• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am world BAGGERS

Around the Tulsa and OKC area where i live he is known as Bubba Bagger. He doesn't care what people say or think he just wants to win AM Worlds. Apparently it's his dream. I agree its a little ridiculous but they can't make him move up so he stays there and wins.

I don't care about it though i'm only 985 rated an have won a B and C tier this year and earned almost $1,000 this year. Let him keep winning plastic and i'll keep winning cash :)

What's worse is the guy who plays Am-3 to win plastic when he's been playing for years and probably should be in Am-1 or Am-2.

If you win consistently in Am3 you'll either end up with a rating above 900 and be pushed up to intermediate, or everyone else in your area is choosing to play up above their level and that's their problem not yours.

Im done talkin bout this. Same dee deee deeee's that r defendin this clown are probraly the same dee deee deee's that got the idiot obummer re-elected.

the real bagger is apfaff....

kid is 991 rated and playing Juniors

Didn't the PDGA used to have a PRO 2 division? I'm not sure what means (cash or plastic), but can someone shed some light on that for me. Maybe they should look into bringing that back for these players who are not top pros and too good for advanced.

I'm fine with seeing Am Worlds have 1000 rated players. I would like to see them add a INT division though. This way players who signed up advanced just to play can actually compete instead of getting smoke by guys rated 50-80 points higher.

I would like to see them add a INT division though. This way players who signed up advanced just to play can actually compete instead of getting smoke by guys rated 50-80 points higher.
I don't. Am worlds is supposed to be a showcase of the best Am players, not a showcase of the best Am players who are just mediocre enough to be below an arbitrarily set ratings break. There are hundreds of regular tournaments on the PDGA calendar those guys can go compete in.

If a college track star runs world-class times, do they kick him out of college?

How bout a high school kid with a 96 MPH fastball?

If they take compensation (like discs they sell for cash) then they most definitely lose their amateur status. If they sell a game jersey or even their autograph or a championship ring or take advertising money, they aren't amateurs anymore-essentially kicked out. (The pitcher never gets to pitch, the track star can't run NCAA anymore, and Tiger doesn't get all those am titles).

I honestly don't care and think people should play any division they qualify for. But comparing disc golf amateurs to other sports ignores the fact that our amateurs get more than just a trophy or medal and are allowed to sell those winnings without losing amateur status. That is not the case with a lot of these other sports people bring up to make the comparisons to disc golf.

I don't know if disc golf is sanctioned by the NCAA, but selling discs won in an amateur event would mess up a kid's ability to play college disc golf if it were sanctioned. It would also get the school's compliance officer in trouble.

Im done talkin bout this. Same dee deee deeee's that r defendin this clown are probraly the same dee deee deee's that got the idiot obummer re-elected.

... if someone is really good and would prefer to retain an amateur status AND someone else supports his freedom of choice than said supporter must also have voted for the current commander in chief.

brilliant! I wish I would have thought of it myself.

Didn't the PDGA used to have a PRO 2 division? I'm not sure what means (cash or plastic), but can someone shed some light on that for me. Maybe they should look into bringing that back for these players who are not top pros and too good for advanced.

It was a short-lived experiment a number of years ago. No longer available.

Roughly speaking, replaced by the rule that allows pros to play am if their rating is under 970. And Ams to play pro and accept merch in lieu of cash. Blurring the already-blurry line between pro & am that some folks are so worked up about.

If they take compensation (like discs they sell for cash) then they most definitely lose their amateur status. If they sell a game jersey or even their autograph or a championship ring or take advertising money, they aren't amateurs anymore-essentially kicked out. (The pitcher never gets to pitch, the track star can't run NCAA anymore, and Tiger doesn't get all those am titles).

I honestly don't care and think people should play any division they qualify for. But comparing disc golf amateurs to other sports ignores the fact that our amateurs get more than just a trophy or medal and are allowed to sell those winnings without losing amateur status. That is not the case with a lot of these other sports people bring up to make the comparisons to disc golf.

I don't know if disc golf is sanctioned by the NCAA, but selling discs won in an amateur event would mess up a kid's ability to play college disc golf if it were sanctioned. It would also get the school's compliance officer in trouble.

The argument was that disc golf Ams should go Pro because they're too good, not because they receive merch.

Different sports define amateurism and ours is a little strange. But those college amateurs received tens of thousands of dollars in value, in scholarship and food and lodging and medical.

"Other sport" comparisons are always shaky, but the fact that no other sport requires players to go pro if they get too good must mean something.

During his streak, I wonder if the pros complained that Climo was bagging in pro.

I think adapting Phil Arthur's quote would be best in this situation: If you have a problem with the guy winning so much, take it up with your game.

but last year he wasn't and i believe that is why he can still play. correct me if i'm wrong.

i'm just giving him ****. i'm honestly surprised he didn't play Advanced, i think he's an absolute lock to win juniors and if he would of played Advanced my money would of been on him.

The argument was that disc golf Ams should go Pro because they're too good, not because they receive merch.

"Other sport" comparisons are always shaky, but the fact that no other sport requires players to go pro if they get too good must mean something.

Again, I agree with not forcing people to move up. If you don't like someone beating you, and they are following all the rules, then you just need to get better, not whine that the other guy is too good.

Having said that, I think part of the reason that no sport forces people to go pro is because they don't have to. They don't need to worry that the fireballer is going to forever dominate his amateur peers, because there is an incentive for him to move on if he wants to get paid for those talents. If he choses to not turn pro, the decision isn't seen as a way to beat up on lesser talents to get paid. That's why a dominate athlete in another sport is almost revered for not turning pro and disc golfers doing something similar are often ridiculed. Disc golfers don't have to turn pro to get paid.