• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

Just noticed that the "list" of players is invited players.

Would rather see a list of those who RSVPd "yes."

Edit: mrclc beat me to the punch

Letter from ESPN says "Licensor will provide ESPN one fully produced audio-visual program comprised of coverage..."

So that means that ESPN might play, at some point, on one of their networks, including their online streaming only network, a compilation of a tournament that was recorded in the past.

Personally, I hope this fails miserably and the big names get their names taken off the website ASAP.

Everything about the tour is founded and run by Salient. So, send us a ton of membership fees. Send us $75 per disc launched after Jan 2016. We make a bunch of money, the tour fails miserably, and we walk with a bunch of money. Sounds like Salient's business model with all of their other adventures

Last edited:
Why in the world would a business like ESPN work with a business like Salient? I'm starting to think Salient is that kid in middle school who always claimed to be cousins with a celebrity, but could never prove it.

Can't....help.....myself......

I love this:

How to set par on a course:
Below 6400 ft =Par 54
6401 ft-7200 ft =Par 57
7201 ft-8500 ft =Par 60
8501 ft-9200 ft =Par 64
9201 ft+ =Par 68

I've definitely played courses below 6400' that had true par 4s on it.

Also, good luck shooting a 68 on my new 14,500' course that I'm currently constructing...

...in my head...

I.......can't......control.......the......troll........

Even the stamps look awful. I mean, the ADGT logo looks like it was done in a vector format, which is what most stamps are done in so they're lossless. These stamps clearly are not lossless. Lossmore, maybe(probably?).

napalm-ADGT-LM-600x600.png
napalm-ADGT-liquid-600x600.png

Why in the world would a business like ESPN work with a business like Salient? I'm starting to think Salient is that kid in middle school who always claimed to be cousins with a celebrity, but could never prove it.

Honestly, I don't think ESPN is working with Salient at all. My guess is the documentation from ESPN is basically a form letter agreeing to allow whatever they produce on some ESPN platform (probably the online streaming platform). I'd also guess that the agreement is with the 3rd party media production company that put together the promo video, not with Salient or whoever else may be behind the "tour".

I'd also go further and guess that no money has changed hands as far as ESPN goes. The letter is probably a soft commitment pending fees that are due at a later date. If the fees go unpaid, the agreement goes away. No skin off ESPN's nose, as they probably have zero invested in this at all.

Talked to Rece Davis, Linda Cohn, and Scott Van Pelt today. They each confirmed that Salient is the pinnacle of I'm sorry I just couldn't help myself this is too funny and too much fun I am going kookoo and can't stop myself my fingers just keep laughing into the keyboard

If you buy a disc and win the American Open VIP raffle you get he following "prizes"

-Access to Corporate Sponsor Tent
-Gratis Food and Beverage on site
-Prize Pack valued at $500
-Free Players Party Access

Talked to Rece Davis, Linda Cohn, and Scott Van Pelt today. They each confirmed that Salient is the pinnacle of I'm sorry I just couldn't help myself this is too funny and too much fun I am going kookoo and can't stop myself my fingers just keep laughing into the keyboard

:clap::clap::clap:

in terms of growing the sport, couldn't this in fact set it back? Seems like anything i have ever read on salient ends up straight in the toilet.

Yeah it does- Salient tournements = crappy watched the td play then drop out early in the round then procede to play the second round. Didn't even see anything on the report about droping out. hmmmm

I love everyone posting on FB who has no clue. They think they bagged ESPN lol

I seen disc golf guy wants to talk to them tonight. Wonder if it's going to be that heavy set twerp that likes to cheat.

Pretty impressive tech standards for their discs and baskets. 14.5cm (5.7in) discs at 125g? Are any baskets even capable of catching a disc that small?

Latest posts