• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Another Trilogy Screw Up

Chiefstang

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Last year, getting our discs in time for our Trilogy event involved many phone conversations and e-mails resulting in us getting the player packs the night before the event.

This year, our club will not be receiving the putters until AFTER our event. We have been in contact with them all month since we had troubles with the order last year. We have been REPEATEDLY guaranteed that they would be here, and now we are being told they will not.

We have 50 players showing up on Sunday not getting what they paid for, and on top of it, the onus is now on US to deliver the missing discs to the players after the event that they won't have f*cking discs for.

We ordered these MONTHS ago and ordered extras on top of everything.

This will be our last event with this company.

What'd you do to piss them off do badly?

I assure you its not a club issue. Im not part of Long's Peak, but I have played enough of their events to know the mistake is not on their end. That really sucks that people wont be getting what they paid for.

I don't see how anybody could try to fault the club. It's a trilogy challenge, aka 3 discs. I'm guessing the event order was large enough that each mold came in its own box and one box never got shipped. Anything other than that and I'd be at a loss of words. Definitely sucks though that they couldn't make it happen and now you guys are having to hassle with the extra effort of getting the missing discs to players for an error that wasn't yours.

They ran out of putters and couldn't get them shipped overseas fast enough. This is our third Trilogy event in a row and we paid the full $1,500 order off last month.

The initial rage is quelling and I'm just concerned with saving the event for the players at this point. I'm going to try to see if they will hurry another putter mold to give to everyone or something. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks for the props Andy lol!

They ran out of putters and couldn't get them shipped overseas fast enough. This is our third Trilogy event in a row and we paid the full $1,500 order off last month.

The initial rage is quelling and I'm just concerned with saving the event for the players at this point. I'm going to try to see if they will hurry another putter mold to give to everyone or something. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks for the props Andy lol!

So in other words there will be other events in the same boat as you guys?

Same here in S.W. Fla...the TD said the Pine, may or may not be there the day of the tourny, (Saturday) and all the players could bring one legit midrange of their own if the Pines dont show up.

Pretty lame. No fault of the TD's.

Now I guess there's a "chance" they might be here today. Unreal...

Why would you not pre ship orders that are paid? Why not start producing the discs earlier or delaying the event dates? We've been promoting their event for months, there's no reason we should be standing by our mailbox waiting on the "chance" that their product will show up.

It's what happens when a company places themself above the customer in the quest for market share/profit/status. Maybe someone at Trilogy will see the plummeting altimeter and pull up.

I think the real reason is that they realized they made a faux pas on the name of that disc.
The Pine... really?

Who the hell wants a disc named after a tree? :thmbdown: ...that's gotta be a bad omen for sure.

*ponders what he said... removes River from his bag*

Kidding aside Stang, I hope everything works out alright for you and the players.
Too bad you have to take the brunt of the anger for their screw up.

I find it pretty funny how events like this for most companies are a way to dump inventory, but in this case they can't keep up. Definitely feel for you here, that sucks to happen. These events should be logistically as easy as possible for the TD to run. Manufacturers have to deliver. DD isn't the first company to have these types of problems with challenges and ace races.

Innova once sold a lot of baskets with chains that weren't properly galvanized so they rusted really fast. They replaced them for free...if you contacted them about it. In other words they didn't make a public recall or anything like that. Shady? Perhaps.

I guess my point is if the industry leader doesn't run a perfect business than I guess nobody's perfect.

And I would totally throw a Pine. I'd rather it be an Oak (White Oak preferably, #MAGA) but at least it's not a Hornbeam.

Latest posts