• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Annual National Bowling Tourny Time for Disc Golf

MoonT4

Birdie Member
I am making plans for my annual trip to the National Bowling Tournament being held again this year in Reno Nevada. Last year, I met up with a local and played Zephyr Cove and Bijou. I am taking a bit more time this year and would like to play atleast one of these again along with some course/s on the North side of Lake Tahoe, any suggestions and or guides available?

Also, my brother in law and I will be driving from Austin,TX out there and would like to hit up a course or two on the way there and back, any suggestions and or guides would be greatly appreciated.

We have to be in Reno by Sunday night June 5th, but will be leaving Austin on Thursday night June 3rd. Figure to drive all day to a point and get a room then get up early the next morning for a round at the local course.

We plan on doing this on the way back aswell and would like to hit as many courses as possible. Our trip is planned as of now to leave on the 3rd and return home on June 11 or 12th. Any suggestions feel free to either PM me or post.

Thanks

Isn't there any suggestions for course between Austin TX and Reno NV that someone could suggest? Or by the silence and lack of posts are there no courses worth playing between here and there?

I don't know any east of Reno, really.

But while you're in Reno, check out the "Reno adventure park"...you have to call first.

I think your best bets will be in Phoenix and Vegas if you travel that way (Hwy 60 then 93 according to Google maps).

You could play "famous" courses that host major tourneys @ Shelley Sharpe (The Memorial Tournament plays there) in Phoenix and Sunset Park (Gentlemens Club Challenge) in Vegas.

Good luck in Reno - I bowled USBC Collegiate and a few of my teammates went to nationals every year, never felt confident enough to do it myself though.

You kidding, take your pick. Austin offers some of the best courses in TX. Pick one with a high rating and u cant go wrong

hes a cool cat. ever golf with him?

He is a cool dude, and yes, he is a member of the same club I am and he joined our bowling team on Tuesday nights. Needless to say, he has helped to improve both my golf and bowling games.

I don't know any east of Reno, really.

But while you're in Reno, check out the "Reno adventure park"...you have to call first.

Will do, how about Truckee, how far from Reno is that course, I was told about it last year, but we didn't have a chance to get out there, want to try to make it there this year.

I think your best bets will be in Phoenix and Vegas if you travel that way (Hwy 60 then 93 according to Google maps).

You could play "famous" courses that host major tourneys @ Shelley Sharpe (The Memorial Tournament plays there) in Phoenix and Sunset Park (Gentlemens Club Challenge) in Vegas.

Good luck in Reno - I bowled USBC Collegiate and a few of my teammates went to nationals every year, never felt confident enough to do it myself though.

Phoenix and Vegas, got it, I will gather some info on those courses and try to map out my trip to hit both of them, thanks for the suggestions.

As for as Reno bowling, the lanes are huge, the National Stadium is unbelievable, my first year out there I really sucked at bowling, had a whopping 134 average, and now carry a 186 currently but have been up to 197 in past years. Now bowling in Reno or anywhere for Nationals is a much tougher game than a local house league, but it is alot of fun. A couple years ago we bowled in Vegas, now that was alot of fun.

You kidding, take your pick. Austin offers some of the best courses in TX. Pick one with a high rating and u cant go wrong

I have played almost all the courses in the Austin area and some outside of Austin, I live in Elgin, TX which is about 18 miles East of Austin, so weekly I play courses around here, I am talking about courses that I normally wouldn't get the chance to play. I have made a few trips to San Antonio and played McCLain and Live Oak, both great courses, Live Oak is better but still both are great and have a great variety of shots, both also have signature holes that I really enjoyed throwing.

Phoenix and Vegas, got it, I will gather some info on those courses and try to map out my trip to hit both of them, thanks for the suggestions.

As for as Reno bowling, the lanes are huge, the National Stadium is unbelievable, my first year out there I really sucked at bowling, had a whopping 134 average, and now carry a 186 currently but have been up to 197 in past years. Now bowling in Reno or anywhere for Nationals is a much tougher game than a local house league, but it is alot of fun. A couple years ago we bowled in Vegas, now that was alot of fun.

Totally different than a house league for sure. Do they still put out PBA sport patterns for nationals?

Totally different than a house league for sure. Do they still put out PBA sport patterns for nationals?

Not sure what the pattern is, I just know that I have a 1-2 board mark to hit and if I miss wide, the ball slides out, if I miss inside it doesn't come back.

Will do, how about Truckee, how far from Reno is that course, I was told about it last year, but we didn't have a chance to get out there, want to try to make it there this year.

Truckee is about 40 minutes west of downtown Reno on I80.
We have 2 courses here, Truckee River and Sierra College. Sierra College is not yet reviewed/rated but we've got pics up. Its a beauty.