• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Another Trilogy Screw Up

You know Innova now has a disc called "Bryce". Might as well be called Chad...:\

Oh, no. What if the disc were to get caught in a tree?
Ever since the Florida recount controversy, I have had a distinct fear of hanging chads.

You know Innova now has a disc called "Bryce". Might as well be called Chad...:\

Or Steve...
Having backpacked in Bryce Canyon, (was free and the campgrounds were full!) i have to say, tho it would never happen, if they wanted, they could put in the best freakin course ever! Just watch out for snakes and mountain lions! Also, never mind the long hike in!

Was it Discraft? I was distracted by wondering if they had to pay royalties or not.

Lat 64.
2k-sarek-gobi-bryce-1030x343.jpg

Too bad Bryce NP doesn't have a disc course among the hoodoos. What an awesome full-moon round that would be!

I think the real reason is that they realized they made a faux pas on the name of that disc.
The Pine... really?

Who the hell wants a disc named after a tree? :thmbdown: ...that's gotta be a bad omen for sure.

No one is pining for a pine?

Dynamic Discs shorted us ten putters on our Trilogy Challenge order. Then promised to send the 10 putters but apparently (cough) they used the wrong zip code. After several conversations Dynamic is sending out the putters Monday July 23, two days after our Trilogy Challenge!

Dynamic discs can't fullfull their obligations for the Trilogy Challenge.

They could have shipped the package with an overnight delivery, but their too incompetent to do the right thing.

I just wanted to let the disc community now how Dynamic Discs operates.

Sincerely,. ~cjc. Chris Cole 41461

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Chris, An event this involved certainly generated a considerable "paper" trail. Reviewing some of them would help us understand how this evolved. When & where was your event held? How many putters were in the order & what was the reason given for the short?

Chris, An event this involved certainly generated a considerable "paper" trail. Reviewing some of them would help us understand how this evolved. When & where was your event held? How many putters were in the order & what was the reason given for the short?
The event if for July 21. The original order was for 52 total packs. The packs arrived last Friday, July 14 missing 10 Dynamic Putters. We called Dynamic and they supposedly sent out the putters. Then we find out yesterday that the pack was sent to a wrong zip code. Dynamic then said the players packs will be there on Monday, two days after our event.

I guess they haven't heard of overnight shipping.

It days a lot about Dynamic, they can't fullfull their obligations for their sponsored event!

So this happened again. Order was in over a month ago and we still haven't received any tracking info at all with the event three days away.

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Dynamic Discs shorted us ten putters on our Trilogy Challenge order. Then promised to send the 10 putters but apparently (cough) they used the wrong zip code. After several conversations Dynamic is sending out the putters Monday July 23, two days after our Trilogy Challenge!

Dynamic discs can't fullfull their obligations for the Trilogy Challenge.

They could have shipped the package with an overnight delivery, but their too incompetent to do the right thing.

I find this thread to be pretty tone-deaf.

I've been running disc golf events for 12 years. People show up and expect you to have done a lot of work preparing a course, securing players pack, getting prizes for the payout, etc. They really don't know how much work it is because most players have never done it. So you go out and do the work and make your order in plenty of time because you don't want to sweat players packs at the last second. You want the stuff with enough lead time to get ready without a last-second thrash.

What seems to happen is every year places order stuff late. The vendors want all the events to come off successfully so they scramble to get the late orders out. If you order a month early, they don't scramble to get your stuff out. It gets put on the back-burner to fill later. So if you order a month early it's still going to get filled right before the event, along with all the "we ordered late" orders that need to get out. It ends up doing you no good to be organized, you still get put in the scramble.

I've been doing an Ace Race for a decade. The earliest I've ever gotten the players packs was on the Thursday before a Saturday event. I ran Birdie Bashes when Vibram was a thing. Got the stuff on Thursday or Friday before the event. Now we do this Lat 64 Challenge thing. We get the stuff on Friday. Every time I go to run one of these things, I start sweating on Monday, then stress out the rest of the week waiting for the stuff. Then I end up staying up late on Friday organizing players packs, then getting up early to be at the park to run the event on Saturday. It's a lot of stress for what actually should be an easy/fun event to run.

That's from somebody who has always actually gotten the order. If I didn't get the stuff and had one of these thing blow up on me, I'd blow a gasket. My stress level is already so high that by the time I didn't get the order I'd be have a screaming/phone-throwing tantrum. And I'd probably go online and trash the company everywhere I could think to post it.

The problem is the places that order late. Places order late because players don't pre-register, then call and go "man, can I still get in?" Ordering is a guessing game unto itself. You don't want to get stuck with a bunch of stuff, but you don't want to be short. You know people are going to miss the deadline and try to register late. So you wait, and wait, and wait...blow off the deadline then order late. I'm not even mad at the places that order late, I know why they do it. It's a vicious cycle, though.

I have no answers, but I really feel for places that get a messed-up order. You put a lot of work into offering quality events and then Boom! Your event is a failure before you even start. You guys have every right to be mad.

There's absolutely nothing preventing the vendors from shipping the product that was ordered a month early on time so it arrives a week early. Nothing.
We didn't order late. They shipped the entire package, minus ten putters.

We informed them of their screw up ten days before the event.

They could have easily overnight shipped the ten putters.

The event went well. Ten Novice players had use their own putters.

Dynamic Discs shorted us ten putters on our Trilogy Challenge.

When I checked our fb reviews and saw this I felt awful. I know it has to be frustrating to have this happen. We work hard to get these orders correct, but we certainly failed in this instance.

I don't work with the shipping part of our operation but on behalf of DD I'd like to apologize for the mishap.

I did discuss this with a few people at DD and from my understanding we were able to refund some of the cost to the event's TD for the inconvenience.

We don't takes these situations lightly and ways to improve were discussed.

Thanks,
Bobby

Last edited:

Latest posts