• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any Utah Course Love?

Codester1011

Par Member
Anyone play in Utah? what are your favorite courses, and what holes?

I myself like riverpark, many of the holes are short, but very wooded, the course favors back/forehand about equally. five or six holes where you can really bomb it, nice and open. The middle nine are extremely wooded and require some great precision to not lose a disc. All in all a fun course.
Favorite holes would be 3, 10, 15. Three because I almost always park it, 10 because there is an awesome far out hyzer approach (but if it levels out and doesn't come back it is in a fast flowing river) and 15 because it is great for testing out skipping discs (through a dry riverbed)

Where is Riverpark?

I like Creekside. Fun course with some nice technical shots needed.

I posted a reply from my phone earlier, but I guess my phone is just stupid.

It is in riverdale utah, when coming from the freeway on riverdale road, you turn right on 700 west, then there is an immediate left, follow the road to a dead end. the course is right along the weber river parkway.

I am in Utah County. I really like the Art Dye course in American Fork. It's a pain in the ass though if you don't know it. Not labeled and hard to find your way around unless you're with someone who knows it. It is totally worth it to play it once with a local to learn the course though. Hole 6 is a huge uphill shot onto an old water silo thing. It's pretty awesome. Most forested/technical course I've played in Utah.

if youre going to play one course in utah, you gotta play solitude. ride the ski lift up and shoot all the way back down the slope.;)

I played Creekside when I was in Salt Lake City earlier this year. Definitely an enjoyable course.

I just played an object course in Salt Lake last week. I think it was at Fairmont Park? Anyway I'm not a huge fan of object courses but it was fairly enjoyable. With baskets that could be a very fun casual round kind of course.

Any Moab people around? I am looking at playing the two courses there soon. Heard pretty good things about both and its only a five hour drive>Play>Camp>Play>drive.

From everything I've heard basecamp is one of the funnest courses anywhere with awesome scenery and tough holes. Sandstone can be rough on the discs though. Also can be pretty rough to get there. May need 4 wheel drive. Old city park is supposed to be pretty challenging as well. I have yet to go down there to play. But most of the regulars I play with have played them and love it.

I live down in las Vegas but me and my buddies traveled up for the creekside open and I really enjoyed that course. We are making it a yearly.

I'm considering a job in SLC...good to know there is a good disc golf scene

stay away from spanish fork.

wind turbines 300' from the course are never a good omen...that and the fact that its in a rock quary make it a course to skip.

creekside and solitude are cool. centennial is ok too. the upper portion is a pretty rugged mess though.

Top 3
1. Art dye
2. Solitude
3. Creekside

I used to think creekside was hard until I played Art Dye. Solitude is definitely fun, but plan on it taking the entire day. The best part about Art Dye is that no one is ever there, so you rarely have to wait on anyone. Creekside is the opposite though, definitely the most crowded course out here.