• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone get new discs for Xmas?

My family is disc illiterate, so I got my own today at a tourney. Picked up a lat 64 Mirus on the way, a Star Rhyno for my player pack (have a dye in mind for this), and a Star Leopard, Star Firebird, and DX Banshee with my winnings. Also have a CFR XCaliber in the mail I bought yesterday.

my mom surprised me and ordered the misprint deal from sportdiscs.com, the pro-d/elitex pack. for 40$ i got ten random discs, yes they where misprints but they fly fine some just look kinda funny.
the discs i got where. . .
elitex soft apx putter
elitex comet
elitex buzzz
elitex stratus
pro-d stratus
elitex xpress
pro-d cyclone(with a cool faded stamp of a lizard laying on a disc)
pro-d avenger ss
pro d XL
and my favorite a blue pro-d magnet putter with red a sloter park Amsterdam, the Netherlands tournament stamp.

all discs where within 170 and 176 grams.only 2 out of 10 did not say the name of the disc on the front stamp.

I got a 174g tye dye beast and a 170g stingray from my sister in-law.It was a great guess as I lost my Maceman beast at Beaver Ranch.Never thrown a stingray before but I'll find a shot with it.

I bought myself a 2003 Roc. but I just opened my father-in-laws computer and the DGCR store popped up, So I am getting some DGCR swag in a few hours :)

Wife has no idea

I got the Innova beginner set (Lepord, Shar, Aviar):doh:. Usless for a rockstar like me. To make it worse I already bought that exact set for my daughter when she started out. LOL:)

You can always find a use for an aviar and a leopard
Some days I carry all 3 of those still (except the leopard is a champion and the Aviar is a KC pro)

I got two DX innova discs, one shark that I already had and an eagle fairway I didn't really need. I ended up returning the discs and picked up a nice San Marino Star Roc 177g. Bright orange, I love it.
Here is a pic:
starroc.png

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I also got a wham-o mini basket from my Mom. I am really enjoying it for an indoor toy. The discs aren't real minis. They are wham-o frisbee's as I expected them to be. But, I still enjoy playing around with it and it doubles as a great drinking game.

Heres a pic:
minibasket.png

I got the Innova beginner set (Lepord, Shar, Aviar):doh:. Usless for a rockstar like me. To make it worse I already bought that exact set for my daughter when she started out. LOL:)
This is why I'd rather my relatives not get me any DG stuff, unless its a gift certificate to an online store. And lets face it, they wouldn't have the know how to even find those.

So no discs for me (like I need any). But I did get this cool foam flyer with my alma mater's logo on it. Don't think it'll see much play outside, but at least I can throw it around the apartment.

Attachments

• Husker Foam Flyer.jpg
    Husker Foam Flyer.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 18
Innova bag straps
DX Rhyno
Elite X PUTT'R
ESP Stalker (PDGA Membership that showed up in Xmas Eve)
Elite Z XS (from my friend who got it in his misprint deal)
Quest A Odyssey (weird disc, but will give it a try)

Last edited:
From the girlfriend I got a Star Wraith to replace the Champion one my friend lost. From my parents I got cash so today me and my cousin hit up Nat's in Bowling Green and I got me a Star Katana 2010 Worlds, a Star Roc celebrating 20 years edition and a X-out "Power Driver". The X-out disc doesn't have what it is like the others in the store it just says power driver. I'm interested to see how it flies.

From the girlfriend I got a Star Wraith to replace the Champion one my friend lost. From my parents I got cash so today me and my cousin hit up Nat's in Bowling Green and I got me a Star Katana 2010 Worlds, a Star Roc celebrating 20 years edition and a X-out "Power Driver". The X-out disc doesn't have what it is like the others in the store it just says power driver. I'm interested to see how it flies.

The X-Out, does it have any markings on the back?

Innova bag straps
DX Rhyno
Elite X PUTT'R
ESP Stalker (PDGA Membership that showed up in Xmas Eve)
Elite Z XS (from my friend who got it in his misprint deal)
Quest A Odyssey (weird disc, but will give it a try)

Good luck with that odyssey, i found one on a course one time and after throwing it a few times, i came to the assumption that somebody lost it on purpose. i just can't grip the thing with the goofy ridges. makes a nice wall disc

As stated before, the only disc i got was the PDGA membership black ESP stalker, but i got a bunch of cash so i did a little online shopping.

Bought myself:

3 more DX aviars
Pro wraith
Z Buzz
3 Pro-D wasps, won't be long before these are gone forever
Z comet
champ leopard
Z stalker, so i don't have to throw the PDGA one
aviar t-shirt

I got a Skill-Shot practice basket and a variety of new putters to try:

Discraft Banger GT
Discraft Ringer
Discraft Soft Magnet
Innova Aero
Innova Pumpkin Aviar
Innova Birdie
Innova Rhyno
Innova Sonic

Good luck with that odyssey, i found one on a course one time and after throwing it a few times, i came to the assumption that somebody lost it on purpose. i just can't grip the thing with the goofy ridges. makes a nice wall disc

As stated before, the only disc i got was the PDGA membership black ESP stalker, but i got a bunch of cash so i did a little online shopping.

Bought myself:

3 more DX aviars
Pro wraith
Z Buzz
3 Pro-D wasps, won't be long before these are gone forever
Z comet
champ leopard
Z stalker, so i don't have to throw the PDGA one
aviar t-shirt

I threw it a few times over the weekend, and I agree with you. The only "decent" throw I had with it was straight downwind with an extreme hyzer on it just to get it to go straight.

Every time I threw it into the wind or at 90 to the wind, it was uncontrollable! I threw it with an extreme hyzer (holding it almost vertical), and watched it flatten out and roll the opposite direction in flight, landing upside down?!?! After that, I put it back in my bag and forgot about it for the rest of the day.

I turned cash into:

M-14 practice basket
Elite-X Stratus
Elite-X Comet
ESP Meteor
DX Stingray

The Stratus replaces my too-beaten ProD...the rest are to see what else is out there for understable mids.

Latest posts