• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

in terms of growing the sport, couldn't this in fact set it back? Seems like anything i have ever read on salient ends up straight in the toilet.

I hate to get into the grow the sport stuff; but yeah. I'd hate to see this go south with ESPN and ruin the sports shot at real coverage

My buddy Mahmoud at ESPN is gonna go do some asking around. Let ya know when he gets back to me.

He's the guy responsible for all the DG clips making top 10.

I played a round with Mo last Sunday! He unfortunately threw out his back throwing a roller upshot (I'm not lying).

I don't want to pester him with emails/facebook messages about this though ;)

Pretty impressive tech standards for their discs and baskets. 14.5cm (5.7in) discs at 125g? Are any baskets even capable of catching a disc that small?

My lil wiz catch disc is ADGT legal! I'm officially going pro, y'all got no shot

Edit: mrclc beat me to the punch

Letter from ESPN says "Licensor will provide ESPN one fully produced audio-visual program comprised of coverage..."

So that means that ESPN might play, at some point, on one of their networks, including their online streaming only network, a compilation of a tournament that was recorded in the past.

I love the zapruder style analysis of a few lines of text. I did the exact same thing.

This is the best thread on dgcr in months. Solid gold, and it had been pretty dull around here

You going to push some buttons this weekend at the classic?

Nah. I'm pretty non-confrontational anyway, and I'd certainly never be confrontational to someone who donated sponsorship money to the tournament. I'm pretty curious to see how it all turns out, of course.

Nah. I'm pretty non-confrontational anyway, and I'd certainly never be confrontational to someone who donated sponsorship money to the tournament. I'm pretty curious to see how it all turns out, of course.

Fiqured that. Good luck this weekend.

I have some serious points around Quality vs. Quantity when discussing DG on real TV, however I'm hoping someone creates a Canadian Disc Golf Tour logo and throws that up here. How about a Jamaican Disc Golf Tour, at least they'll sign Nikko...

Whois search shows the domain is registered to a Hillary Kilgus of Columbia, South Carolina. Not a PDGA member that I can find, but apparently married to one.

Salient-Discs.com is also registered to Hillary.
00002166.png

So if they somehow manage to get this event broadcast on some kind of ESPN platform would that qualify as the greatest counter-troll of all time?

So if they somehow manage to get this event broadcast on some kind of ESPN platform would that qualify as the greatest counter-troll of all time?

I say it only counts if its on TV. Why waste money when there is youtube.

I think so and people thinking that all they have to do is create more "Tours" and the sport will grow. I apologize but all that sounds like disc golfers who are in charge of these tours are nothing but amateurs who have no clue.

I think this comment does apply to the ADGT, but Jussi really seems to know what he is doing. It may or may not succeed, but comparing Jussi's tour (what is it, the Disc Golf World Tour?) to this doesn't seem fair.

Perhaps someone should call the supposed event venue and ask about accomodations, as you will be planning on attending the event as a player.

Wouldn't it be great if they didn't know anything about it?

I think this comment does apply to the ADGT, but Jussi really seems to know what he is doing. It may or may not succeed, but comparing Jussi's tour (what is it, the Disc Golf World Tour?) to this doesn't seem fair.

Steve Dodge, too.

Steve Dodge, too.

Outsiders don't know these people. To an outsider all they would see are all these tours and wonder why when the sport is so small, imo.

I'm sure my generalization doesn't apply to everyone involved.

Any insight as to where this "American Open" in Columbia, SC will be played? according to the FAQ, it sounds like a ball golf course is a more likely venue than a DG course.

Any insight as to where this "American Open" in Columbia, SC will be played? according to the FAQ, it sounds like a ball golf course is a more likely venue than a DG course.

Found it:
American Open 2016 (Cobblestone Park Golf Course) Columbia, SC

Next Question: Has there ever been a DG course set up here? Who's the course designer gonna be??

I charge $2000 flat fee + travel :) I have multiple courses under my belt

Tune in to Smashboxx TV tonight for more information. Terry had a conversation with someone from Salient. This will not be on ESPN, but ESPN3. That's the biggest thing I took from that conversation.

Latest posts