• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

American1_zpsrweouwxm.png

These jokes practically write themselves. :D

:clap:

Where's the next event? By definition tour implies that there are multiple.

Let's pretend that those poorly attended preliminary tournaments don't count.

Where's the next event? By definition tour implies that there are multiple.

Let's pretend that those poorly attended preliminary tournaments don't count.

How about the to-be-poorly-attended subsequent event on May 28?

.....at one point they posted that they needed 25,000 views on ESPN3 to proceed with scheduling their next major event.

I haven't read any boasts of the overwhelming response by the general public to their production, but perhaps those are yet to come.

If they were telling the truth in the Ultiworld article, and the re-broadcast on ESPN2 is dependent only on the production quality, and not the viewership, perhaps they're tied up in negotiations on that right now.

Its pretty easy to see that they lost a ton of money on this event.
Im calling it now, this was a one and done.
Also very likely that it takes down salient with it.
Gotta love seeing bad things happen to bad people.

I kind of see them attempting to continue to run this event, but perhaps without the ESPN(2)(3) nonsense, and with a bunch of blame on disc golfers for the setback in that regard.

Good call, but a lot of us called "none and done" a few months ago.

If I had to guess---and what else are we all here for, anyway?---I'd guess that they're hanging their hats on a re-broadcast on ESPN2, sponsors for that, and going forward.

.....at one point they posted that they needed 25,000 views on ESPN3 to proceed with scheduling their next major event.

I haven't read any boasts of the overwhelming response by the general public to their production, but perhaps those are yet to come.

If they were telling the truth in the Ultiworld article, and the re-broadcast on ESPN2 is dependent only on the production quality, and not the viewership, perhaps they're tied up in negotiations on that right now.

25000 views should have been a piece of cake.

On their website they stated
we expect over 50k live viewers to support the cause

Didn't see that posted anywhere. Is it on their website?

The Crooked Creek Classic, Chapin, SC - May 28

It's on the PDGA calendar as a C-tier, dual-sanctioned (ADGT), whatever that means. If you click on the link, it takes to the Salient website. If you work hard, you can find a list of Salient events there, though this one isn't on it. (You can, however, download flyers for last year's events, including the one that never happened).

But on the ADGT website, it's still listed under events. Other than that, there is absolutely no information or mention of it, anywhere that I can find.

Why do I care?

Well, Crooked Creek is the closest course to me that I don't live on, and a course I really enjoy. Until about 2 months ago I was planning to play it, regardless of everything else.

And it's the first local, regular tournament they've hosted since the Orangeburg fiasco, and I'm rather curious to see if anyone will attend.

Someone might encourage you to go play anyway...to have fun regardless of Salient, but also to give us the inside scoop on the event....

Ahh, good old Crooked Creek with the reversible fairways. I'd love to see how you would be received at one of their tourneys, Dave.

Latest posts