• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

And where exactly have you been?

slowRoll

Banned
Does anyone else come home with scratches on their back from climbing through the rough after errent throws? My wife has given me some serious looks whenever I've came home with briar scrapes that look like they could have been from fingernails. Funny, but true. :p

I've never had any on my back but, there's def a few courses that leave me unable to "hide" a round played form the gf.

last saturday I was throwing my second shot at hole 14 at highland park, joliet.

Its a short hole that is VERY heavily wooded. My first shot made it through the trees and landed about 30 feet from the basket. On most any other hole I would go for the birdie, but directly behind this basket is a steep slope going down about 40-50 feet and with all the snow that just melted, it was muddy as hell.

I "played it safe" and just tried to lay it up within 10 feet of the basket or so but my shot bounced and rolled right over the edge.

I was alone, and I wish someone was there to see me, but I took 1 step down the steep slope, and then down hill ski'd about 25 feet on my feet.(not on purpose) Came to a stop on a tree root, without falling.... almost crapped my pants lol

From spring through the fall I show up at work with my hands and arms all torn up from thorns. I think my boss thinks my wife abuses me or I am secretly an Emo chick that cuts herself :).

My wife plays so she always understands the scratches and cuts.

Does anyone else come home with scratches on their back from climbing through the rough after errent throws? My wife has given me some serious looks whenever I've came home with briar scrapes that look like they could have been from fingernails. Funny, but true. :p

I just spray perfume & put lipstick stains on my collar so she won't know I've been discing without her. :p

I've been pretty lucky regarding injuries, except a case of poison ivy and recently disclocated a toe during a round. Wife though I was insane to pop it back in place and play out the last three holes back to the parking lot.

We have some courses where the rough is just punishing(Crockett, I'm looking at you). The reason why I had never heard of a controlled burning before Bill is because no one at the parks department here practices anything like it. Instead we end up in summertime with thick nasty stuff that sometimes you can't even get a foot into much less climb in to be behind the disc. This seems to be the norm on a couple of our courses and you just learn to deal with it. I came home yesterday with 2 more long scratches on my back from a briar thicket. It just makes me glad that I have an good understanding woman that trusts me.

On most any other hole I would go for the birdie, but directly behind this basket is a steep slope going down about 40-50 feet and with all the snow that just melted, it was muddy as hell.

I "played it safe" and just tried to lay it up within 10 feet of the basket or so but my shot bounced and rolled right over the edge.

thats what you get

We have some courses where the rough is just punishing(Crockett, I'm looking at you). The reason why I had never heard of a controlled burning before Bill is because no one at the parks department here practices anything like it. Instead we end up in summertime with thick nasty stuff that sometimes you can't even get a foot into much less climb in to be behind the disc. This seems to be the norm on a couple of our courses and you just learn to deal with it. I came home yesterday with 2 more long scratches on my back from a briar thicket. It just makes me glad that I have an good understanding woman that trusts me.

That is how the course we played after the burn was...there were spots where if your disc went in it was gone, no hope.

Some of the courses down here in southwest Florida are brutal. Alot of the plants and trees have sharp thorns or razor like barbs. I've been poked and slashed many times. The worst thing though was getting bit on the neck by a crab spider. And you have to watch out for poison snakes, gators, and several other potentialy dangerous critters down here. Yet we play on!

I've got a couple of those scratches on my arm right now, actually. It looks like a cat got me. I just see the thorns as punishment for missing the fairway. :\

I was walking out from an errant throw and I snagged my thigh on a branch. No sooner than I turn around and say my choice words, my buddy states "I am telling your wife those scratches on your legs are "stripper scratches" a gift with purchase with each lap dance purchased... funny, real funny