• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone throw the Villain or Giant?

I have thrown each a few times. So...take these guesses with a grain of salt.

Giant reminds me of a Quasar with slightly higher HSS and better glide.

Villain is a bit like a star destroyer.

IMG_20120401_142554.jpg

My opto flow flies like my star wraith. So the opto villain is like a *destroyer? Interesting. They said it's a faster striker. I have 2 GL strikers which I like a lot. We'll see if I end up getting a villain.

The rim is the width of a wraith but it has the trademark large flight plate. So it feels like a wraith but goes longer. Vids maybe soon. Def a 11-12 speed and -1/3 on turn/fade

Got some nice testing in today. The Villain is dead straight out to about 375 and had a hard forwards fade. The Villian doesnt have exceptional glide but enough to get it out there. The Giant had a very nice glide while straigh but when it went to fade it fade hard left. The Giant got some nice skips to which allowed me to go wider knowing it would hook left and take a nice 10ft minimun skip. The Villian dug in more and i was lucky to get a skip if any most of the time. In the wind i liked the Villian a bit more becuase it was so glidey i knew it was coming back and it was much easier to land where i wanted it to. The Giants had much much more headwind distance potential but was harder to be precise. Neither flipped nor turned into the headwind which was apporox 15 mph. Nothin severe but those winds can flip my destroyer if i crank them.

All in All they are both pretty nice discs, the next step is to see if they make the bag.

I also enjoyed how the villian didn't have a slanted + rim. I love the + on fairways only, not on my higher speed stuff which is why i dropped the halo.

I have thrown each a few times. So...take these guesses with a grain of salt.

Giant reminds me of a Quasar with slightly higher HSS and better glide.

Villain is a bit like a star destroyer.

IMG_20120401_142554.jpg

So if your Villain is like a star Destroyer, how do you compare the Halo to the Villain? (besides MFG. flight numbers) Halo more Boss and Villain more Destroyer? Thanks EK.

Last edited:
Halos vary alot. But on average, they have more HS turn than this Villain.
This Villain did not turn in headwinds that would have easily turned my GL halos
Both my star destroyers are more HSS than avg (one is an infamous 167 uber stable)

Understand too that you are asking me to generalize about a disc I have < 20 throws on, and only 1 example of...so, like I said before, grain of salt req'd

Last edited:
EK- That streaky Giant is a beauty :) My villain and kings should be here today! Im excited to throw em even though the Giant will prob be too much for me..Im hoping the Villain falls right into place as what I thought the Havoc would fly like when it was first announced.

So far my Villian is a little disappointing. I'm beating it in to see if it will come around for me. (Note: I'm not a fan of new Destroyers either, but I like them better than my new Villian. I like Destroyers after they've beaten in).

I'm pretty sure this disc will not replace the Blitz in my bag.

My Villain was dissappointing as well. I threw my two in a field and they didn't seem to throw as well as I thought. Then again, I hate field practice because there isn't much to aim at. I need to take them to the course when its not busy and see if I can hit the same lines as my blitz. I have tomorrow off, so I might bring them out to see what they can do in certain situations.

Mike C it isn't a quasar at all. Different flight. The giant is much easier to "connect" on because the rim is easier to hold onto(smaller rim, more flight plate). It has more glide so if you get it up to speed it goes. I've seen lesser arms struggle with the stability because it isn't up to speed. I put one about 550 on an easy tight flex line. The disc locks into its initial line amazingly well. My tight flex lines hold the anny angle for about 80% of the flight befote it hooks up. Ive thrown a lot of flat 475-500 shots. One of my longest discs ever thrown. I need to try it with the 360 throw. Pretty sure I can set a new personal best. It's a very well designed disc. I'm still amazed more manufacturers dont use larger flight plates like lat64/west

I went to Disc Nation and tried them both the other day. I threw each 6 times and that was enough to tell both weren't that special.

I was really expecting the Villain to be pretty awesome. It was not. Very little glide at all. You can push it out there easy enough but then it just kinda dies. It is a worse Sword or Flow. Maybe like a Striker with no glide and a drop at the end?

The Giant was a bit better and the Quasar comparison is pretty good. I don't think it's as good as a Boss but they are similar discs I guess.

Basically both fill gaps in their respective lines, I guess, but aren't better than what's already out there.

The Warship, on the other hand, if you haven't tried it, is pretty amazing. Straight with glide and a slight fade at the end.

Latest posts