• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am Worlds registration?

I would assume that Invite Div code means you are eligible to play Women's Advanced Masters, but can also play Women's Advanced if you so desire, whereas someone with an FA1 code would only have the latter option available.

I totally read that in Sheldon's voice.

I totally read that in Sheldon's voice.

original.jpg

Just noticed this on DD's website:

March 12 - 2013 PDGA Amateur World Championships Invites

March 19 - 2013 PDGA Amateur World Championships Invites Emailed and Mailed to Players

May 3 - Registration Opens for Invitees Only for any divisions eligible

May 31 - Registration Opens for All Current PDGA Members

June 28 - Registration Closes/Waiting Lists Close

I booked the trip for Emporia 2 weeks ago and most of our first choices were filled up for hotels - I had tried to get an early deal at the Guest House Inn but they were full by the time I got all the vacation time details worked out. I think some folks might be staying at the Bates Motel.....

rv park and a rv $50 per person on our team lots of camping available too

Anybody get their PDGA email invite yet? Last week they posted 3/19 on website. Then sometime earlier this week they posted 3/20. Today is 3/21 and no email.
I hate bitchin' but I also dislike it when people/organizations over promise and under deliver.
Much better to under promise and over deliver.

Anybody get their PDGA email invite yet? Last week they posted 3/19 on website. Then sometime earlier this week they posted 3/20. Today is 3/21 and no email.
I hate bitchin' but I also dislike it when people/organizations over promise and under deliver.

What do you expect in the email that isn't already available on the website here? I guess my question is why the email is important and why it's "over promise and under deliver" that it hasn't arrived yet?

The invitation list has been published, the invitation packets are published, the registration dates have been published. Not sure I see how the email is at all critical other than maybe giving a warm-and-fuzzy to the recipients in an official capacity.

Just got my email. Sure it's nice to see the "Congratulations, you've been invited..." but it really doesn't change anything.

I like warm and fuzzy.
I also like it when people/organizations actually do what they say they are going to do.
If not - then don't say it, or say it in such a way that conveys it is a goal and not a matter of fact.
i.e., 'We hope/intend/will try to...do 'x' thing by 'y' date.'

I'm also looking for specific information in the email that has not possibly been posted on the PDGA website, such as how do you register? Does it have to be paper? USPS or fax? Is there a link we can utilize? Does registration open up at midnight 3/29, 9am, or whenever they get around to it which actually may be Monday, April 1st.

The devil is in the details....

How fast does Am Worlds usually fill up? Is there a chance I may not get a spot even though I have an invite? I expect more people actually qualify with the minimum points than can fit in the tourney. But also, most people that get the minimum points probably don't play. Right? How has this played out in the past?

spaceguy87 - That's why I'm a bit anxious. It filled up last year months before the deadline. Although 2012 was the first year it did fill up. This year the player caps are even lower. 705 last year vs. 504 this year.

finally

Congratulations! You have earned an invitation to the 2013 PDGA Amateur Disc Golf World Championships to be held in Emporia, Kansas on July 6-13, 2013.
A welcome letter from the 2013 PDGA Amateur Disc Golf Worlds team and other important documents may be found at the 2013 PDGA Amateur Disc Golf World Championships Invitation Package page on the PDGA website. These documents include:
Invitation Welcome Letter
Registration Schedule
DRAFT Course Schedule
Overview Map of the 2013 PDGA Amateur Disc Golf World Championships
in Emporia, KS
Sample of the online Registration Form
Please note that space is limited. If you plan on registering and joining us in Emporia, it is particularly important that you read and understand the Registration Schedule as it details when the three tiers of registration will open and who may register at those times.
When registering, players MUST:
Be eligible for the current registration tier
Be a 2013 Current PDGA Member in good standing
Be a PDGA Certified Official
Meet all age, gender, and invitation criteria for the chosen division
Make a full and valid payment
It is the player's responsibility to make sure they meet each and all of these requirements when they submit their registration. A registration that fails to meet any one of these requirements will be considered invalid and be discarded.

Again, please note that any registrations received that are invalid will be DISCARDED- you will NOT be placed in a queue waiting for you to meet a requirement - you will need to re-register once you have met the requirement. It is 100% your responsibility to register correctly and when eligible to do so.

Again, congratulations on your invitation, I hope to see you in Emporia in July!

Link to Invitation Package produced this:

http://www.pdga.com/2013-pdga-world...junior-world-championships/invitation-package

So I guess my questions of:

I'm also looking for specific information in the email that has not possibly been posted on the PDGA website, such as how do you register? Does it have to be paper? USPS or fax? Is there a link we can utilize? Does registration open up at midnight 3/29, 9am, or whenever they get around to it which actually may be Monday, April 1st.

are not really answered.

spaceguy87 - That's why I'm a bit anxious. It filled up last year months before the deadline. Although 2012 was the first year it did fill up. This year the player caps are even lower. 705 last year vs. 504 this year.

If I try to register the day of though, there's no way its going to fill up on me, right? did the invite say if there was online registration? Their registration schedule doesn't even say. The way the registration form looks, it looks like I register by mail...

I highly doubt this will fill, if it does it won't be in one day. Not many people want to go to kansas, especially west coast people. Everyone I know who went last year said they won't be going this year. We are all waiting for next year. So I wouldn't worry too much about getting in.

If I try to register the day of though, there's no way its going to fill up on me, right? did the invite say if there was online registration? Their registration schedule doesn't even say. The way the registration form looks, it looks like I register by mail...

In the three worlds I have played there is no day of reg.
If this payout structure is like this next year I might just wait for 2015.

The document they posted is the fax in form. I suspect they will still have online registration.

Latest posts