• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Anyone use a Banshee?

Thinking of putting together an off-the-wall bag for funsies. 150 class champ banshees? Talking about 155g or so. Nothing in the 160s. Opinions? Is it the true Longer teebird?

Why not go 150 Teebird?

At or near max weight no the Banshee is not longer. More blunt nose, less glide, more fade. Awesome mold for sure but not longer.

Thinking of putting together an off-the-wall bag for funsies. 150 class champ banshees? Talking about 155g or so. Nothing in the 160s. Opinions? Is it the true Longer teebird?

150 class Banshees are awesome but they are not longer Teebirds for sure. I can throw a normal weight (for me at 167g) DX Teebird further than my 150g Banshee by 20' or 30' I think.

150 Banshees carry further, but are still on the OS side. Mine don't turn at all and I throw them 300 ish. My good Eagle X throws on a worn star are about 330'. My elevation is about 5k feet. They throw just a bit further than my heavy Banshees.

They kinda throw like a long mid with more fade for me.

What is nice about them is you can still find the nice flat PFN pat#'s around fairly easily.

For a longer Teebird try a 150 class PD, Thundy or OLF.

I have been bagging a 151 Champ Banshee for a minute. I love it. It's my OS driver. It's a decent wind fighter for its weight. I would say mine is a ding more OS than my beefiest TBs/Eagles. I usually bag a spectrum of TBs or Eagles and bookend them with a Banshee and Leopard. I'm too cool for distance drivers.

I also prefer to power down a Banshee and throw it mid range distances than rip on an OS mid.

I also prefer to power down a Banshee and throw it mid range distances than rip on an OS mid.

^^^ This. :thmbup: I've been doing that a lot recently, especially when I took the Green Hornet out of my core bag. My 157g Banshee has worked very well in that capacity, as has the Jen Allen Teebird..

I've bagged a 150g Ch Banshee since they became available. For me they fill a longer midrange approach and touch line upshot disc. Occasionally a tommy overhead for very tedious skinny lines. They are great for longer flick upshots requiring power with a little skip fade at the end. For me they feel almost identical in the hand to the CE Leopards for flick upshots that need a harder finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone mess with a flight numbers dx banshee

I think Brodyseus did a few years ago, if he is still around to talk about em. (unless of course I'm confusing him with someone else).

I have a few PFN pat# in the good ole dx that I'm likely getting rid of with my champs pretty soon.

I began to throw champion Banshees around 2013 but then I found a GoldLine Trident, and I've never looked back. But now that my stash of tridents are running low I may have to revert back to my banshees which I'm not too happy about.

DX Banshee starts out as a Banshee, seasons to a shorter Teebird.

that was the sad story i wasnt trying to hear

does it turn into like how a beat dx firebird does with hella turn and still comes back with the bite at the end almost like a magic trick

does it turn into like how a beat dx firebird does with hella turn and still comes back with the bite at the end almost like a magic trick

Sounds like it's more like a PD that loses fade but maintains high speed stability. Beat DX Firebirds are crazy fun. You can flip one 75' off line, and it'll still fight back to fade if it has enough height.

I've thrown a lot of DX Banshees and a lot of DX Firebirds. DX Firebirds are like a zenmaster disc golf secret; they are magical but almost no one throws them so almost no one understands the magic. Like EVERY DX disc loses it's LSS first and stops fading, but the Firebird does it in reverse. Throwing one is an accident you have to stumble across. I mean, 90% of the people who throw Firebirds wouldn't touch DX anything; they will never see the magical beat DX Firebird in action.

Beat DX Banshees are old golf discs. :| They lose the LSS before the HSS like golf discs are supposed to, so they fly more like TeeBirds. They never have the magical TeeBird glide, though.

I've got an x-out champ Banshee that I bought 3 years ago so it's probably not the cool version everyone is waxing nostalgic about in here. I still like it though, it's beaten in to very straight with good glide and then a late pronounced left fade (RHBH). Flies very similarly to a fresh Avery star Teebird, except the Teebird has more HSS. Distance for me is very close, maybe a tick more distance with the Banshee.

If you don't have a beat in DX Firebird go to a PIAS and find one for your bag. You can thank all of us later.

Mine actually has one. I thought about it a couple times, but haven't snagged it. I need to sell some of my recent acquisitions first though.

If you don't have a beat in DX Firebird go to a PIAS and find one for your bag. You can thank all of us later.

Yeah DX FBs are great. I snagged the one at the local PIAS and proceeded to throw it 400' with relative ease. Outdistanced the Plasma Trace I had with me by 45'+. Super fun to throw, and it will almost always fight back if given enough height (throwing sky annys it won't fight back, but otherwise it will).

I think Brodyseus did a few years ago, if he is still around to talk about em. (unless of course I'm confusing him with someone else).

I have a few PFN pat# in the good ole dx that I'm likely getting rid of with my champs pretty soon.

I did give them a try.

I should preface this with the fact that I love DX. DX Teebirds, Leopards, Valkyries, Rocs, Eagles... the DX versions are the best versions.

DX Banshees were a different beast. Typically DX will lose some fade, then develop some turn, all the while developing crazy glide. And DX typically doesn't beat as fast as most people think. But DX Banshees beat much faster (than say a DX Teebird) and the lost fade and started turning at the same time. This made for some unique flight paths, because even though they lost fade, they still always finished. Flew Eagle type flex lines. But they never seemed to develop really any extra glide.

I should note this was a small sample size and it was two+ years ago I did this. I was playing much less, so even though I tried DX Banshees for most of the season, I really only put significant wear on three.

So I was not impressed. Champ Banshees are the best Banshees in my opinion. I've since moved away from Banshees, as it is so easy to find Teebirds that fly basically like Banshees nowadays.