybody else does. Why do you think they're so hated?

There's a reason discs don't have distance ratings, it all depends on how they're thrown. The Nuke, Groove, and Boss are all speed 13 which means they can handle the hardest throws and likely will go farther than others. But there are other factors at play such as glide, release angle etc that determine exactly how far it will go. When thrown correctly, the groove is very similar to a boss. Unfortunately, the groove seems to be very finicky and difficult to control for most people. I've never thrown one, can't get over that funky rim. It's the go-to driver for my brother though, he has great success with it. It doesn't surprise me that you can get ahold of it every now and then and chuck it as far as your Nuke. In fact, I'd be surprised if you didn't have a few throws go farther. The hatred for the groove is not because it doesn't go far, it's because it's very inconsistent.

Not odd.

Makes lots of not-odd sense.

Pretty reasonable i might dare to say.

what i mean is that the nuke gets a better rep than the groove and was surprised about my groove not flipping over a few times a reaching out a lil. thats all. as far as consistency the nuke was flying in places that made me feel better. so to this day i feel i can still throw it better. haaha