• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

An equipment question for DFW DGer's

i_throw_bricks

Par Member
I found a very new Texas State Doubles Championship hot stamped disc today. I tried to return it to the owner, but he told me to keep it because he never used it anyway. I have no idea what the disc is, so I was wondering if anyone knows what discs were stamped for the tournament. I spent some time on Google already and did not find the info. The disc appears to be a very overstable driver with a speed 9 or 10 rim, so I GUESSING that is a Firebird or Monster. However, I do not throw these discs and do not have any to compare it to, so this is only conjecture. But it is considerably more overstable than my Starfire. Anyway, just thought it would be nice to know what I am throwing. Thanks in advance.

You can get the rough estimated and go form there. I had the same thing when I was trying to figure out a mystery disc. Maybe put a picture up of the wing and the profile maybe we can figure it out.

trying to remember what they had... there was a pretty good selection with that stamp (it is the weird face looking stamp, right?). I have a pro wraith but i know there were destroyers and bosses. What kind of plastic is it?

trying to remember what they had... there was a pretty good selection with that stamp (it is the weird face looking stamp, right?). I have a pro wraith but i know there were destroyers and bosses. What kind of plastic is it?

Champ plastic. It's definitely not any of those. I've thrown all three and this is way more overstable. The rim width is off, too. I'm thinking it's a Monster, but I wanted to find out for sure if possible. The rim width is pretty close to my Starfire, but significantly more overstable.

wow, I'm stumped then. I dont remember any Champ Monsters, but htey did have a pretty big selection. Champ Max? Maybe a Z Force? That wouldnt be as OS as a Monster, but the 2 that Ive thrown were pretty OS. Josh Rippie was the TD and the Waterloo disc golf club ran it, maybe you can find one of them to ask... sorry I'm not more help.

Lack of markings on the flight plate might mean its Discraft...

You can get the rough estimated and go form there. I had the same thing when I was trying to figure out a mystery disc. Maybe put a picture up of the wing and the profile maybe we can figure it out.

Measurement differences between Monster and Firebird are only 1 mm. Estimates just won't cut it. In the end it doesn't really matter all that much except that it will give me a good reference point if I want something a little less stable or a little slower/faster, etc.

wow, I'm stumped then. I dont remember any Champ Monsters, but htey did have a pretty big selection. Champ Max? Maybe a Z Force? That wouldnt be as OS as a Monster, but the 2 that Ive thrown were pretty OS. Josh Rippie was the TD and the Waterloo disc golf club ran it, maybe you can find one of them to ask... sorry I'm not more help.

Lack of markings on the flight plate might mean its Discraft...

It has the markings on the edge of the flight plate, just Innova, no disc name or anything, so it's definitely Innova. I will try one of them. Could be a Max. The thing is OS as heck. I threw it anny trying to flex it and turned left almost immediately. The most OS thing I've ever thrown. I do appreciate the help, though.

It was a Firebird. I had been considering picking one of these up and now I have one. It's too overstable for me in most cases, but came in handy a couple times today when I needed a hard left dog leg. Will make a good OH/FH disc and heavy head wind driver, too. Great find. While I was at the store, I picked up a new Opto River and lost it on my first throw. I saw about where it landed in the brush, but after myself and two others looked for 30 minutes we had no luck. Too transparent, I think. I would like to try another, but will have to find something that will stand a little better against the brush. Maybe GL.

Latest posts