• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

Seems like Paul's intentions are good, but it's too late. You're trying to save face for the wrong people. Salient has burned it's last bridges.

That's why there's still only 13 players listed.

Not for nothing Paul, but fire your Facebook guy. Right. Now.

I have a hard time believing that I'm this excited to see disc golf on ESPN fail. This should be a wet dream, but it's a sh*t show.

The whole event reeks of a middle finger to the PDGA, players, spectators, sponsors, and anybody that dares ask questions about it... And the shoddy(needless) rules BEG for questions.

I should be excited as hell about this, we all should be. Instead, I can't wait to see it rot and just hope too many players don't get scammed in the process.

Also, the fact that discs with holes are allowed means it's not disc golf at all. You're presenting a lousy product to the general public as "disc golf" on ESPN. Of course disc golfers are offended.

I'm going to rely on my caddy. I throw the disc, and the caddy catches it, runs down the fairway, and deposits the disc in the basket. And if they drop it and it stops, well, they're fired.

Make sure he's in shape. If he comes to rest, the disc comes to rest. Some of those holes are bound to be long.

Keep in mind that there are no conduct rules, so my caddy may be running interference. Perhaps even tackling. In fact, the there may be armies of caddies out there, playing defense. Think roller derby on a golf course. Cobblestone Golf Club has never seen such a sight.

They also have Chrysler listed as a sponsor. Given that it's likely an independent dealer that paid for the insurance, Chrysler likely knows nothing about this.

Thing is, Chrysler has REAL lawyers that might object to their name being used without permission...

Just another sponsor embellishment is all.

Any rules about player conduct? I can show up to the tournament in my torn/covered in paint work clothes with a 12 pack of beer in one hand and 2 discs in the other smoking and heckling, all while on ESPN - I may just sign up for this thing after all, this kind of sounds like fun!!

They also have Chrysler listed as a sponsor. Given that it's likely an independent dealer that paid for the insurance, Chrysler likely knows nothing about this.

Thing is, Chrysler has REAL lawyers that might object to their name being used without permission...

Win a Jeep for a hole in one (or in ADGT's words: a ace).

Still seems strange to me how many of y'all are begging/praying for this to fail. Why? Yeah, yeah, I know there are numerous issues/questions, but with every passing misstep the pack is getting more ravenous.

Well, to be fair, we have no way of knowing if it is an actual dealer or not. There are legitimate businesspeople involved with Salient, they might have some connect we dont know about.

I would say thats more likely. If I was a local dealer giving away a damn car, and they didnt even bother to put my dealership's name on their website, Id pull that **** so fast the TD's head would spin.

Still seems strange to me how many of y'all are begging/praying for this to fail. Why? Yeah, yeah, I know there are numerous issues/questions, but with every passing misstep the pack is getting more ravenous.

You clearly dont know the history of Salient and how truly bad they really are. This event actually sounds like a good deal...but not with Salient involved. I dont want thr evnt to fail...I want SALIENT to fail. They have scammed more than enough money out of the disc golf community, and now its time for them to go.

The taxes on winning a new car is more than most want to spend to get something for free.

You clearly dont know the history of Salient and how truly bad they really are. This event actually sounds like a good deal...but not with Salient involved. I dont want thr evnt to fail...I want SALIENT to fail. They have scammed more than enough money out of the disc golf community, and now its time for them to go.

Wait, what about this event sounds like a good deal?!?!?!? $300 entry, players pack with $150 sunglasses, who wants those??? Pros get players pack, no payout structure in rules or listed on website.

Unclear on rules, tech standards, temp course you can't go play.

This sounds like an awful event.

#scamthesport

I'm gonna take a less adult path to this than some others have.

Yes, I'd like them to fail. The guys who started the PDGA had an open format vision. By that, they wanted an involved and active membership. They wanted the process to be democratic, and they wanted the PDGA to be separate from the manufacturing side. Their job was to promote, sanction, and involve, not to make money or grow their own power.

Has the PDGA been perfect? No, Have they followed the above ideas. You bet. Do they sometimes blow it, you bet. Do they try and fix it when they get it wrong, you bet.

This event is rank marketing and self interested actions. The group is going head to head with the PDGA, not because they think they can do it better, but because they want the money coming to them.

I see no rational reason to help some guys, who's success is based on what the PDGA and it's members have worked hard for over thirty years to build, when those guys do not strike me in any way as really involving or promoting the players of the sport. They haven't added anything to the sport that I can see, other to take advantage of what others have done before them....

Such things never impress me.

Do I take them seriously, yes. Many have kavitiched about the PDGA and it's shortcomings over the years and threatened to compete against them. Honestly, you'd have to walk a country mile before I thought you had something to offer that the PDGA hasn't already considered.

Wait, what about this event sounds like a good deal?!?!?!? $300 entry, players pack with $150 sunglasses, who wants those??? Pros get players pack, no payout structure in rules or listed on website.

Unclear on rules, tech standards, temp course you can't go play.

This sounds like an awful event.

No, it just sounds like an ill-prepared event. Kilgus may be knee deep in shysterism, but I truly believe the other people involved, and maybe even Kilgus himself, are trying to do something new and progressive and good for disc golf. They are just doing it the completley wrong way.

They are hoping to be the ABA to PDGA's NBA, but really are more like the XFL to PDGA's NFL.

I cant believe Im kind of defending Salient again, but I dont think this is one of their many scams. It may end up having to be if they dont want to lose their shirts, though....

"Due to popular request we have decided to add one Amateur Division to the 2016 American Open from May 13-15, 2016 live from South Carolina to be featured on ESPN3."

Has ADGT reached out to the PDGA to ask for permission to use their rules as a base to save some time and effort? I realize the PDGA's rules are copyright protected so they would need written permission to use them, but it sure would be worth asking if they haven't already.

Coming up with a completely new set of rules worded properly is a herculean task for one person. Especially since any quoted or closely worded text from the PDGA rule book could leave ADGT open to a copyright infringement lawsuit.

Ok, next question: Will rangefinders be allowed? GPS and laser? With and/or without slope?

Plagiarism should be looked into if that's the case.