• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone throw the Villain or Giant?

I have been throwing my 172g Villain more with the all the crazy wind recently. I am beginning to like it for consistent hyzer shots into stiff headwinds where my Blitz would normally stay straighter. I have to start throwing my orange 169g Villain to see what it can do.

I love my tournament plastic giant. Its not too high speed overstable to be workable and it is definately long. It is without a doubt my longest disc. The glide is pretty crazy too for a disc this beefy.

I'm really liking the Giant so far
I can see it turfing my FR D's from my bag

I had some pretty decent throws with it yesterday
I should be getting some more work with it today hopefully

I still need to get a VIP to test out in headwinds

Anybody broken in their TP Giant yet? I took it out because its been quite calm lately and the holes are short. Does it delay fade and get turn or just straighter and straighter?

Although it may be too early for anyone to know this Id like to know this too so I know whether to throw mine more or leave it on the wall :) Right now its just a wind disc for me..

too early for me to say
and we don't have enough stuff for me to hit on most of our courses so seasoning takes a while

You should throw it. Lat/Westside discs don't really have as big of a collectors market outside of the natural beauties and a few specific runs.

I actually like that the Westside stuff, as far as I can tell, doesn't have any kind of "first run" indication on it

Mine keeps coming in and outta the bag depending on the conditions. Id rather throw the sword unless its windy..It hasnt been very windy recently so I havent had to use it so although I have alot of obstacles, its still going to take awhile to break in since its only getting thrown like once or twice a round when it is in the bag usually in a head wind or a spike hyzer..

I haven't really found mine to be all that (over)stable
then again I am throwing a lighter one at 168 and the L64/Westside stuff is known (IMO) to be somewhat different in lighter v heavier weights (although that can likely be said about most molds)

I'm gonna get flamed for this but

if the Sword can be likened to a faster TL my experience with the Giant so far is that it is a faster TB (yeah yeah I know :s )

but really it seems to excel at straight with fade
mine doesn't really have turn (and no it is not a +1 on the HSS like the stamp says...at least not in an Innova rating system)

if that was something that could have been said about the PD then I think it applies equally to the Giant at a faster speed

also, the descriptions talk about it being a skip lander, I don't know if it is the current conditions where I am (getting a little most after the melting snow and now some rain) but I'm not getting any skips

I don't have an issue with that
the flight plate on mine is quite flexy and I wonder if it is just flexing on impact and not skipping up (again the ground conditions may also be playing a role)

I didn't get to play tonight, I'll have to wait for perhaps Friday and the weekend for more throws

I have a 169 Giant (VIP) and it is both overstable and skips like a flat rock.

It is beyond Star Destroyer stable...yours sounds downright friendly by comparison.

hmmmm

the 2 that I got are quite flat

in chatting with jmitch he said his Tournaments were almost pop top

I'm thinking the flatness of mine might have something to do with it

dagnabit
I'm gonna have to sell some stuff so I can buy a few more of these

I have a TP and a VIP both pretty domey but the VIP is on the verge of a poppy top. Neither are flat, and both overstable.. Tp is 170g and VIP is 167g

seeing as they aren't making your bag how about a bar stamp z crush and a couple of swords for your 2 giants?

More effective for me throwing forehand. Other discs performed better (again).

The Villian is the #1 villian of my collection. It stole my money. I have no use for this disc at this time. I'll try to beat it up... but it's opto.

I was too harsh in my first impressions of the Villain (170 gm). It's more consistent against strong winds than my Blitz and longer than the XXX. The more I throw it, the more I like it. Consistent in strong winds. It's a keeper. It's now in my bag.

A buddy of mine just picked a villain up the other day. From what I've been seeing I think I'll just stick with my c-pd2.

I have a 171 Orange Opto Villain. It is my go to disc for thumbers. This is all I use this disc for. I love it (for thumbers).

Latest posts